• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I thought you were exaggerating but, man, that is some awful low-brow RW shit.

He's bitching because instead of getting high, people in their 20s are asking for pronoun respect and telling people not to be assholes.

and also talking down to kids for standing up in Congress about not wanting to be shot in school.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
A Louis CK and Dennis Miller dual bill could sell out the biggest megachurch in Texas

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
User banned (1 week): dismissing transphobic comments
Come at me. I also thought it was funny. Humor is inherently subjective.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
It's easier to be a comedian when your audience is a bunch of morons who can't use their brains properly and will clap and cheer for anyone and anything that goes against those dirty liberals.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Can you provide a transcript for those of us that don't want to watch a video of Louis CK

- Talks about how when he was a teen or in his early 20's he was doing crazy shit and he couldn't wait until he got into his 50's so he could call kids out for being crazy. But those kids aren't crazy, instead they're calling out others for saying stupid shit
- Complains about people wanting to be identified a certain way
- Complains about the Parkland Kids speaking in front of congress. Says that they have nothing important to say and it's not like they got shot, they just pushed some fat kid in front of them

There are no actual jokes in it.

Last edited:

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
That was a pretty sad listen. Somehow people laughed though, so good for them I guess.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
man what is with comedians and trans jokes

get some new material, shit sounds like the rambling of a typical youtube comment section

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not the biggest fan of CK's standup but I am a huge fan of his creative output in terms of film. Needless to say, this sounds like typical CK. I'm guessing OP never heard his sets before which is fine.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
- Talks about how when he was a teen or in his early 20's he was doing crazy shit and he couldn't wait until he got into his 50's so he could call kids out for being crazy. But those kids aren't crazy, instead they're calling out others for saying stupid shit
- Complains about people wanting to be identified a certain way
- Complains about the Parkland Kids speaking in front of college. Says that they have nothing important to say and it's not like they got shot, they just pushed some fat kid in front of them

There are no actual jokes in it.
you got further than I did. I listened for a few and became a human-sized eyeroll at the tired-ass trans- and homophobic shit and turned it off. Thank you for your service.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Never liked his humor and this is certainly no different. Fuck him.

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (2 Weeks): downplaying sexual harassment
Definitely taking the L on trans-related issues, but otherwise a solid bit.

I've been re-watching Louie lately. I miss the dude. He asked for permission to do what he did, and Matt Damon was right when he explained that what Louie did is nowhere near equivelant to what a monster like Harvey did.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Jesus, the guy is making fun of students who suffered through a school shooting whose friends and classmates were gunned down, yeah fuck those kids for trying to advocate for change right? What a piece of shit.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
What in that bit is solid?
I've been re-watching Louie lately. I miss the dude. He asked for permission to do what he did
Holy shit.

Not only do you "miss" a serial sexual assaulter, you go on to downplay what he did because he asked permission? When that isn't even true?
As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.
They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. "And then he really did it," Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. "He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating."
Those women laughed at it and he did it anyways, there was no permission or consent given.
In 2003, Abby Schachner called Louis C.K. to invite him to one of her shows, and during the phone conversation, she said, she could hear him masturbating as they spoke.
No permission or consent was given in this case either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've been re-watching Louie lately. I miss the dude. He asked for permission to do what he did, and Matt Damon was right when he explained that what Louie did is nowhere near equivelant to what a monster like Harvey did.

Please don't downplay what Louie did just because you don't see it on the same level as the worst of the worst

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
He asked for permission to do what he did, and Matt Damon was right when he explained that what Louie did is nowhere near equivelant to what a monster like Harvey did.
You're gonna get wrecked for this, the latter I agree with of course. Both beyond scumbag moves on separate parts of the same scale.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe he was my favorite comedian even just a few years ago. His parenting material was so funny and it felt really nice having someone be so frank about parenthood.
What a shithead he has become.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Well, when it comes to comedy my standard is always to make me laugh. I love laughing at good jokes. I came close to laughing at some parts of this, but not quite there. It's a shame because I loved Louis' material. Unfortunately, it feels like he's degenerated into a kind of pandering comedy, where he can do the job of actually associating some comedic elements with the right wing narrative, but since most conservatives aren't funny, he will be rewarded for it.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
"I identify as a location" is classic alt-right gaslighting bullshit.

People can go around doing jello shots and getting fingered without being a massive, boorish shitlord which is what Louis seems either never have figured out or is disingenuously pretending to not understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.