• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is funny you were in the black community outreach and comes out that you'rev white ass was saying the n word. Man

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
it's not bogus. if you were a racist 7 years ago, you are a racist today. that you think people change from those things is laughable

This is out of scope of this thread but this is absolutely untrue. This has nothing to do with Dubs, so let's talk about me. I don't know if it will mean anything to you, but maybe it will mean something to anyone reading.

When I was still closeted I was deeply homophobic. I made gay jokes as a way to test how people around me would react to my homoerotic tendencies. I said shameful things there is no excusing. I didn't want to talk to other queer people. I didn't want to learn anything about their lives. I was awful.

But when I grew up I fell in love with a man who helped me realize how wrong and twisted I was. He helped me open up to my own feelings and my own affections and I realized how many people I hurt — including myself. I made so many apologies. But there are some people I will never get to apologize to. When I think about this it pains me. I hope if some people I knew in high school could meet me now they would see that we both hate that person they used to know and that he doesn't exist anymore.

Now almost all of my friends are queer. I march at Pride. I study queer history. I love queer people and queer life and I love this side of myself. I help others who are questioning or unsure of their identities out of the closet in safe and secure environments. There is not a shred of homophobia left in me. I have grown. I will never make excuses for the piece of shit I was in high school, but I will defend the person I am today.

Would you still call me homophobic? Would you turn me away today? Back to where?

People absolutely can and do grow and change. They just have to want to be better. Lots of things can make you want that for yourself. It can be someone you love, like it was for me. Or it can be a friend. Or it can be a story in the news. Maybe it's a work of fiction. It can even be a post online. Lots of things are people's catalyst for self-improvement. Not everything someone has done can be forgiven, but every single person has the capacity to stop what they're doing and be better at any instant.

When people want to be better, they seek out people and places to do that. For me, in 2013, it was this community that helped me fully transform in to the new, real me. I never looked back. This is why I believe so much that a community like ours must exist. I would not be the person I am today without it. I would not be the person I am now if everyone treated me in accordance to what you're claiming here. Truthfully, I would be dead.

If you ever want to live in a better world, you have to believe the world can get better. Love each other or die drying.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
NO. BAD VOLIMAR.

You aren't tricking anyone again.

That's what I like about you Hecht. You don't take guff from anyone. I've learned my lesson. In fact I'm going to take classes to be a better person. But the classes are like $200. They're big classes.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
imho, this just plays into their whole game. this thread sets a precedent that people can retain their position in the community even with those comments. now they're going to go after others and see how the site reacts. they live and die by the rules, and you better be ready cause they will test this site's commitment to whether or not people can really change.

should have done what BDS said and told em to fuck off.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shame the shithead trolls can't learn to be better people. Not sure what they were expecting...a leaked private message from B-Dubs telling the staff about a bisexual girlfriend? Whew

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
That's what I like about you Hecht. You don't take guff from anyone. I've learned my lesson. In fact I'm going to take classes to be a better person. But the classes are like $200. They're big classes.
Oh well if you need cash to attend the classes then here you g---waitaminute

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
So you all just deleting posts that have direct links? Seen a few posts disappear pretty quick. May want to put a disclaimer up, instead of being shady.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So, not my place to forgive anybody of anything. But for whatever it's worth, Dubs has been a great dude for as long as I've known him (which is apparently longer than I remembered, lol). I'd vouch for 'im.

Oct 28, 2017
How do people know what he said? I'm not sure an apology means much when people dont know what the apology is for. The way its framed I'd think BDub ate a baby or he never returned a Danielle Steele novel to the library.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So you all just deleting posts that have direct links? Seen a few posts disappear pretty quick. May want to put a disclaimer up, instead of being shady.
We've removed posts made by off-site malicious trolls compromising accounts like they have been throughout the day. These posts are made in bad faith, and were not made by the account holders, so we're not interested in giving a troll a platform.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I was groomed and indoctrinated by an older friend when I was a teenager, given screwed up values and ideas about life, race, gender, and a myriad other things. Today, I've had had to work hard to deprogram myself from this, and myself come to identify as a non-binary trans person.

The way people talk in this thread, about how no one changes, not only makes me feel insincere about my own personal journey, it does the same for how my own identity as a human being. So I dunno, maybe think about the implications of the broad brush you're painting.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
It is funny you were in the black community outreach and comes out that you'rev white ass was saying the n word. Man
hey man it was years ago. it doesnt matter what he said. it was years ago. years. yearsssss
Would you still call me homophobic? Would you turn me away today? Back to where?
you acting homophonic cause you were in the closet is in no way shape or form equivalent to somebody being a racist lmao what? you were overcompensating for whatever demons you were dealing with at the time. your story is your personal journey accepting what you were. not sure how you think that correlates to somebody saying racist shit. do you think him loving a black person later in life would make him think different. there are racist people married to the races they hate to this very day. news flash, theyre still racist.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
If someone hacked your account would you want the fraudulent posts to stay up

Well if I'm not mistaken, in the locked "breached" thread, it was mentioned all the affected people has their passwords reset, yet we got a few threads opened by the hacker and now apparently a few posts in this thread that instantly get deleted. Not saying it isn't the hacker(s), just comes off weird in this thread of all places.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Well if I'm not mistaken, in the locked "breached" thread, it was mentioned all the affected people has their passwords reset, yet we got a few threads opened by the hacker and now apparently a few posts in this thread that instantly get deleted. Not saying it isn't the hacker(s), just comes off weird in this thread of all places.
It's essentially the same post over and over again. It's definitely that same person/group of people getting in to other accounts.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We understand the concerns about validating off-site bad actors, but we felt it was important to address this still as we ultimately want to be transparent and open with the community. At the same time, we hear the concerns about giving this too much oxygen, so we're closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.