• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The superior musical finally getting the attention it deserves. Yes, I said it, In the Heights >> Hamilton.
You folks are NOT READY for this.
You have my sword brother, saw the original with LMM as part of a school function back in the day and it wrecked me. Hamilton (which is still amazing) plays second fiddle to the GOAT that is In the Heights.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
As someone who grew up and currently lives in the actual Heights, I recognized a bunch of locations including J Hood Wright Park. I was going to apply as a non-union extra but got lazy. Over the summer, I saw a bunch of extras dressed in bathing suits and inner tubes go to United Palace.

They shot the pool scene in the trailer at night at the Highbridge Recreational Center but obviously it was green-screened to daylight. Maybe I'll see it in theatres.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Stephanie Beatriz as Carla is hilarious. I would never have expected them to cast her in this, much less in that part specifically but I need to see it now.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Hamilton next you cowards. I want the Battle of Yorktown and The World Turned Upside Down

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The filmed Broadway musical with the original Broadway cast will be in theaters next year by Disney.

I want SPECTACLE! I want Busby Barkley and the scale and immersion from the In the Heights trailer. I'd also accept Spielberg if West Side Story ends up good!

youtu.be

Anything Goes: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Intro HD

The opening number from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Blu-Ray.Directed by Steven SpielbergNo copyright infringement intended.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want SPECTACLE! I want Busby Barkley and the scale and immersion from the In the Heights trailer. I'd also accept Spielberg if West Side Story ends up good!
It will be at least a decade, if not longer, before we ever get a film adaptation of Hamilton. The musical is way too much of a money maker for producers to be convinced to make one now and will wait when interest and ticket sales have waned before trying to renew interest with a big budget film.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be at least a decade, if not longer, before we ever get a film adaptation of Hamilton. The musical is way too much of a money maker for producers to be convinced to make one now and will wait when interest and ticket sales have waned before trying to renew interest with a big budget film.

the deal is supposedly already signed- he got 70+ million for the stage musical- which will be a tough sell for theater audiences who don't already know the musical- that amount is designed to incorporate lost box office sales for the stage play- but a proper movie is an entirely different prospect- it's likely that they'll announce it shortly after milking the stage movie. Possibly earlier of In the Heights performs.

they have to use the different formats to build hype for the grand spectacle. I bet we have it by 2023. And while the music is still fresh.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the deal is supposedly already signed- he got 70+ million for the stage musical- which will be a tough sell for theater audiences who don't already know the musical- that amount is designed to incorporate lost box office sales for the stage play- but a proper movie is an entirely different prospect- it's likely that they'll announce it shortly after milking the stage movie. Possibly earlier of In the Heights performs.

they have to use the different formats to build hype for the grand spectacle. I bet we have it by 2023. And while the music is still fresh.
LOL No.

I wish I was wrong and you were right, but history is on my side. The music will always be fresh and the musical will remain evergreen due to it being American History, critical acclaim, diverse casting, and unique use of American musical genres of Hip Hop and R&B.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL No.

I wish I was wrong and you were right, but history is on my side. The music will always be fresh and the musical will remain evergreen due to it being American History, critical acclaim, diverse casting, and unique use of American musical genres of Hip Hop and R&B.

a wager, good sir! I bet you a year of wearing aKing George avatar. Check back in summer 2022.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the trailer for this before Jumanji. I probably wont see it in theaters since I'm not crazy about musicals, but I thought it looked like a ton of fun.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Looks so good. I was a theater nerd in high school when it came out and I used to listen to it a ton, never got a chance to see it so really excited for this.