• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, does Musk also believe in the 5G conspiracy? Or is Musk only tangentially related here? I can't imagine he's that stupid.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone ever feel overwhelmed by the prevelance of idiocy? It feels like in 5 to 10 years the majority of Americans will believe in conspiracy and pseudoscience.

Oct 27, 2017
Even joking and if he doesn't believe it, that is spreading false info to a very big audience. Especially if he has a big population of fans who are children.

IMO he should be penalized significantly by Twitch for stating such false info without the proper context of a joke. Of course nothing will happen to him tho.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Says the man who doesn't have to leave his house. Easy to peddle this kind of nonsense when you don't really have skin in the game.

dziga

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
whats wrong with americans ? they really have some trouble understanding what a virus is

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
He has been ranting about how the economy needs to open back up, that quarantines are fascist and that he wants his workers back in his factories. Not to mention the pedophile fiasco during the Thailand cave thing. And a million other things.
Thinks we're living in a fascist state because he can't force his factories to reopen and spread the virus more among his expendables ahem, employees.
What an asshole. I can't believe I forgot about the pedophile accusation. Shame, I like some of the stuff he's done but man he can get tae fuck.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone ever feel overwhelmed by the prevelance of idiocy? It feels like in 5 to 10 years the majority of Americans will believe in conspiracy and pseudoscience.
Dude its so tiring. Like I never really gave a shit when my teachers stressed Critical Thinking Skills....but my god man some people must have been asleep through school...through life?!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
5G theory?

*googles*

95fbb7a77e617a50ddffe1b5f6676f0e.gif

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, look at his occupation.... He's a clown that plays video games for a living.

Who's taking their informed opinions from him?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Definitely. It's been an exponential problem with the advent of social media where everyone gets a soapbox.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Not that I'm defending this idiot but isn't he meant to be a parody of an idiot or something?

the persona I mean

I don't think someone who has said countless racist things and filmed in a bathroom at a live event is a "character" anymore. I think its just an underlying part of who they are.

Oct 28, 2019
You know it's odd how whenever people in the gaming community don't like something the first argument goes to "It must be consumed mostly by children. I doubt only children got Dr. Disrespect to this point. Same as with lootboxes, adults consume this stuff as well. I guess people want to trivialize it or feel intellectually above what they are criticizing, but it just comes off ass arrogance or condescending. People act like children can turn on the news and be uniformed by the president of the united states. Yeah this is dumb, but i'm willing to bet Dr. Disrespect isn't the most dangerous person putting out this kind of information.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This guy ain't fucking the Colbert Report guys, he's not being satirical or being a parody. He's heightening things about himself.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe someone who goes into a public bathroom while livestreaming doesn't have the best judgement and shouldn't be given a platform. Just a thought.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
saying "he's playing a character though" is such a stupid response. so we can all just slap on a wig and some sunglasses and say dumb shit can we?

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Does Twitch have a policy against spreading misinformation about COVID-19? If not they fucking should!

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where did this 5G nonsense start from anyways. Anybody who has a basic understanding of how anything works knows this breaks the very laws of nature and physics. Where do people believe this nonsense?
It's because of 5G's link to China. Huawei are a Chinese phone company and are a major proponent of supporting 5G, the coronavirus originated in China so 5G = coronavirus.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

If the clip gets deleted https://livestreamfails.com/post/79671

Full commentary on the subject goes from about 24 minutes in until about the 48 minute mark.

Reads The Hill piece on stream to his viewers (The Stanford Study)

This is the guy who thought it was cool to livestream other people in a public bathroom.

I don't think you should be looking to him for intelligent takes on anything.

What's more impressive is that brands like Turtle Beach still want to be associated with him.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
Man who spends his life inside his own house tells others to get back to work.

Meltdown May off to a promising start.

Oct 28, 2019
Youre probably right. And?

This is the gaming forum and people will talk about things related to gaming. ETC has the rest what youre talking about. No need to rank which is potentially more dangerous.
True, but there is hard on for bringing down to size streamers Era doesn't like Ninja, and this guy. They do anything negative and it's a huge deal as if this is the time we'll get him. I'm not defending either streamer but this gets to be ridiculous sometimes. This is dumb but ok? The argument is presented like he's teaching children that 5g causes Covid. I guess people have fun typing "This guy is a shithead" on forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.