• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
jeff-goldblum-jurassic-park-ian-malcolm.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Remember folks ppl here have watched this movie for almost 3 decades n didn't catch this very obvious detail... never put too much stock in arguing about films online lol.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In Jurassic Park, when on the helicopter, Alan Grant has two female ends of a seat belt. He finds a way to tie them and make them work despite them both being female. A reference to all the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park being female but still being able to breed. Life finds a way.

4cHudIr.png

what kind of stupid ass cockamamie nonsense theory did you come up with n...

djE3vy4.gif

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Something that always bothered me was the continuity error with the plexiglass during the T-Rex attack.

The animatronic goes too far down at 3:12 and breaks off a part of the plexiglass, but at 3:20 it's back to being completely intact.

You would have thought Spielberg would have noticed that.

MAH IMMERSION!

Pico

Oct 28, 2017
Nice. Another thing I noticed/remembered last time I watched it was that the characters that went out equipped with guns died. The hunter, Samuel L Jackson. While having the opportunity to take a gun at the end, the survivors leave the guns behind (we see the guns on the ground in a close shot). I am not even talking of the cowardice of the lawyer or the hacker.

This rule does not exist in The lost world which is more of a horror movie where good characters get killed for helping others.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Something that always bothered me was the continuity error with the plexiglass during the T-Rex attack.

The animatronic goes too far down at 3:12 and breaks off a part of the plexiglass, but at 3:20 it's back to being completely intact.

You would have thought Spielberg would have noticed that.

MAH IMMERSION!

The bit that always bothered me was the drop when the car gets pushed over the wall, always thought well how did the T-Rex get up there. Yeah, could be a slope to one side I suppose but it stood out to me.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
When the banner reading WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH flutters down during the final T-Rex scene it represents the time when dinosaurs ruled the earth returning

No.

NYPEXnm.jpg

It represents Spielberg having seen the movie and knows it has a lot of tits and sex in a G rated movie. Like man grabbing screaming woman away and pulling her top of G rated.

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
I am proud to say I realized this completely on my own. I was back home after a theatrical viewing, standing there in my room, and it just hit me, haha - and I was like: "Spielberg, you mad genius you".

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No.

NYPEXnm.jpg

It represents Spielberg having seen the movie and knows it has a lot of tits and sex in a G rated movie. Like man grabbing screaming woman away and pulling her top of G rated.

When Arnold's arm shows up it represents his lack of ability to hold onto his butt because he is now dead

Also, when Ian Malcolm says "Must go faster, must go faster," this is a reference to Independence Day, where he says the same thing

John Grant was named after John Williams, who Granted his music to the movie.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So OP was skimming the trivia section for Jurassic Park at imdb.com or something like that? I feel like this little detail has been known and discussed for a long time but going by reactions in this thread I guess that tidbit of info has fallen to the wayside.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
This is Lone Pine mall all over again for me as a kid who grew up in the 80s and 90s. I need to sit down.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: in Jurassic Park, all of the dinosaurs were created using a groundbreaking mix of CGI and animatronics. This is because dinosaurs have been extinct in real life since the 1970s.