• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
people of size is weird....but it's literal meaning, you can even call The Rock as 'people of size' since he's person (people) and he's 'bigger' in terms of size from average....so what gives?

if we are going to be scientific, why not 'people of high Adipocyte count'?

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
Ahahahaa person of size. Who makes this stuff up, I swear...

As both a person of color and a person of great size, just call me Asian and/or fat.

Not to mention I am a person of varying size, as well, since my weight pingpongs. Aaayyyy.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
That term seems like an Alt-Right joke about how SJWs have a politically correct term for everything.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
For me, overweight is good generally.
Obese has a particular meaning medically, so that's good.
Fat is not cool unless someone is referring to themselves, or if they say they're cool with it.
Person of size is dumb.
High-weight... it's just new, so I can see that eventually taking over if people like it, but it feels no different than overweight.

Jester

Banned
Jun 3, 2020
Built like a brick shithouse. There you go, that's the best descriptor.
Doesn't that imply muscle?

I think the terms fat, overweight and chubby are fine. They is what my kids call me!
Let's not get rid of the term obesity it has a meaning. People need to take weight seriously not hide it with pos terminology. The link between covid mortality and obesity is just the latest reminder.