• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

After this shocking event, will things ever be the same again?!?

• No, of course not!

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • Yes. What are you, an idiot?

Votes: 46 22.4%
  • Hello, I am very much interested in buying your bridge. Do you have pics?

Votes: 139 67.8%

• Total voters

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I meant something as convoluted as Bruce Wayne's own father coming from an alternate dimension to help when as far as I know he's just a billionaire businessman

It's...not really convoluted at all.

In the reality this Thomas is from, Bruce died in front of him, which drove him to become batman. In the same way that there are a billion different spider people that somehow got bit by the spider and became spiderman in marvel. There's even a great movie about it called Spiderverse, lol.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this will stick.

Until the Crisis level continuity reboot that's inevitably coming in 2020.
Oh please this won't take a reboot to get undone
I picked up Batman Universe #1 on a lark and even though it's only two issues so far it's the most fun I've had reading Batman in a long time. It's very cartoony, more adventurous and lighthearted than grim, and a far more human, social take on Batman than anything you get from King. This is actually a Batman I want to read, and if DC was actually smart enough to do this with their mainline Bat books I'd come back in a heartbeat.
Honestly it great

I wish more batbooks was as fun as that book

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Botching a Bruce / Selina wedding then following that up with what seems like a shit half-remembered adaptation of The Dark Knight Rises.

Even Zack Snyder wouldn't snap Alfred's neck. Probably.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be the first to shit on King's Batman run but having the Rogue gallery be the new Gotham PD is pretty great.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Batman Universe #1 on a lark and even though it's only two issues so far it's the most fun I've had reading Batman in a long time. It's very cartoony, more adventurous and lighthearted than grim, and a far more human, social take on Batman than anything you get from King. This is actually a Batman I want to read, and if DC was actually smart enough to do this with their mainline Bat books I'd come back in a heartbeat.

I agree. I would also say Tom King's cold writing coupled with fun superhero mundanity has been a better fit for Superman in the little I've read where he's writing the character.

I would probably be more interested in both books if Bendis and King swapped seats.

Edit:
Wait, nevermind.

Last edited:

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
King's Batman run is one of the reasons I stopped reading weekly comics. Batman is one of my favorites, and Tom King has written some fantastic books! What could wrong? I tried so hard but couldn't take it anymore after all the meandering and repetition. Think I called it quits after the initial Bane confrontation in his run. Honestly surprised it's still going.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
As a huge Stephanie Brown fan; this shit just gave me massive anxiety. Like, don't do her dirty again. Hahaha

Otherwise, i'm sure this one will stick, right??/

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
Tell me more about this bridge...

Hopefully this wasn't the real Alfred. If it was, then maybe we'll get enraged Batman, but will that anger be directed at Thomas or Damian? Either way, they better bring back Alfred.

Also, does this mean they'll be ending Catwoman's solo book? Kinda hope so.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

In all seriousness though, wasn't a Lazarus Pit a plot point less than 3 issues ago?

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
DC already killed Stephanie when they rebooted and ended Bryan Q Miller's run.

Who cares about Alfred. He's not even the good Alfred.

latest

Oh boy wait till you read Grant Morrison

AKA the best Batman run ever

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I tried so hard but couldn't take it anymore after all the meandering and repetition. Think I called it quits after the initial Bane confrontation in his run.

Yeah, I think it was the straw that broke the camel's damn back for many.

Broke their damn back.

Their damn back.

Damn back.

Broke their damn back

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I have enjoyed all of the run. Bane taking over the city, actually doing it to piss off batman, Thomas being taken from his universe because of Doctor Manhattan is great to me.

I enjoy it all, and while this probably won't stick, the whole point of bane this run is to break batman, took his love, took his city, now taking his family. With how batman is usually written as a demi god who can do no wrong, these issues have really written him to be a guy just on the edge.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not reading Batman, but I was under the impression that Tom King run was well received by fans and critics?
It was until it all turned out to just be stringing a wedding along that didn't even happen people got pissed and he immediately tried to string them along again by "maybe it will happen 50 issues from now.

Batman book became a PoS and he freaking destroyed Wally West, dude is absolute garbage.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I have enjoyed all of the run. Bane taking over the city, actually doing it to piss off batman, Thomas being taken from his universe because of Doctor Manhattan is great to me.

I enjoy it all, and while this probably won't stick, the whole point of bane this run is to break batman, took his love, took his city, now taking his family. With how batman is usually written as a demi god who can do no wrong, these issues have really written him to be a guy just on the edge.

Yeah I love this version of Batman. He starts out broken in issue 1, and he is put through a meat grinder for 70 issues.

The ultra competent trick up his sleeve Batman is boring, glad to see such a long series that explores his broken psyche.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I really really think King needs to stick to limited series. They play to his strengths so much better. He just seems bad at doing something built in the framework of traditional serialization.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how King can write such amazing things like Omega Men, Sheriff of Babylon, and Mister Miracle and then take on Batman and mess it up. The guy really knows how to write, but I just don't think he really fell in love with Batman or DC's editorial team didn't like his direction and made some pretty ham-fisted changes.

Either way, death is inconsequential in the DCU. He'll be back.

Some people just suck at long form storytelling. King is kinda being up his own ass and doesn't understand what makes Batman comics Batman comics

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've loved this run. Some of my favorite Batman moments.

Snyder's run was better, but King has had some amazing shit. I think it's helped that I waited until I had like...60 issues or so, so the repetition or "stringing along" didn't feel so bad to me.

The Date issues with Lois/Selena/Supes/Bats is one of my favorite comics ever. Iuno, I just dig the way King writes.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I don't read DC regularly, so hearing about this kinda shit always gives me the impression that The Vision was a fluke. I'm probably wrong though.

Well there is Mister Miracle in more recent times, another 12 issues run from him that is critically acclaimed. Maybe he needs to stick to these kind of runs or such lol. He is working on another one that is about Adam Strange.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't read DC regularly, so hearing about this kinda shit always gives me the impression that The Vision was a fluke. I'm probably wrong though.
No it's really his Batman and Heroes in Crisis that hasn't been gotten huge praise

Everything else he did has gotten acclaimed and love if anything those two are flukes

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly... I hope this sticks. If there is one character that is disposable in the Batman catalog it's definitely that one. Seeing Bruce deal with that characters death and moving forward without him would also be a great storyline.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Okay yeah I've heard so much praise for Omega Men and Mister Miracle. I need to actually get around to them!

I still want to read this Batman run eventually but I'll be weary for the latter half...

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
It was until it all turned out to just be stringing a wedding along that didn't even happen people got pissed and he immediately tried to string them along again by "maybe it will happen 50 issues from now.

Batman book became a PoS and he freaking destroyed Wally West, dude is absolute garbage.

What he did to Wally?