• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Your favorite Arnold movie of all time

• Conan the Barbarian (1982)

Votes: 34 3.4%
  • The Terminator (1984)

Votes: 83 8.4%
  • Commando (1985)

Votes: 39 3.9%
  • Predator (1987)

Votes: 148 14.9%
  • Total Recall (1990)

Votes: 74 7.5%
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Votes: 576 58.1%
  • Other

Votes: 38 3.8%

• Total voters

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
He's in so many classics but it's gotta be the GOAT:

KdQOEJu.gif

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I voted T2 because it's definitely his best but I have a huge soft spot for Commando. That movie is so much fun.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
T2 is the best movie he's in but it's not really because of him. Predator is also amazing but it's more of an ensemble thing. Gotta go with Commando for his starring role.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Excuse me OP, but you appear to have left one of Arnie's greatest cinematic masterpieces off of the poll.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/worth-anyway-T08JhumnpKAI8

I unironically love him in this movie. He hams it up so much and is easily the best part of the film. My actual answer to the poll would probably be Terminator 1 though. I don't think the second film quite captures the tension and suspense that the first one has.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
For me its a tie between Predator and T2.

Both of them are timeless and kind of perfect action movies.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Terminator 2.

Yeah, it's the obvious answer but also the correct one. It literally has everything and no weak aspects.

Rarely did other movies hold up so well after this many decades. It's distinctively "90s" but yet a timeless classic.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Voted Conan because i think it's underrated and secretly his best role. But yeah...in the end i guess i gotta hand it to T2

Marchbaby

Apr 13, 2022
Colorado, USA
I voted Terminator but both the original film and Terminator 2 are fantastic. It is one of the rare cases where sequels are fantastic instead of being sub par or ok at best.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Went with Predator because it is such a unique action movie. It established the lore without ever having to labor at it, and it established the perfect atmosphere out of the gate. Feel like people have been chasing its tail ever since.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
Don't forget Eraser!

As an adult you find the movie to be bad maybe, but as a kid I loved the movie and weapons lol ... but I haven't watched it since. So maybe I need a rewatch.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Let's give a quick shoutout to The Iron Mask, one of the least popular and lowest rated movies he's been in according to Letterboxd. It's not a good but entertainingly peculiar funhouse mirror version of a discount bootleg PotC filtered through a Russian Chinese lens with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan in it (IN SUPPORTING ROLES). It's underappreciated and I feel like people don't know about it, which doesn't feel right for something with Chan and Arnold in it. Before I heard of it I'd never heard of it. That needs to change.

x1080

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
We have an Arnold thread once a quarter, don't we.

I don't mind, I just feel like we've done a "which was your fav Arnold movie" at least twice this year already.

Terminator 2 is obviously the most important work in his catalog, and one of the most important movies in the history of cinema. That said, I prefer him in True Lies. He got to enjoy himself and show his range in a way that Terminator 2 and Total Recall did not. Monologues, seriousness, sexiness, and comedy were all part of his character in True Lies.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Man played in too many classics but for me it would be.

T2>predator>>>total recall

I voted T2 because it's a great movie in every single way; perhaps a rare perfect film.

However honorable mention goes to Last Action Hero for skillfully deconstructing his own career and image. And giving him some interesting character development to chew through over the course of the movie.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Unironically jingle all the way. That movie has a special place in my heart and is very nostalgic for me.

Also, I know this is semi off topic, but is Arnold legit the only tolerable republican? Some of his stances have me questioning why he even wants to associate with them still to this day

Last edited: