• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
So my wife and I moved to LA like 3 years ago. She still has an Oregon ID because it hasn't expired. We had been talking about getting her a new annual pass for Universal for a few weeks since I finally got vaccinated and my pass was still good. On the website they make it very clear that an out of state visitor cannot buy an annual pass, and must show proof of vaccination to get in for day passes.

When it comes time to get her pass we go completely overkill because we assume they're not gonna like that her ID is out of state. We bring her ID, her vaccination card, a piece of mail addressed to her, a paystub, and even her work ID badge because her hospital is like 2 miles from Universal, and that's where they send people who have emergencies in the park.

They didn't check her ID or anything else to buy an annual pass. They didn't check our IDs to come in, and they obviously didn't check her vaccination card because they don't care that she's out of state. We went back 2 days ago and same thing. She had her pass the second time so it's not shocking that they don't check at that point but it's still a little weird.

In the grand scheme of things this probably isn't a huge deal, I was just kinda surprised by it. But what is the point of the "safety measures" if the only true deterrent is the words on the website. When we went two days ago they actually weren't even checking peoples temperature, I'm guessing because the lines to get in were already long lmao.

So on a busy day, you could go to Universal with no ID, no proof of vaccination, and currently sick from Covid. Yay America?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
It's all about PR. Just like how grocery stores were "requiring" customers to wear masks, but weren't allowed to call anyone out if they weren't wearing one.
Same with theatres now. You don't have to wear a mask if you're "fully vaccinated" but we won't make you prove it. They want the public appearance that they are doing something, but they don't really want to do anything.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Yeah I believe it. Too many people, even workers and employees, don't give a shit enough. And don't get paid enough to deal with confrontations that might arise. Plus the rules will keep getting more lax as time goes on.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Going to be in LA in June. Is it even with going peroid? I went to Florida Universal for a day with the family and it was nice/fun. Probably could have done 2 days honestly.

PetaBread

Apr 22, 2019
Went to Disneyland this week and I saw a bunch of out of state plates in the parking lot. I'm not sure how they are checking for out of state visitors

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The vaccine cards have an entire blackmarket dedicated to fraudulent cards. At this point all we can do is hope people are honest and be prepared for the worst.

On top of it employees aren't going to risk their job trying to deal with an asshole who isnt going to comply at this point

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
about to fully open the floodgates in 2 weeks in CA, i doubt anyone gives two shits anymore sadly

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Get vaccinated and live life.

I did. Thank you Moderna!

edit: focused on California/US based posters complaining. Incredibly sympathetic for those outside the USA that cannot get access to these amazing and virtually 100% effective vaccines.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cheesebu

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Yeah I believe it. Too many people, even workers and employees, don't give a shit enough. And don't get paid enough to deal with confrontations that might arise. Plus the rules will keep getting more lax as time goes on.
Yea they are lax af already. They have clear markers for distancing in each line, and nobody gives a shit. I give the group in front of me 6 feet, but then I have to ask the group behind me for space or just give them the stink eye.

And then the line zig zags right next to itself so you're 2 feet from people on either side anyway.
Going to be in LA in June. Is it even with going peroid? I went to Florida Universal for a day with the family and it was nice/fun. Probably could have done 2 days honestly.
I think it's a fun one day park, but it's tiny compared to FL. I think it's worth it depending on what you did in FL, because it looks like they have nearly every ride that Hollywood has.

I don't know what Florida's studio tour is like, but I really love it at USH. They have some awesome sets that you've probably seen in something or other. Key and Peele shot a ton of stuff there, including on the War of the Worlds set and the Jaws lake. Up until last year you could still see the major hub of "The Good Place" 😢
The mask mandate is over dude. It's impossible to enforce it selectively. No one is even going to try.
This has nothing to do with the mask mandate lol, neither the title or OP references it.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
At this point no one really cares about rules. Once CA officially opens it's done for businesses caring.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Busch Gardens says you need to reserve your visit the day before but they were not checking for reservations at the door.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
I was at Universal last Friday.

Everyone was wearing a mask at the very least.

OP
OP
Cheesebu

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I was at Universal last Friday.

Everyone was wearing a mask at the very least.
Yea they are pretty serious about masks still at least. They stopped our studio tour because a guy kept taking his off, and I've seen them remind people who had it under their nose many times.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Too many people, even workers and employees, don't give a shit enough.
It has nothing to do with workers not giving a shit and everything to do with corporations wanting it both ways.

Publicly: "Why yes, of course masks are required in our stores."

Privately, to employees: "You are absolutely not allowed to confront anyone who enters without a mask, and if you do so we may terminate you."

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Its all PR bullshit. Welcome to California. We sue the shit out of everyone so rules like this are a nightmare to enforce.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
ClearcutTangibleGrub-size_restricted.gif

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
It's a nightmare to enforce all those rules so I'm not surprised that they don't care. Just get the vaccine and protect yourself.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
It's all about PR. Just like how grocery stores were "requiring" customers to wear masks, but weren't allowed to call anyone out if they weren't wearing one.
Same with theatres now. You don't have to wear a mask if you're "fully vaccinated" but we won't make you prove it. They want the public appearance that they are doing something, but they don't really want to do anything.

Grocery stores couldn't do anything because the few that did had employees attacked and murdered by crazy alt right assholes so most gave up and just put up signs and hoped for the best :( Only way to really enforce a mask requirement in the US is to have armed security at every business because half our countrymen are crazy. With that said it would be a lot easier for parks like Universal and Disney to deny entry at the very least.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Just get the vaccine and protect yourself these places are never going to enforce the rules anyways. The ones in danger are those that are lying.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
It has nothing to do with workers not giving a shit and everything to do with corporations wanting it both ways.

Publicly: "Why yes, of course masks are required in our stores."

Privately, to employees: "You are absolutely not allowed to confront anyone who enters without a mask, and if you do so we may terminate you."

True def this too.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
When I see things like this at this point, the sort of thing where my initial reaction is to shiver and think the worst, I take a breath and think about it a little and when I do that, I actually feel even better about things.

Like, seeing how lax people are being at this point, and knowing that despite that this is dropping off a cliff here in the US, makes me feel confident that we're through the worst. Like, if things aren't going up with all of this *waves hands in the air in all directions* we're pretty much good.