• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
After the rest of his arsehole streak, I did wonder when he'd tip into dangerous conspiracy theories.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
If he is so in character of being "Dr. Disrespect", why doesnt he say the n-word?

Why can he film a public bathroom?
Why can he do "ching chang chong"?
Why can he spout that shit, but you never heard him saying the n-word? Wouldnt that be part of his "shtick"?

True, but there is hard on for bringing down to size streamers Era doesn't like Ninja, and this guy. They do anything negative and it's a huge deal as if this is the time we'll get him. I'm not defending either streamer but this gets to be ridiculous sometimes. This is dumb but ok? The argument is presented like he's teaching children that 5g causes Covid. I guess people have fun typing "This guy is a shithead" on forums.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
True, but there is hard on for bringing down to size streamers Era doesn't like Ninja, and this guy. They do anything negative and it's a huge deal as if this is the time we'll get him. I'm not defending either streamer but this gets to be ridiculous sometimes. This is dumb but ok? The argument is presented like he's teaching children that 5g causes Covid. I guess people have fun typing "This guy is a shithead" on forums.
So you think the more pressing matter to comment on is Era calling out the stupid shit these people with large audiences do and say and not what they did or said?

Don't you see how what you're doing now actually comes off as wanting to feel intellectually superior to the people in this thread? That you're somehow "above" it all?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Worshipping Streamers would always lead to shit like this.

"He's just playing a bit, that's his on-screen character" is the same idiotic narrative you tried to convince yourselves with when that orange idiot took office- now look at you.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
If he is so in character of being "Dr. Disrespect", why doesnt he say the n-word?

Why can he spout that shit, but you never heard him saying the n-word? Wouldnt that be part of his "shtick"?

See this is the type of shit that makes me laugh about these "bad guy" personas. They all have a line.

There's a streamer named Excessive Profanity who, while not prone to making stupid statements as often as Dr. Disrespect, does let the lips run free with his language. A few years ago he said Nigger on stream outside of the boss door in Bloodborne. He was using all type of other derogatory language to describe him. But the moment he said that, he knew he fucked up.

Of course, he tried to downplay it and say that its not a negative word where he's from(Australia LOL) and the vod for that stream was conveniently deleted. Never was an uproar about it because he has a relatively smaller stream compared to the big boys, and he never had to issue an apology.

Point is all these idiots have a line.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Doc has lost it. I used to find him entertaining but lately he's been insufferable. Between constant complaining and faking Valorant drops twitch can't be happy with paying him millions and now this shit is straight to the deep end. Idiotic.

Every streamers seems to go 'crazy' after they went super big.

Stay sane, Maximilian you are the only streamers I am watching.

Oct 28, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling across multiple posts and sensitive threads; prior severe ban for sexism.
So you think the more pressing matter to comment on is Era calling out the stupid shit these people with large audiences do and say and not what they did or said?

Don't you see how what you're doing now actually comes off as wanting to feel intellectually superior to the people in this thread? That you're somehow "above" it all?
Nah not at all. I'm just pointing out a pattern I see. I guess what I'm trying to say is examine why you care so much about the same few streamers doing stupid minor stuff? One could say, "Well why did you come in this thread?" I was expecting something more controversial, not Doc is dumb, think of the children? It's a pretty weak argument to me. Again, not that I am defending him. Hey, it can be a big deal to you though, to each his own.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

There are 40 million Black or African Americans.

There are 17 million Asian Americans, and Asia is a big region. It's not just East Asians.

The backlash from using slurs isn't necessarily going to be even, and people who avoid them only because they're afraid of the backlash are more likely to avoid some than others.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
that "doctor" in the 5g conspiracy video who's informing DrDisrespect is much more problematic, he sounds intelligent at times but he's just crazy, and the nervous way he explains his theories makes him sound like Doc Brown tryna explain a time traveling DeLorean to Marty McFly... it just betrays his quackiness. yet just think how many people this guy is influencing, DrDisrespect included. fucking scary.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I guess what I'm trying to say is examine why you care so much about the same few streamers doing stupid minor stuff?
Stupid minor stuff are the memes and propaganda that helped get an bumbling racist elected into office. I'm sure you can understand why most would be sensitive to similar "stupid minor stuff" being spread by large personalities in the gaming community.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamer of the Year

And I knew why I always disliked that dude. Besides his cheating and filming people on WC

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Someone should just stealthily intertwine these two conspiracies into "Elon Musk launching SpaceX 5G satellites caused Corona" and let these dumbasses fight amongst themselves

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Does anyone ever feel overwhelmed by the prevelance of idiocy? It feels like in 5 to 10 years the majority of Americans will believe in conspiracy and pseudoscience.

People tend to be swayed by propaganda. Social media is a great venue for sharing propaganda and gives voice to many malicious actors.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mods keep deleting the VOD from r/LivestreamFail too because it violates their "no politics" rule. Laughable.

