• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
With the discussion around the free to play games recently, I thought it would be enjoyable to reminisce about Battlefield Heroes.

battlefield-heroes-760x428.jpg

ecy3rdbwjh2lhwp511iy.jpg

For those who have no idea what this game is, here's a good Jackfrags video explaining the game and its significance to gaming:

This game had it all:
  • Battlefield conquest
  • Fun, third person gameplay
  • Engaging vehicle combat (both ground and air)
  • Crazy abilities
  • Wacky cosmetics (skins and emotes)
  • Territory-based metagame
Looking back, Battlefield Heroes truly was a precursor of games to come, perhaps most notably, Fortnite. BFH was an incredible, fun game that I sunk so many hours into. RIP Battlefield Heroes. You'll always be the king of F2P games in my book.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This game was the shit tbh, I remember playing this on a shitty Toshiba laptop with a trackpad circa 2010. The entire Play4Free intiative was really fucking good, Battlefield Play4Free and Need for Speed: World were actual good games.

Best maps, don't @ me

latest

latest

The game had a really nice cartoony aesthetic going on, character designs were distinctive and memorable despite being somewhat generic

battlefield-heroes-soldier-cartoon-army-mercenary-soldier.jpg

fb12bbcb1934816c4295aee7273e3b32.jpg

36e2857d9cdab28f691c35d2c627ee20.jpg

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly in a time where Fortnite is booming BFH could do very good now.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's ultra tiny FOV made it hard to play, but it's insane how forward thinking this game was (and how dated DICE's current games are). Launched a decade too early.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to like this game more than I did. I like that you can ride planes in Fortnite like you could in Battlefield Heroes.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Oh, this brings memories. We're super busy with stuff right now, but I personally would love to revisit this in the future. :)