• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 31, 2017
In the title, I'm here until 9 PM so a fairly limited time, but I wanna make the best of it! What should I do, other than check out the Cathedral. The German Roman museum seemed cool too.

I also want to try out Kölsch.

Anything free is appreciated, happy to just walk around but don't know where exactly.

Danke.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also the EL-DE Haus, the former headquarters of the Gestapo, is worth the 4.50 entry fee.

cdr Jameson

Oct 27, 2017
Ludwig museum if you are into contemporary art.

a-Musik is a very very good record shop.

Belgischise Viertel is a nice neigbourhood with bars and restaurants.

OP
OP
Huncho_Houdini
Dec 31, 2017
Bro we out here

SN98tBn_d.jpg

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I know you said you're down for walking, but seriously grab an electric scooter and follow the river up and down. They're not that expensive. Also chocolate museum.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Run away from Köln once you've visited the Cathedral. Go to Bonn or Düsseldorf.
Only redeeming quality of Köln is Karneval.

OP
OP
Huncho_Houdini
Dec 31, 2017
Well this took a turn. Got lunch at a place and a random Colombian girl called me over to sit with her and have now been having drinks.

Quick, Era, what do I do.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The worst thing about kölsch is still that you pay like 5 bucks for a shot glass.
Everywhere else in germany you can get one liter of beer for the same money.

Other than that, too bad you don't have enough time for Phantasialand which is like 20 minutes away from Köln.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously ?
Guess I went to the wrong places then !

Still, tanenzäpfel is the best german beer.
double checked, it was actually 1.90 per, but nowhere near 5 bucks USD.

What I quickly learned also is that everything along the river was 100% a ripoff.

This place had the best fucking food:

They also had menus in english. Best vegetables and kroketten I've ever had.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No necktie. But she has been buying all the drinks. She also asked what my parents would think if I brought her home. So all in all, good day. 7% chance I get kidnapped but I'll take the risk.

Gotta thank era for sending me on this itinerary.
If you wake up in the morning with only one kidney, don't blame us.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact: With the 'Pascha', we have the largest brothel in the world ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
go to one of the beer houses and fail to figure out how to get them to stop bringing you beer for several hours

that's what we did and it was easily the best part of the whole trip

OP
OP
Huncho_Houdini
Dec 31, 2017
Alright, Kolsch is straight dangerous. So easily drinkable and so cheap. My head's spinning at the hauptbahnhof.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
actually the best beer is ayinger beers i.e doppelbock (6.7% alcohol)

but that's not really something tourists will come into contact with, well maybe if you near München but even then they drink others

i'm drinking one right now

MLuKsJG.jpg

Alright, Kolsch is straight dangerous. So easily drinkable and so cheap. My head's spinning at the hauptbahnhof.

it's a good thing it's OK to drink and/or be drunk in public unless you are causing trouble to the point someone calls the police on you lol

Last edited: