• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
in-n-out is basically the best burger you can get for two bucks

it's no more than that and I don't need it to be

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whataburger is garbage. They have them in Arizona....blah.

In-N-Out.
I had an interview in Houston (actually League City) back in January, I flew in from West Virginia and after I got my rental car, I fought through Houston traffic to Whataburger, excited to see what the fuss was about.

...it was ok. The pre-made deli sandwich I bought from a nearby Kroger was better.

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Only time I had In-N-Out was the one on 635 in Dallas, but it was already 12 minutes old. I'd like to give them another chance.

I miss that Del Taco on Westheimer that closed down, though.

In-N-Out Burger is also coming to Katy

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
They forgot to mention the one that has already broke ground in Katy. If you're going west bound, it's on the right side of I-10 just before you reach Katy Mills Mall.

I would rather have a Whataburger anyway and this is coming from someone born in LA.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Pretty much every Californian I've talked to who has tried the In-N-Outs in the Dallas area has said they are not nearly as good as the ones in Cali.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They forgot to mention the one that has already broke ground in Katy. If you're going west bound, it's on the right side of I-10 just before you reach Katy Mills Mall.

I would rather have a Whataburger anyway and this is coming from someone born in LA.
Thanks for letting me know.

Jack Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Tried In-N-Out on my trip to LA last month. The fries were godawful. Say what you want about McDonald's but they're still my favorite burger joint.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why am I gonna drive to Stafford when I can get Patty Melts at 3:19 AM, 2 minutes away.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Culvers >> Five Guys >> Freddy's >> In-N-Out >> Whattaburger (except for Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit which is GOAT)

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
where they gonna build it at Willowbrook anyway? if it's from nothing where the hell is the space b/c they sure ain't going to put it on the other side of the railroad. if it's taking over a building maybe in those spaces where the sub-station use to be?
'
also eating a burger at Whattaburger lulz

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If you've got a Five Guys near you, you've got a better burger already. In-N-Out is pretty alright, but do not buy the hype folks.

Five Guys in Vancouver is actually awful. They don't serve milkshakes and the burgers are worse than just about anything else here.

I'd take an In-N-Out instead in a heartbeat.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when Carl's Jr came to Houston. It was packed the first 2-3 weeks then tapered off to a normal volume of business. I expect In-N-Out o fare similarly.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Now Houston can be underwhelmed by In n Out just like the rest of us on the west coast.
Based on my time at the Dallas location, the only things that underwhelmed me were the lack of bacon as an option & the fries not being as crispy as I'd like. Otherwise, the burgers were pretty good (considering that I ordered 3 of them in one sitting).

Though out of curiosity, is it possible to order the fries well-done?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They're slowly moving east. If only they would franchise we could have them in all fifty states. Although I gotta say In-N-Out is MASSIVELY overrated. It used to be that any time I was out west I'd have to stop at one, but I realized it's not that good so why waste my time. Much better options out there.

Nov 23, 2017
I've had Five Guys and In-N-Out and I can say that Five Guys tastes better but In-N-Out has much better pricing. Plus with INO, they have those yellow chili peppers which are absolutely phenomenal and I put them on everything.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Fresh ingredients and low prices can never compete with the chemicals they put in other burgers. Plus, the internet tends to make people hate the things other people like.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
In N Out is so built up in people's heads that you end up people inflating their expectations and end up disappointed. What In n Out is is a very good, well made, consistent fast food hamburger. It's peers in its price/service range are shit like McDonalds or Jack in the Box. It's not a life changing experience. It's not as fancy or impressive as gourmet restaurant burgers or burgers from places like Five Guys that cost twice as much and take twice as long to get (though I'd still probably take In N Out over most of those).

Like a lot of cultural and regional foods (philly cheesesteaks, Chicago/NY pizza, cookout) it's sort of taken a life of its own and created a level of expectations that are probably impossible to actually live up to. Every place has their own In N Out.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
I can't believe how passionate people get about fast food burgers. If price and name brand had nothing to do with it, you'd see a totally different ranking system in public forums. They're mostly all very different, so comparing them is just a pissing contest for your own amusement.