• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Freshly baked, straight from the oven. This came out recently.

american-pie-presents-girls-rules-dvd.jpg

Lol...they are still making those? Haven't seen that on yet..

I did watch these pieces of shit though:

image_13380514.jpeg

MV5BNTNlMTk4YjEtMWY1ZC00ODkzLWEzM2UtZmFiYjUwYTRhOWZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_UY1200_CR135,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

MV5BMmM4NWY0M2YtZDdhYy00ZmRlLTliMGYtYThmNjQ3NWEyOGU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg

MV5BZTZiOTQ2MGUtMDk3Mi00NmUzLWJmMGYtZmE1MzFiNDU4NjM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_.jpg

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
lol Eugene Levy's face in every single one of those sequels is basically saying "yea I know, but can you blame me? Now pay me, I got kids to put through college".

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
lol Eugene Levy's face in every single one of those sequels is basically saying "yea I know, but can you blame me? Now pay me, I got kids to put through college".

I don't understand how he's in all these movies. How does he fit in? It doesn't seem like Jason Biggs is in most of em, so why is Jim's dad always hanging with horny teenagers?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Video games that act as a sequel to the movie:
The Thing which came out on PS2. Pretty decent game.
ziIDoBg.jpg

Telltale's BttF sets after III, but it really just a rehash of the first movie formula except now it's focused on Doc's younger self.
HWWE8DF.jpg

Evil Dead games continuity is as messy as the whole franchise.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Did know there a pseudo sequel to The Exorcist
called The Ninth Configuration?
220px-The_Ninth_Configuration_original_poster.png
Yeah, I was going to post this, only found out about it this week and I want to watch it.
For people who don't know about it, the movie is about Billy Cutsaw, the astronaut Reagan tells is going to die in space at the dinner party.
Due to his encounter with Reagan, he has a mental breakdown during the space launch and is sent to an asylum for veteran soldiers.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
Rasen_Ring_The_Spiral-673729525-large.jpg
ring-2-movie-poster-1999-1020515329.jpg

lf

There being a Ring 2 is no surprise, but there were three different films that each served as a separate sequal to the first one, each with completely different plots.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
This was going to be my vote, Highlander getting a sequel somehow wasn't farfetched but that the franchise could survive after Highlander 2 on the other hand was unexpected. So Highlander 2 getting a sequel was shocking to me.

My contribution not posted yet:
Cruel Intentions 2, I know it wasn't going to be Cruel Intentions 2 but it is!
MV5BMTc2MjUyNDc4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTA1ODQ5._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
this thread is giving me a good laugh. i had heard about some of these sequels but there's a lot that i never knew existed until now. i even saw some of the ones i knew about since i was curious about what happens in them.

one thing i wonder. how come this doesn't happen to other more known IPs? is it because the originals to these movies end up as not very valuable IPs in the long run and D-tier filmmakers can snatch them up easily?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The real question is - is any of these a diamond in the rough. Any of these kinda watchable or even good?

I want some of them to be good, but I suspect they are all very terrible.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still a little shocked that Trainspotting got a sequel, of all movies. Apparently pretty decent too.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was going to be my vote, Highlander getting a sequel somehow wasn't farfetched but that the franchise could survive after Highlander 2 on the other hand was unexpected. So Highlander 2 getting a sequel was shocking to me.
Highlander 2 never got a sequel, though. Pretty much every piece of Highlander media ignores every other piece of Highlander media except maybe the first movie and/or the live action TV show.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Jarhead had like 3 direct to dvd super gung-ho military action sequels.
I keep telling people about this movie. At least you know Wrong Turn was a schlock horror movie that allows for some fun horror stuff (see Dead Meat's YouTube death counts for the series, it's pretty fun to watch). How did someone go "yeah let's grab the name of this war drama to make sequels with military non-stop action y'all".

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
My contribution not posted yet:
Cruel Intentions 2, I know it wasn't going to be Cruel Intentions 2 but it is!
MV5BMTc2MjUyNDc4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTA1ODQ5._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I remember randomly coming across this not knowing it existed then being even more surprised that Amy Adams was in it lol.

honestly a lot of these shitty sequels are guilty pleasures of mine. The sequels to Carrie and American Psycho in particular. I also didn't know Rosemary's Baby had a sequel so I'm definitely watching that.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Last two Universal Soldier films are actually good.

I think I've seen both of them. They're alright.

No idea if that was mentioned yet, but Undisputed with Wesley Snipes in the first movie only got good with the second one that featured Michael J White and Scott Adkins. There are 4 now.

Edit: Got mentioned already

Undisputed, a movie starring Ving Rhames and Wesley Snipes about a pro boxer ending up in prison and taking on the local champ, got three sequels.
91B7DZkmksL._SL1500_.jpg

71zd0HVSU2L._SL1200_.jpg
81dDcDDwpuL._SL1181_.jpg

I never saw Boyka: Undisputed, but 2 and 3 are fantastic.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Some great examples in here! I was surprised when I realized that two Denys Arcand movies with 17 years in between them were actually part of the same franchise:

The Decline of the American Empire (Le Déclin de l'empire Américain, 1986)
aa6a041040a053c9ddb48yhjtv.jpg

Subbed Trailer

The Barbarian Invasions (Les Invasions barbares, 2003)
511mrl7zfnl._ac_gtj7c.jpg

French Language Trailer | English Language Trailer

They're ensemble films, and the whole cast returns. It's actually told as a reunion, when one of the main characters gets sick with cancer, and it's pretty amazing to see all the actors reprising their roles. Barbarian Invasions also won the oscar for best foreign language picture in 2004 and swept some awards in Cannes. Pretty rare that sequels manage that. It's also not necessary to watch the first in order to enjoy the second, but it even adds to the movie. The english language trailer is pretty bad (mostly because of the narrator), but the film itself is really fantastic. Both are. I wish sequels like that were more common. I can only think of the Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight, where it's obvious because of the titles. Other examples?