• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not arguing about anything.
Blood, you don't seem to understand the american justice system, it's cool, not a lot of people do.

There's such a thing as double jeopardy and a statute of limitations. Robert cannot be charged twice for the same crime without substantive new evidence to be entered into discovery that warrants another trial. Video evidence was not enough, there is nothing else going to come up for evidence, even if there was, the statute for the charge has long since expired.

Now please stop bad faith posting over a pedophile, it's quite gross and if that's how you get your jollies than I suggest you get help if "triggering the cucks over R. Kelly at 2AM" is where you get your funsies.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Then someone should use that evidence to put him in jail.
RlOjTdb.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Desert Land
Blood, you don't seem to understand the american justice system, it's cool, not a lot of people do.

There's such a thing as double jeopardy and a statute of limitations. Robert cannot be charged twice for the same crime without substantive new evidence to be entered into discovery that warrants another trial. Video evidence was not enough, there is nothing else going to come up for evidence, even if there was, the statute for the charge has long since expired.

Now please stop bad faith posting over a pedophile, it's quite gross and if that's how you get your jollies than I suggest you get help if "triggering the cucks over R. Kelly at 2AM" is where you get your funsies.
Pedophiles belong in jail and the statute of limitations is no where near over.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mans is adamant about defending R. Kelly I see.
This is tame compared to some of the fuckery I've seen on a few other sites tbh. Lots of "I don't fucking care, women are always trying to get attention/I still bump his music/there's so many pedos out there you're just being a hypocrite if you only stop listening to him" etc etc.

People are fucked man.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If that is what it shows then why is he not in jail?
I am not saying the tape doesn't exist, if he is guilty then fuck him, I've said from the beginning that I was in two minds about this.
Wow that's all I've got to say, I knew as soon as I questioned these hard facts people would paint me as an apologist.

Seeing as none of you want to actually read here it is again in bold maybe this time you'll pay attention.

If he is guilty then fuck him!!!
You are just choosing what you read now aren't you.

???

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to know why R Kelly isn't in jail then watch the episode of the Boondocks that was about his trial.
Basically everyone said "Cause he good"
-_-

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like this isn't even Bill Cosby, who despite being a slime on the boot of humanity actually you know, did an immeasurable amount of work for young black men and helped uplift people through his charity (which he also used to attack women I am not forgetting that) and improve the lives of black men. Who was considered a voice for the black community of compassion and character and justice (which was all a lie so he could prey on women).

This is the dude that wrote "I wanna stick my key in your ignition".

Come on. Be better.

Oct 26, 2017
Desert Land
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling and Thread Derailment, Account in Junior Phase
I am not defending R.Kelly I dont understand why the case can't be reopened. I am not defending a pedophiles . I am just challenging stuff that should be challenged.

What you guys are accusing me of is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Being found "not guilty" doesn't necessarily means someone is innocent. When it comes to the trials of R Kelly and OJ, it just meant prosecutors failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they did what they were being accused of. They can't be tried again for the same crime.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not defending R.Kelly I dont understand why the case can't be reopened. I am not defending a pedophiles . I am just challenging stuff that should be challenged.

What you guys are accusing me of is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it.
It's literally been shown to you, repeatedly, and as simply as can be broken down, why the case can't be "reopened". So, to use your refrain.

Read more, post less.

May 31, 2018
I am still watching this. Good lord. What a monster. I still don't exactly know how he got found not guilty about the tape. I mean, I understand the "system isn't perfect" argument, but good lord. There is a VIDEO of the act happening. Not a TMZ parking attendendant filmed it across the street type video. A camcorder set up right in front of them. It's some Godfather "he stabbed him 42 times in broad daylight and no one saw a thing" scenario.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am still watching this. Good lord. What a monster. I still don't exactly know how he got found not guilty about the tape. I mean, I understand the "system isn't perfect" argument, but good lord. There is a VIDEO of the act happening. Not a TMZ parking attendendant filmed it across the street type video. A camcorder set up right in front of them. It's some Godfather "he stabbed him 42 times in broad daylight and no one saw a thing" scenario.
I mean you can hear it from his brother, the hung his own blood out to dry. Robert is a deeply demented, damaged man and some of the shit said about him here is just, so many people had opportunities to stop him and nobody ever did.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I have read what you posted you were insulting and claimed I was a pedophile apologist.

Older cases then this have been reopened and a retrial has been successfull.

Jesus fucking christ. Its right there in the first paragraph of the goddamn OP you didn't read. He was tried and found not guilty. You cannot re-try a person who has been found not guilty for the same thing. Double jeopardy and statute of limitations are actual factors. You simply saying they shouldn't be doesn't make it so.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have read what you posted you were insulting and claimed I was a pedophile apologist.

Older cases then this have been reopened and a retrial has been successfull.
So you didn't read anything, gotchu. Good talk.

Gotta have some sad ass live to be defending Robert Kelly on a video game forum at 2AM. At least I'm getting some Isaac runs in while you ignore everything people say.

The concept of double jeopardy prevents the case from being reopened, the statute of limitations closed the door on this years ago. Kelly raped a child and got away with it. He still rapes children and gets away with it.
Jesus fucking christ. Its right there in the first paragraph of the goddamn OP you didn't read. He was tried and found not guilty. You cannot re-try a person who has been found not guilty for the same thing. Double jeopardy and statute of limitations are actual factors. You simply saying they shouldn't be doesn't make it so.
I oft wonder what drives internet trolls to do dumb crap.

But to stan for a pedophile to "trigger" people? To stan for a BLACK pedo to do it?

The internet is a strange place sometimes.

Dec 9, 2017
It's a quite a few people who knew this dude was a freak who turned a blind eye because he was the cash cow in this documentary. A whole lot of "I knew something was off/wrong but..." going on.

