• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
At first I was like "Okay, not so bad I guess"
Then he started about the they/them stuff I was like "Meh, not funny and I've heard it all before"
Then he said that thing about the Parkland shooting and jesus fuck, why would you ever put that in a comedy show

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I don't get how this is funny even if you're able to overlook how offensive it is. The jokes boil down to "haha trans ppl request certain pronouns" while displaying a complete lack of understanding of the topic he's trying to satirize. It's juvenile as fuck.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He's probably got one to try and use any argument at all to get people to stop complaining about a thing. That's the general motive behind arguments like those because they're the only way in which they make any functional sense. It's disingenuous as shit. It's never "Thing is bad" It's always functionally "You are bad for complaining about it".

Ok I'm out.

Its weird that anything other than "he's a piece of shit asshole" is taken as support or defense for the piece of shit asshole.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Damn Louis whats you doing?
Legit I dont think we'll ever see another special from this guy.
I doubt company wants to be linked to him in anyway at this point, he'll fade into obscurity only to be heard from when he makes comments like these again.

Old age aint an excuse

P.S: This thread is another purge thread? How many bans so far>
Some are even Perma-bans.......

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Ok I'm out.

Its weird that anything other than "he's a piece of shit asshole" is taken as support or defense for the piece of shit asshole.
giphy.gif

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm out.

Well, no, but ignoring problematic stuff (racism, sexual harassment, transphobia) hasn't exactly made it go away. You barging in here trying to stop us talking about it isn't taken as you supporting him, just naive ignorance.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't even see how this is worthy of being called offensive; maybe it would've been 3 years ago but now these jokes are just regurgitated Twitter posts. It's just really bland, tired comedy.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with comedians being jailed for things some people consider indecent.
Who said anything about jail in any seriousness or at all?
His stuff has already been cancelled and taken away. No amount of internet hate is going to stop him from selling tickets if people want to buy them.

If you listen to that audio, people weren't booing. Theres an audience for this and as long as his content continues to go virile that audience is going to grow.

Stop spreading the content.
You seem to have a history of downplaying pieces of shit's actions or just trying to quieten detractors so you can continue to watch pieces of shit in peace

Stop it

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
Wait did he just say that someone wasn't interesting because they were at a highschool that got shot up, then adds that the person didn't get shot up and therefore was not cool...? Then makes a joke about that same person pushing a fat kid in the way? Definitely none of it felt funny.

I never really liked his stuff and a lot of my progressive friends found him appealing back in the day. Surprised to see his stuff has really become a weapon against the crowd he used to seek support from.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It started kind of funny, but then it got not funny at all quickly. Smh, I was one of those who really liked LCK shows and stand ups and wanted to see an appropriate comeback, but if this is all he got, he can stay away. It's embarrassing.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
It's how he's holding himself as a role model that's so bothersome to me. Why would kids want to act the same way he acted? To loose everything because they act like a less charming version of monkey in a zoo like he did?

This really reminds me of Saul Goodman begging Chuck to roll around in the mud with him.

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't even see how this is worthy of being called offensive; maybe it would've been 3 years ago but now these jokes are just regurgitated Twitter posts. It's just really bland, tired comedy.
Transphobic shit IS bland and tired but it's still offensive even if people slather it all over Twitter.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
"Young people should all be stupid and unproductive!" was maybe the worst of this bile. Because he did it, everyone else should too? Oh wait, it's because today's youth have helped cultivate a culture where he can't get away with doing skeevy sexual shit to people who looked up to him.

I'd say it's sad to see him fall this far but reallly, fuck him; no sympathy required here.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell he really thinks he's saying something original that a million other shitty dorks haven't already said. Haha.

I mean, his audience can just end up being a circlejerk of other out-of-touch old dudes who think it's cool to not be considerate towards others. That's fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's really boring comedy.

Swab

Oct 25, 2017
"Young people should all be stupid and unproductive!" was maybe the worst of this bile. Because he did it, everyone else should too? Oh wait, it's because today's youth have helped cultivate a culture where he can't get away with doing skeevy sexual shit to people who looked up to him.

