• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You poor slobs that don't know about comics Helmut Zemo and his father(Baron Zemo) both share a amusing trait. They both fucked around with a indestructible glue
4-3-scaled.jpeg

img_0476.jpg

8ec63ba433f66462af820f844b6569cb--evil-villains-marvel-villains.jpg

Mandos ?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is kind of funny after the whole gorilla glue incident. Fortunately much better outcome in real life.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
he went from wanting taking solace in revenge against the people that failed him to wearing a weird purple mask. #comics

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean, we've seen normal people use gorilla glue as a hair product... except Zemo is competent. Most likely it's a condition of his release to be used by the US government and it has a device that harms him if he removes it

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we've seen normal people use gorilla glue as a hair product... except Zemo is competent. Most likely it's a condition of his release to be used by the US government and it has a device that harms him if he removes it
I spoke
white vision
into being. I will speak this and Citizen V into being

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know MCU Zemo isn't a faithful adaptation but I quite enjoyed him, this normal dude making the Avengers destroy themselves for killing his family.

So he's wearing the purple mask now?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I know MCU Zemo isn't a faithful adaptation but I quite enjoyed him, this normal dude making the Avengers destroy themselves for killing his family.

So he's wearing the purple mask now?
It's a baclava basically which is pretty normal spec ops gear. Since he's a known figure now him hiding his identity, especially if he's working for someone makes sense

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
in FATWS Zemo wears a purple mask to symbolize Thanos in his opposition to superheroes.

I'm calling it.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ah, adhesive X. The funniest part is how the Avenger found a solvent to dissolve it in their first encounter, and didn't share with Zemo. Fuck that guy, the movie version is so much better.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not, if only because they probably Bruhl's too good-looking of a dude for them to fuck his face up like that.

Gonna be interesting how they pivot him to Citizen V when they're gearing him having a major hate-Bohner over "the supers".

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zemo going back to being a fucking Nazi is the most annoying shit about comics.

Dude used time travel to give Cap his old photos back that he destroyed.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is top tier petty

Specifically Cap had a bunch of memorabilia from before being frozen and Zemo destroyed them in Avengers Under Siege (I think?) and later in Thunderbolts' Civil War arc Zemo used time travel to grab them and give them back to Cap, because he wanted to prove he had changed.

Thunderbolts is a comic about falling into heroism and Brubaker crapped all over that.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Guy needs some sort of character development/comeuppance.

He's literally a supersmart guy with a tragic backstory that's walking around scott-free after splitting up the Avengers. He indirectly caused Thanos.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Specifically Cap had a bunch of memorabilia from before being frozen and Zemo destroyed them in Avengers Under Siege (I think?) and later in Thunderbolts' Civil War arc Zemo used time travel to grab them and give them back to Cap, because he wanted to prove he had changed.

Thunderbolts is a comic about falling into heroism and Brubaker crapped all over that.
Not enough people respect the Thunderbolts run, it was amazing. I was shocked when they managed to recapture a little of the magic with this lineup
Thunderbolts_163.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough people respect the Thunderbolts run, it was amazing. I was shocked when they managed to recapture a little of the magic with this lineup
Thunderbolts_163.jpg

Thunderbolts was a pretty good time until the end of Jeff Parker's run and the subsequent relaunch. Other than those six issues of supervillain fight club it just changed hands from one good writer to the next and they all brought some kind of interesting idea to the forefront.

Jim Zub brought the classic team back lead by Winter Soldier but it had that godawful Jon Malin art, dude makes Rob Liefeld look dignified.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolts was a pretty good time until the end of Jeff Parker's run and the subsequent relaunch. Other than those six issues of supervillain fight club it just changed hands from one good writer to the next and they all brought some kind of interesting idea to the forefront.

Jim Zub brought the classic team back lead by Winter Soldier but it had that godawful Jon Malin art, dude makes Rob Liefeld look dignified.
I loved it from day one because Nicenza and Buisek love using the "scraps" of comics and fleshing them out. You know that my jam.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
"T'Challa was one of the good ones."

It wouldn't shock me if Zemo is a diet racist.
I don't think this version of Zemo is anything like that...

They were clearly going for a more sympathetic villain, and whilst the "dead family" trope is a little done, I think they'll move forward with an antihero in mind.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They're not gonna fry Daniel Bruhl's face if that's what you mean, nor should they frankly, the character they made in Civil War is fine just wearing a mask and being able to take it off. Save the wrecked face and always-on mask for Doom.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I'd be surprised if Bruhl would be up that after playing Niki Lauda.
i mean its not like the actor got the scars,dont think he will have a problem with that,MCUs version of Zemo is way different from the comics it could be another character,literally the only 2 things they have in common is the name and the mask lol

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I enjoy that the mask he wasn't wearing when he fell into the vat of chemicals had an exposed mouth and wouldn't have protected him anyway.