Oct 26, 2017
Despite the cries of campaigns like #MuteRKelly, which urge his fans to stop listening to his music and to stop attending his concerts, many choose to blame Kelly's accusers or simply separate the art from the artist; apparently it's just too hard to box away the early-aughts nostalgia that comes with "Ignition (Remix)." But if one thing is clear from Lifetime's new three-part documentary series Surviving R. Kelly, Kelly's artistry, however brilliant and celebrated, enabled his alleged abuse. You can recognize, as the music industry has done for years, that Kelly is a "King of R&B," but in doing so endorse a kingdom built on the backs of assaulted, and long unbelieved, black girls.

Didn't the last time an R. Kelly story / boycott come out his streams went up by like 80%?

No pun intended.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite the cries of campaigns like #MuteRKelly, which urge his fans to stop listening to his music and to stop attending his concerts, many choose to blame Kelly's accusers or simply separate the art from the artist; apparently it's just too hard to box away the early-aughts nostalgia that comes with "Ignition (Remix)." But if one thing is clear from Lifetime's new three-part documentary series Surviving R. Kelly, Kelly's artistry, however brilliant and celebrated, enabled his alleged abuse. You can recognize, as the music industry has done for years, that Kelly is a "King of R&B," but in doing so endorse a kingdom built on the backs of assaulted, and long unbelieved, black girls.

Didn't the last time an R. Kelly story / boycott came out his streams went up by like 80%?

No pun intended.
Yeah all his songs are charting on itunes today.

People are, what's the word...

Oh yeah, sick in the head. And our culture is doomed.

It's a quite a few people who knew this dude was a freak who turned a blind eye because he was the cash cow in this documentary. A whole lot of "I knew something was off/wrong but..." going on.
Robert is a monster, but a grown ass woman like sparkle should and did damn well know better than to do what she did. She left that poor girl to be victimized for her own career, that's some foul shit. She's coming out now, that's a step, but she'd known him for years and years, she knew who he was.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
so did anyone watch the special
My roommate was watching it and I saw parts in the background.

A lot of salacious details about the sexual, physical and mental abuse from his victims and ex-dancers.
Interviews with his family including a couple of his brothers. One of whom, wearing a prison uniform, said of his brother (paraphrasing) "Younger girls are his preference. We all have different preferences. I like older women. What's wrong with that?"

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Aaliyah's mom seems to be in a deep, deep state of denial about all of this smh. Saying she was "always there" with her daughter. HOW when she got a whole damn marriage certificate and was on tour with Robert constantly?

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I thought all this time this guy was in jail!? Really he didn't get convicted??!!

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Aaliyah's mom seems to be in a deep, deep state of denial about all of this smh. Saying she was "always there" with her daughter. HOW when she got a whole damn marriage certificate and was on tour with Robert constantly?

She's free to stay there too. But she knows her part in this mess better than anyone else and it will eat at her until she comes to terms with it or she leaves this life.

C-revo

Oct 25, 2017
As much as people don't want to hear this, the people railing against him are not his target audience. So all the campaigns to end him really aren't going to work. As long as the chitlin circut exist he has an audience and platform.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad this is getting more airtime. I stopped fucking with r.kelly's music back in like 2004 or something (I knew about the Aaliyah thing as a teen).

The boondocks episode about him is why hes's still a free man. Everybody should give it a watch.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know all the details about his pedo ass having a relationship with Aaliyah.

Man fuck him and all of the people who enabled this to happen. You fuckers let him rape god knows how many children.

Can't believe her mom. You failed to protect your daughter and now you are trying to cover it up.

The whole thing is so disgusting.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This shit been known and people like jay-z still did album with him. We knew about the Aaliyah shit since the early to mid 90's and was openly talked about on Hot 97. The only person to outright do anything was Dave Chapelle. It's like people still supporting Chris Brown after he beat the crap out of Rhianna. Or people still supporting Trump after grab them by the pussy. Celeb fans are fucking idiots. This is a society problem. Sure this special is good to ruin his career more, but the people who support him will never stop. They are already knee deep in his cult.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
**off topic: just asking questions guy got only a week?!? Ok...**

Have to watch this later... I remember all this and got upset a year back with an ex who loved his music. Would have been a simple argument if she then didn't blame the girls and worse...

Looking back, I dodged a bullet

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah all his songs are charting on itunes today.

People are, what's the word...

Oh yeah, sick in the head. And our culture is doomed.

This is silly. People stream songs when any musician is in the news for any reason, mostly in part to remind themselves who they are and what songs they know by them.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
The dude is a fucking monster. I still can't believe he got off. As others have said if video evidence doesn't do it then I don't know what would

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
I know everyone made a big deal about Spotify playlists and excluding artists.. but it's annoying seeeing R Kelly in so many throwback playlists I listen to. I never wanna listen to a R Kelly track again.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even watch it, just saw the timeline's responses and it was as wild as I figured it'd be.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone made a big deal about Spotify playlists and excluding artists.. but it's annoying seeeing R Kelly in so many throwback playlists I listen to. I never wanna listen to a R Kelly track again.
He was one of the artists people were complaining about.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Robert Kelly is a serial sexual predator and to see so many people defend him on Twitter has just been a disgusting experience. Folks talking about separate the music from the man....I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to seperate "Bump n Grind" lyrics from him trying to do that to young girls.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Robert Kelly is a serial sexual predator and to see so many people defend him on Twitter has just been a disgusting experience. Folks talking about separate the music from the man....I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to seperate "Bump n Grind" lyrics from him trying to do that to young girls.

Yep. Even Aaliyah's first album is kinda impossible to listen to thanks to him.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The custard kid...Imagine going that hard for a pedo..

Shit, I just thought about the beginning lyrics for that song. Disgusting