I'd say it's sad to see him fall this far but reallly, fuck him; no sympathy required here.

Exactly. He is afraid. You can hear the anger in his voice... He knows his bullshit won't fly anymore and instead of trying to change he is leaning into it.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Isn't the joke him looking forward to finger wagging at kids being stupid now that he's old and instead he's just angry and bitter that they stand for stuff and rob him of that and make his youth even more stupid in comparison?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It probably (and I stress probably) seems lazy and sloppy because this is what it sounds like when a comedian works out new material. Most people only hear a stand-up special after it's been worked on for well over a year.

P.S. I'm not defending the material, I'm just trying to clarify that people shouldn't judge this until the special airs, as a lot will change from now until then. It would be like judging the first cut of any movie ever made. It's one thing to not like the jokes because you're offended, but it's another to attack something that isn't finished.

P.P.S. Personally I think "Live at the Beacon Theater" was his last good special and the few after have been terrible, to the point where his last special I believe I smiled once. Anyway, I think this "nothing to lose" Louis may at some point produce another fantastic hour of stand-up, but it won't be anytime soon.
comedian sets apparently have more rights than trans people, alright then.

like i dunno when i write, my first drafts arent blatantly weirdass bigoted bullshit i later trim off. im not buying this "wait till its finished" bullshit in the slightest

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
before it was revealed he was as sex pervert people used to hold this crap up as the best American stand up

it's like some sub par Bernard Manning bit

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
The pronoun stuff is bad. The school shooting thing is evidently bad because it isn't landing, but I think he meant it to be along the lines of "I'm mocking this generation but they have to deal with school shootings, holy shit". Which was kind of funny to me. But yeah, the rest sounded like an old man rambling about how things are different than they used to be (and of course showing a lot of ignorance). Meh.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the joke him looking forward to finger wagging at kids being stupid now that he's old and instead he's just angry and bitter that they stand for stuff and rob him of that and make his youth even more stupid in comparison?
Maybe the old Louis CK would have added some self-deprecating shit to make it work like that, but no, this was just aggressive towards young people who care. It's made pretty evident by the "you're not special just because you went through a school shooting" comment that is straight outta Trump/FOX News/gun advocate/alt-right playbook.

Trumpets

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia, Account in Junior Phase
I'm not a fan of his wanking in front of female comics, but I can't see any problem with this. The line about millennials telling you how to address them, like royalty, made me laugh.

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
So I rattled this arround in my stupid head for 8 hours and resisted the urge to reply to this thread straight away and this is where I landed: lck previous stand up contained references to his own sexual deviencies it's now difficult to separate this materiel from the reality of the misdeeds that he has admitted to and appologised for. With that information it's now difficult for people to look at lck's material and class it as satire for me a comedy fan and somebody who believes strongly in free speech the the mod post in this thread did not sit well with me that being said this isn't my house and I'm a guest here so I'll leave my shoes at the door and keep my mouth shut.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
The "I identify as a location" shit is tired, lame and unfunny in the extreme. Besides its ignorance, it's not even a thought, an observation. It's just hackneyed, regurgitated pandering.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I rattled this arround in my stupid head for 8 hours and resisted the urge to reply to this thread straight away and this is where I landed: lck previous stand up contained references to his own sexual deviencies it's now difficult to separate this materiel from the reality of the misdeeds that he has admitted to and appologised for. With that information it's now difficult for people to look at lck's material and class it as satire for me a comedy fan and somebody who believes strongly in free speech the the mod post in this thread did not sit well with me that being said this isn't my house and I'm a guest here so I'll leave my shoes at the door and keep my mouth shut.

Achnowleding the modpost does not negate it. :|

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's definitely the wiser and more insightful observation, which could have been a fantastic bit. But instead the joke he's actually telling is pretty clearly "kids today are whiners".

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of his wanking in front of female comics, but I can't see any problem with this. The line about millennials telling you how to address them, like royalty, made me laugh.
Transgender people asking for considerate treatment is not asking to be treated like royalty nor the same as identifying as a location. Don't be an idiot.

