• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
https://fox4kc.com/news/im-under-he...s-bedroom-after-drunk-driver-plows-into-home/ (Includes autoplay)

5ed003c18bbcf.image.jpg

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A nine-year-old boy was trapped under a Jeep in his own bedroom after who police say was a drunk driver plowed into his home.

It happened at 2 a.m. Tuesday at South 52nd and Hagemann streets. It took the KCK Fire Rescue Squad over an hour to free the child.

"At first I was just screaming cuss words at him. I'm like, 'What the flip dude? I'm under here!'" Jamison Langley said.

One moment, he was up late watching YouTube and the next moment, Jamison was pinned underneath the Jeep.

Unable to move and having trouble breathing, Jamison said he was thinking of his Guardian Angel.

"My dad passed away in January so, and I hoped that didn't happen to me and if that did, at least I would be with him," the 9-year-old thought.

The boy asked his dad for help.

"'Get me out of here,' mainly. Just that and, 'Dad, I'm scared,' quite a lot,'" he recalled.

A paramedic named Chris stepped in for Jamison's dad, keeping the boy calm, reassuring him everything would be OK.

"He was talking to me and making sure I could feel everything," Jamison said. "He had asked me some stupid, easy questions like who is the president and all that kind of stuff."

Jamison has a message for the driver in his mid-40's, who police say was drunk and driving so fast that the family's doorbell camera didn't pick him up until he hit the house.

"He trapped me under his Jeep for over an hour in my bedroom, and everything in there is destroyed," Jamison said. "Thanks to you my bunk bed is destroyed, my dresser is destroyed, my room is destroyed. If you are seeing this, this is all your fault."

Somehow Jamison got out of the traumatic incident with just cuts and bruises, but his stuff did not fare so well. Besides everything in his room, his bike, which had been sitting on the front lawn was also damaged.

One of the things the fourth-grader was most upset about is that his PS4 was destroyed. He was hoping to replace it with an X-Box, but insurance will only cover the PS4.

Jamison said he can live with that.

Besides that, he said he feels lucky to be alive.

If this thread is old, what the flip dude?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"He had asked me some stupid, easy questions like who is the president and all that kind of stuff."

Damn, paramedic, didn't need to kick the kid while he was down.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
You know life's fucked you pretty bad when you don't really care if you die, before puberty. That'd probably be my response if i got trapped under a jeep too. "Meh"

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds horrifying. Hopefully he's okay mentally.

One of the things the fourth-grader was most upset about is that his PS4 was destroyed. He was hoping to replace it with an X-Box, but insurance will only cover the PS4.

That's a pretty funny detail though.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
it's ok dude, you can say the f-word. you just got pinned under a truck by a drunk driver crashing into your bed.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, reading about his thoughts of dying and his dad is soul-crushing. I hope he recovers. Fuck drunk driving, there's no goddam excuse.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
The little dude finding his flute in the rubble at the end of video and randomly playing it was pretty cute.
He appears mature beyond his age, hope rest of his childhood is pleasant though.

Last edited:

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Losing your dad, going through a pandemic and having a goddam Jeep crash through your bedroom and pin you down, destroying your PS4 in the process all within 6 months.

Give this kid everything he wants.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
This is the weirdest story: drunk driver pins him, up until 2am watching YouTube, Dad died in January, PRIZED RECORDER?!

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every kid does and that might have likely saved his life.

Plus due to covid his school has been out for months AND he lost his dad recently. I've had my sleep schedule slip for way less when I was his age.

Super weird of that poster to switch into backseat parenting mode in a thread like this.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Man that's a powerful quote.
That kid's gonna have the wisdom and experience of a forty year old at twenty. Tragic that he's so acutely aware of how unfair life is this early. He's only a year older than my daughter......goddamn I couldn't imagine her speaking like this or thinking like this.

Nov 21, 2017
Drunk driving is more prominent then I thought in this country. If only the states make it stricter for DUI violators. I don't care. If it's your first time, but you should be in jail for at least five years or a decade.

Oct 27, 2017
This is the weirdest story: drunk driver pins him, up until 2am watching YouTube, Dad died in January, PRIZED RECORDER?!
Like all kids stay up late watching Youtube/Twitch or whatever, they all have mobile devices these days.

My little brother was like this kids age when he found that even if my parents turn off the wifi, he can still log on using Xfinity hotspots lol. It's a problem but nothing about it is abnormal these days.