• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
This is the least likely prediction I've ever heard from a major video game analyst ever.

For this prediction to be true, Bethesda would have to make the Elder Scrolls 6 in one year while likely throwing away all their pre-production plans that were aiming at next gen consoles.
If it's the worst prediction, it's likely bc of the small sample size of publicly made predictions. Analysts are frequently wrong about a lot of things (see his Switch tracking at 13m this year), and I don't think they ever warrant discussion. By the same token, I don't think it would be thread worthy if there's a new Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, and Rainbow 6 game announced as he predicts.

The one caveat I'll make is it he wanted to create a thread himself here, like you see Matt Piscatella do. I'd welcome the opportunity to debate the prediction with the actual person, but criticising someone in absentia doesn't have a lot of value

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 76 failed because it was rushed, so Bethesda is going to make up for it by developing The Elder Scrolls 6 in a single year.

tumblr_pk4ipy4AWh1vyvg1co4_500.gif

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
That's pretty much in line with his other "insights". It amazes me that anyone is still listening to this guy or considers his words worthy of publishing.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd welcome the opportunity to debate the prediction with the actual person

Ehhh, I'd say that I'm probably wrong, and that predicting things in video games is really, really hard and a fun but ultimately somewhat silly thing to do. But it gets people talking and thinking about the future, which is a good time.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, I don't think Fallout 76 will even be out of alpha in 2019. They just announced that they'll be announcing a roadmap in the future.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
No snark, no hot take, straight up honest question.

Is Patcher right mostly? What are some cited examples?

The reason I ask is because I feel like for years I read his predictions and can't remember which ones he did get right.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Does this guy have insider information or some kind of magic sauce to his predictions? Why do people bother to pay him any attention? He's about as correct as any random person on this forum. He's just lucky that he gets paid for it and we all do it for free.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No snark, no hot take, straight up honest question.

Is Patcher right mostly? What are some cited examples?

The reason I ask is because I feel like for years I read his predictions and can't remember which ones he did get right.
The most popular prediction of his that was right was him calling the failure of the Wii U.
He has a ~49% accuracy rate, I believe.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Hell, I don't think Fallout 76 will even be out of alpha in 2019. They just announced that they'll be announcing a roadmap in the future.

By the end of 2019 their list of features for the alpha will be

Things that work: the launcher
Things that don't work: the game

I would expect an internal playable design document by this year, where you will be able to impersonate the people working on it and swipe through the pages.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
Now it'll never be released

Now that we got sarcasm out, I think Bethesda will aim to release ES6 on the current generation consoles and then release a complete edition for Xbox Zero and PS5.

Zhcrobert

Jun 8, 2018
Can someone explains to me how an industry veteran like Patcher insists on his mistaken prediction that switch is on track to sell 13 M this year, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explains to me how an industry veteran like Patcher insists on his mistaken prediction that switch is on track to sell 13 M this year, despite all the evidence to the contrary?

Because people will continue to make articles and threads about his predictions, even ones he knows are wrong.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
For the rest of us, it was "the worst video game prediction of all time", but for him, it was Pachter-day.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
A game that's not even in full production will come out this year. Ok! How can someone who does industry analysis as a job do it so wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
This may beat "Fuse will sell five million copies" as Pachter's worse prediction. Get out of gaming Michael, you're out of your element!

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
with how accurate he is i feel like anyone that's had a gaming forum account for more than 5 years should also be considered an industry veteran.
He originally said Switch was tracking towards 8 million this year, now he's saying 13. there's no way in hell TESVI comes out before 2020. the only time he's been correct is when he makes super vague predictions that just about anyone on here could make. Every single time there's a thread with his BS it just strengthens outlets desire to talk to him so he can make more BS predictions which just continues the cycle. what really sucks is that there are actual people who are actually good at doing that job and are getting ignored because Pachter gets clicks.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Hey here's a crazy idea, why don't we all just ignore what this asshat has to say and then maybe he'll go away?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Rushing a game out the door to alleviate the problems caused by a game that was rushed out the door. That's it!
Crazier things have happen. The Zenimax board is made up of the worse of the worse and I can see them pushing something like that

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
You can't rush the development of a game for 2019 if it is barely ready and only a handful of people working on it in the first place.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
The only way to get that game out in 2019 would be to ship it in infinitely worse shape than 76 was in. Pach, are you just messing with us??