• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Probably my favourite film of the 21st century, period. An absolute classic and flawless in nearly every way.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Might be a good reason to finally watch my criterion copy I bought last year.

Still waiting for a reasonably priced region A Blu-ray of 2046.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Watched this for the first time on April 8, and was mesmerised by it. I thought I had rewinded the movie during my watch and was left confused. Dinner scene was fabulous. Masterpiece. Proceeded to watch the whole trilogy.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
You do not know how powerful an experience it was watching this my freshman year of college when I had the emotional depth of a puddle. My body hurt afterwards, knowing I'd been thrown into something far more adult and mournful than I could contextualize. I am gonna have to watch this again ASAP.

(Also this movie is a reminder that some of the sexiest movies are the ones where people aren't having sex! The movie drips with desire and tension.)

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I need to see this again. First time I watched it it didn't do much for me. I really liked Chungking Express though.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
This movie and its ending get to me every single time. I wish more film makers would embrace the fact that romance isn't always about two people being happy in the end. Sometimes the truest unspoken love is best left unspoken.

I think that's something that this and Portrait of a Lady on Fire both do very very well.

Have both this and Chungking Express on Blu Ray and eagerly awaiting a Region A 2046 blu ray as well.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Chungking Express is one of my favorite movies of all time but still I've never seen this one. Need to block out some time for it soon

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched this for the first (and second) time during the stay at home mess and it is a wonderful movie

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Kar Wai Wong is out of control. I watched all his Criterion stuff a couple weeks ago and this was the first film of his I watched. Easy to see why he's been so influential, the vibe he captures is so fucking potent.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Soon to be a tetralogy! Filming of his next film, Blossoms, is currently set to begin in July.
Yes, I'm excited for it.

This movie and its ending get to me every single time. I wish more film makers would embrace the fact that romance isn't always about two people being happy in the end. Sometimes the truest love is best left unspoken.
This, I loved how it ended and generally tackled the whole theme.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you're gonna steal, steal from the best.

Does anyone know which version of The Grandmaster I should seek out? My WKW watch is woefully incomplete
The original "Chinese cut" is probably the best one, but I don't think any of them are great. Not wkw's best work.

In the Mood for Love changed my life.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to watching this a few months back after meaning to watch it for years and years. I was just floored, one of the best films that I've ever watched.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
The original "Chinese cut" is probably the best one, but I don't think any of them are great. Not wkw's best work.

In the Mood for Love changed my life.

I'm absolutely prepared for a lesser entry in his catalog, just know I'm not gonna be able to resist that conglomeration of talent for long.

Also this thread has guaranteed I'm going to be in my feelings all day thinking about this movie.

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
Love Chunking Express. Fell asleep each time I've tried to watch this (3x). Wish I had the attention span for it

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if people are aware and its slightly off topic but the upcoming game Ghost of Tsushima is being composed by Shigeru Umebayashi. What little we've heard of the score so far has been fantastic and its one of the big reasons I'm personally looking forward to the game.