• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
I liked that add because he called all the arguments against him dog shit. And here I'm discovering I just liked the add because he had a dog. Stupid commercials!

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Every once in a while I'm reminded of that white couple that committed murder-suicide with their 6 adopted black children but made sure their fucking dogs were well taken care of first.
I would bet that the dogs weren't being neglected and tortured like the black children were either. And if they had been they would have gotten help unlike the black children.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes.

Black people have to prove themselves constantly. Black women can't be expressive or they are "Angry black women". Black men have for years done their best to appear as non-threatening to white people. It gets old.

It's just, it's outrageous to me that a politician can be openly racist and there are enough voters who not only bypass but actively encourage it.

When Doug Ford came to power here in Ontario I figured that he ran a campaign of Fuck You, Got Mine and that appealed to enough people to get him into office. That's bad enough because it means there are that many people here willing to leave their fellow Canadians to hang in the name of a few extra bucks, but I can process the idea of people scrambling to collect every last shred of money they can at the expense of everyone else. The idea that someone can run on a campaign of literally nothing meaningful except hatred of other people, I don't know how to process that.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dogs are the Dave Matthews band of animals for white people
giphy.gif

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I know you're joking to some extent, but I remember an old thread (either here or on GAF) where there was a significant amount of people who said they would save their dog rather than another human they didn't know. I understood that dogs are part of the family but it seemed strange to me how fervent the defense was.

It makes more (?) sense once you realize Pets are basically suggorate children for a lot of people.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
It's amazing that RADICAL FAR-LEFT ANTIVA LOVING TERRORIST <insert candidate here> works so well for propaganda.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Don't forget that Loeffler's positive ads were just as awful as the attack ads. She had ads calling herself more conservative than Attila the Hun as a positive.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

"You can't serve God and the military."
"Raphael Warnock attacks our military."

Me: There's a whole chapter where Jesus says a man cannot serve two masters.

It makes more (?) sense once you realize Pets are basically suggorate children for a lot of people.

This. Millennials in particular can't afford children and have started adopting pets instead.

It's just, it's outrageous to me that a politician can be openly racist and there are enough voters who not only bypass but actively encourage it.

When Doug Ford came to power here in Ontario I figured that he ran a campaign of Fuck You, Got Mine and that appealed to enough people to get him into office. That's bad enough because it means there are that many people here willing to leave their fellow Canadians to hang in the name of a few extra bucks, but I can process the idea of people scrambling to collect every last shred of money they can at the expense of everyone else. The idea that someone can run on a campaign of literally nothing meaningful except hatred of other people, I don't know how to process that.

This has been American philsophy since the 70's or so, when the right came up with "Welfare Queens" as an idea.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
...Is this really a constant thing to Black Americans?

Just like, the idea that a Republican can openly smear you using racist dogwhistles, treating you like some kind of animal, and enough white people will nod their heads and it's on you to prove them wrong?

Yes.

As a 30 yo black man, a solid part of my personality has been custom engineered to make me less threatening to white people.

I wish I was joking.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Loeffler v Warnock ad campaign could be a whole SNL skit about how Loeffler keeps making her opponent look awesome on tv and on the debate stage.

(Side skit could be them going on break and Warnock visiting the Perdue v Ossoff debate...)

Probably too local to Georgia though, ah well.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Well I'll be, looks like that dog trusts him. Maybe all of them aren't bad after all." - dat white subconscious

Dec 31, 2017

I mean I get it, I would be supremely sad if I ever had to make that decision, but the viciousness/quickness with how some people were able to rationalize it was astounding. I suppose if you truly view them as your children then it makes sense in a weird twisted way, but then there are other issues in play in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2017
oh definitely. When he was saying Palestinian Lives Matter, I was like "hell yeah Warnock". But it's so crazy how the add is framed to make him appear so evil.
That one got me. The ad ended on him saying "Palestinian lives matter"... that's it! I guess they were trying to get some sort of BLM + anti-Israel combo going, but I really don't think it was effective as they thought it would be

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I am so glad that millionaire inside trading carpetbagger got her ass kicked out of the Senate. She is literally everything wrong with American politics.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Lmfao stop. that can't be real.

It was not only real, there were more people (or at least they were more vocal) in the side of "you should save the turtle". I particularly remember the gotcha attempts like "but would you do that for your dog / cat? if you would then you're a hypocrite" (because apparently all animals are interchangeable).

The grasp some people have on food chains could not help but remind me of an old interview with David Attenborough where he mentioned an irate letter they got saying they should have used all that money spent filming lions hunting and eating herbivores to, instead (and I shit you not, I'm quoting this literally) "teach the lions to eat grass".

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
That Warnock ad was great.

I want to say it's encouraging that a braindead dipshit like Loeffler repeating "radical liberal" didn't compel enough Georgians to vote for her but realistically it was just because Trump didn't hype her up enough. Still, shows that organizing and expanding voting can have tangible results. Not that it wasn't known or obvious but to actually result in Ossoff and Warnock wins - not to mention it GA flipping blue for POTUS - is no small feat.

Dec 30, 2020
My general rule is my home is sanctuary. You manage to get in here and live with me, I respect you and try to keep you safe. People, dogs, cats, spiders, walking moustaches...

Oct 8, 2019
This a well known fact. There is a reason every single president except Trump had.a dog. Nixon' when attacked for corruption instead talked about how he got a dog as a gift, and how much his children loved that dog.

This is probably one of the main reasons why Trump didnt win re-election

www.gq-magazine.co.uk

Donald Trump hates dogs. Here's what that tells us about him

Of all his changes at the White House, Donald’s lack of canine companions goes against the grain

It made Trump look like he didnt love animals. I love animals, I have a dog, why doesnt Trump have a dog. Makes him seem less human.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It was not only real, there were more people (or at least they were more vocal) in the side of "you should save the turtle". I particularly remember the gotcha attempts like "but would you do that for your dog / cat? if you would then you're a hypocrite" (because apparently all animals are interchangeable).

The grasp some people have on food chains could not help but remind me of an old interview with David Attenborough where he mentioned an irate letter they got saying they should have used all that money spent filming lions hunting and eating herbivores to, instead (and I shit you not, I'm quoting this literally) "teach the lions to eat grass".
They HAD to be trolling... right?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
iirc there were some bizarre news stories about Biden uniting America because he's getting a cat to go with his dogs.

Oct 27, 2017

Almost half the country voted for Trump. People on average are dumb as bricks.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
This is a winning message for them, historically, and is much more popular than most of their other policies in any event.

See this famous ad from the 1990 North Carolina Senate race:

Hooooly shit at that ad. I imagine if that ad ran today with the Republican party, the dialog now would be;
"The black man is coming for your job first... then your home... then for you! They'll even cuck you in front of your wife! Vote NO if unless YOU want to be the minority next!"

The sad part is even though I'm joking, it probably wouldn't be too far off.