Oct 28, 2019
Stupid minor stuff are the memes and propaganda that helped get an bumbling racist elected into office. I'm sure you can understand why most would be sensitive to similar "stupid minor stuff" being spread by large personalities in the gaming community.
Ok Ok 5g causes covid is going to get Trump re-elected? Yeah kids are going to vote for Trump this November. See this is what I'm talking about, racism or something to that level would get a different response from me than this. This is slippery slope logic.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
The bigger issues is the LSF traction it is going to drive and the other streamers reacting to it. 20K is just the tip of how many are going to see it.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Ok Ok 5g causes covid is going to get Trump re-elected? Yeah kids are going to vote for Trump this November. See this is what I'm talking about, racism or something to that level would get a different response from me than this. This is slippery slope logic.

I mean he was involved in several racist streaming "incidents" as well as "funny asian twitter posts".

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
...Youre not following. Misinformation and propaganda helped get trump elected. Just like spreading conspiracies about 5G and how people should go back to work can get people hurt/killed. Get it?

Oct 28, 2019
...Youre not following. Misinformation and propaganda helped get trump elected. Just like spreading conspiracies about 5G and how people should go back to work can get people hurt/killed. Get it?
I honestly feel that's an American issue way bigger than anyone with a twitch channel. You're right but Dr. Disrespect isn't a good example. Like I said earlier, Dr. Disrespect doing something stupid can be a big deal to you, but in the grand scheme of things this seems petty. Hey we can have different priorities. If they banned Doc today the issue you mention would continue to be a huge problem, in fact Doc is getting this shit from other people. He didn't even come up with it on his own. Just shows how gullible he is. I guess that's a reason to type he sucks on a forum? Really?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Twitch bans his ass again, over spreading this conspiracy theory. Hope it's permanent.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
He actually worked on Call of Duty? In what capacity?
Level designer he helped make these maps. Solar, Horizon, Instinct, Ascend, Recovery, Sideshow, Site 244 and Quarantine.

callofduty.fandom.com

Guy Beahm

Guy Beahm is a former employee for Sledgehammer Games. Before being hired by Sledgehammer Games, Beahm was a YouTuber known as "Dr Disrespect". On March 16th, 2011, Beahm accepted the position of Community Manager for the studio. A year later, on March 1st, 2012, he announced he had accepted a...

Oct 26, 2017
Doc has lost it. I used to find him entertaining but lately he's been insufferable. Between constant complaining and faking Valorant drops twitch can't be happy with paying him millions and now this shit is straight to the deep end. Idiotic.
I watched him quite often two years ago up until about a year ago. I didn't stop watching him for any particular reason at the time.

I've tuned in a few times lately though and it's quite honestly depressing. The "cocky asshole" that used to have me cackling has become his own worst enemy. What started as satire seems to have become a reality for Guy Beahm. Such a shame.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Level designer he helped make these maps. Solar, Horizon, Instinct, Ascend, Recovery, Sideshow, Site 244 and Quarantine.

callofduty.fandom.com

Guy Beahm

Guy Beahm is a former employee for Sledgehammer Games. Before being hired by Sledgehammer Games, Beahm was a YouTuber known as "Dr Disrespect". On March 16th, 2011, Beahm accepted the position of Community Manager for the studio. A year later, on March 1st, 2012, he announced he had accepted a...
Oh good, some of the worst maps in any Call of Duty, lovely.

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
You can be famous and stupid. In fact, I think that combo is the norm rather than the exception.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel that's an American issue way bigger than anyone with a twitch channel. You're right but Dr. Disrespect isn't a good example. Like I said earlier, Dr. Disrespect doing something stupid can be a big deal to you, but in the grand scheme of things this seems petty. Hey we can have different priorities. If they banned Doc today the issue you mention would continue to be a huge problem, in fact Doc is getting this shit from other people. He didn't even come up with it on his own. Just shows how gullible he is. I guess that's a reason to type he sucks on a forum? Really?
You are so above it all. Must be nice, to live above the worries and struggles of all us simpletons, wallowing down here in the muck. If only I could be so high as to sit afar and watch as the masses fight among themselves never falling to their level but leaving only nuggets of truth and wisdom.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Always thought he was a moron and now he's done me the favor of confirming it

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's why the only popular twitch streamer I really watch has a PhD in biology. And it helps that he's not doing this as his job.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
how fucking stupid do you have to be to believe that radio signals can create a virus. Like.....godamn.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
oh shut up. he has a platform that he's using to spread bullshit, which is going to get picked up by others and continue to spread. if you like some moron who plays games for living fine, but dont waste your time defending this garbage.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Colonial empires have fallen, the Nazis were defeated, the KKK collapsed, and yet racism still exists somehow.

When you're dealing with harmful idea, it isn't enough to treat it at the source, because so much of how it spreads is insidious; it's perpetuated through the channels of normal social behaviour. Streamers also operate on this same levek, being essentially a friend-alternative who lets you get some degree of social interaction where they talk directly to you and you shout things at them and throw them money at the desperate hope of getting attention.

When there's no body regulating their harmful behaviour, the least we can do is acknowledge that what we see happening in front of us is actually happening.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I can't believe people enjoy watching this guy. Even if his production values are good compared to other streamers, he has always been such an ass and I can't stand hearing him.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
saying "he's playing a character though" is such a stupid response. so we can all just slap on a wig and some sunglasses and say dumb shit can we?

Exactly. I hate how people try to use that as a way to justify the shit he says and does. His real personality shines through loud and clear and he's always been an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.