Oct 25, 2017

What are your opinions about him making fun of the Parkland shooting victims and the transphobic language in this routine?

Oct 27, 2017
comedian sets apparently have more rights than trans people, alright then.

like i dunno when i write, my first drafts arent blatantly weirdass bigoted bullshit i later trim off. im not buying this "wait till its finished" bullshit in the slightest
Um, I was replying to somebody who criticized the quality of the writing. I just said that he's probably not done workshopping the bit yet.

Think about some bits from your favourite comedian. If you heard those bits a year before they filmed their special, they would also be poorly written/structured. The only difference is that you don't like what Louis is saying. You're upset at the material, which is fair enough, but that has nothing to do with either post.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Comedy isn't above criticism. And this ain't satire. Free speech has nothing to do with this.

maxglute

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing but also unsurprising. I thought the chances of him coming back "rehabilitated" was incredibly low - he's an old rich dude with too much money and too little reason to change a lifetime of entrenched attitudes. As others have said, this material isn't new grounds for him. Part of his appeal is the ability to joke about extremely transgressive topics with wordplay and misdirection where the humor resides in delivery to overshadow the subject matter - it's edgy memelord shit for aging dude bros. Holding out faint hope that this is just an working set that needs polish in that regard. While his fanbase has permanently shrunk, I doubt it's going to go away. His attitude towards these issues are sadly pretty wide spread among older demographics with disposable income that he can milk for decades. Though I certainly regret paying for his shit now.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
somebody who believes strongly in free speech the the mod post in this thread did not sit well with me that being said this isn't my house and I'm a guest here so I'll leave my shoes at the door and keep my mouth shut.
Do you think that mod post removes a person's free speech? Everyone is still welcome to post whatever vile shit they want but there are consequences to what you post.
It sounds like you believe in freedom from consequence, not "free speech".

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
There's another site you can go where can revel in as much transphobic and heartless bullshit as your heart desires. This is an online forum with moderation. By this point you should be aware of the website's mission statement and goal for inclusiveness, to know this shit won't fly here in any form.

GTFO with that empty ass free speech argument.
Transgender people asking for considerate treatment is not asking to be treated like royalty nor the same as identifying as a location. Don't be an idiot.
And you also conveniently left out the part where he shit on survivors of school shootings.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just surprised how bad the setup is for these jokes. He was always really good at taking the audience to "offensive" conclusions. But there's nothing like that here. Man, this is actually a bummer.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I've never liked LCK and to be honest I don't understand how he became so popular.

He always came across as a twat even before his fall from grace so why are people acting surprised?

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
There's another site you can go where can revel in as much transphobic and heartless bullshit as your heart desires. This is an online forum with moderation. By this point you should be aware of the website's mission statement and goal for inclusiveness, to know this shit won't fly here in any form.

GTFO with that empty ass free speech argument.
I wasn't making an argument or case for free speech I was trying to express honestly my process of seeing other people's views without coming accross as mean spirited or discounting them while adhearing to this forums moderation rules.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I could barely finish that. I hear enough of that garbage elsewhere; I know the kind of people laughing there very well.
I've never liked LCK and to be honest I don't understand how he became so popular.

He always came across as a twat even before his fall from grace so why are people acting surprised?
Some of us are stupider and have worse taste than you, what can I say

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't making an argument or case for free speech I was trying to express honestly my process of seeing other people's views without coming accross as mean spirited or discounting them while adhearing to this forums moderation rules.

You posted a statement that reached a conclusion of "I should keep my mouth shut" but for some reason found it valuable enough for discourse and public consumption to press the Post Reply button.

After 8 hours of deliberation and after the topic had already been locked for an hour because of the high frequency of reports from people with shitty opinions.

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
What are your opinions about him making fun of the Parkland shooting victims and the transphobic language in this routine?
I think that him making fun is his job and his intention is to make people laugh as with any stand up comedy. However as I tried to explain in my post I can understand how people find it impossible or difficult to find the satire/fun in his material given what we know about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.