• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
Arguments for this being the worst prediction of all time:

-Bethesda basically said the game wasn't in any serious form of development at e3 2018.
-Pachter is predicting they'll "accelerate" development after Fallout 76's failure.
-This prediction implies that Pachter thinks Elder Scrolls 6 can be made in one year and is a massive failure for understanding game development considering how long he's been in video games.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
This is like a borderline shitpost.

Are people sure he's not just saying this stuff so people give him attention. He does get a lot of threads around here...

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Def the worst prediction ever.

Nah. There were people who actually thought the PS5 would launch in 2019.

Let's not forget the likes of Gabe and Sweeney that predicted MS was going to make Windows a closed platform.

We've seen more outlandish predictions.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
This weirdest thing is, Pachter is a genuinely smart man. Why would he think they can rush ES6 out the door when it's been reported they only have a skeleton crew, at best, working on it right now as the main team focuses on Starfield?

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Is it unlikely? I certainly believe so. I'm not sure I understand the desire to rage about every opinion that man has that drives ppl to create these threads. He's not Phil Spencer or some other major dev exec. He's an analyst with opinions, and so who cares?

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
Is it unlikely? I certainly believe so. I'm not sure I understand the desire to rage about every opinion that man has that drives ppl to create these threads. He's not Phil Spencer or some other major dev exec. He's an analyst with opinions, and so who cares?

This is the least likely prediction I've ever heard from a major video game analyst ever.

For this prediction to be true, Bethesda would have to make the Elder Scrolls 6 in one year while likely throwing away all their pre-production plans that were aiming at next gen consoles.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
I thought some of the other predictions in that article were pretty compelling.
Yeah me too. I think everyone here is focused too much on one really bold prediction. (I agree with Patcher that there will be a scramble to put out something after Fallout 76 faltered even if I doubt it will be TESVI.)

I think your 2019 predictions are on point btw.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
My God what a take. He probably doesn't even know what's Starfield is. Ya know, the game that's actually in production.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is TES6 even in pre-production yet? i'm guessing it is, but by a very, very small team, all of whom are also working on Starfield.

Oct 28, 2017
We all know that Pachter is not too bright, so this is no surprise. What had me a bit perturbed about the article was Serkan Toto stating the he correctly predicted Microsoft would struggle in 2018. How is that prediction in anway correct? Another analyst in the same article said about 2018; "Microsoft has had a great year."

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I think this's the time where we treat his spontaneous prediction as BS that isn't worth a thread.
Imagine if you got paid to randomly say nonsense like that.
He's being paid to make some actual thoughtful insights which he can do (or at least I hope for the sake of the people paying him). This's just nonsense he thinks of on the fly either to keep being on the news or he simply doesn't give a shit.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
This guy ... haha.

For what is worth, probably ES6 will take the double of time to be developed, is not like if they were rushing for money, Fallout 76 sold fairly well, and they need to prove quality, so well, my guess is that it will take 1 or 2 years more than the planned instead of rushing ... but who am i in the game prediction journalism, a gamer as hobbie!

edit: btw, isn't Starfield planned to be released before ES6?

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
His blackout & overwatch going free 2 play is interesting

I gotta think blackout needs to break out into its own thing at some point

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
A lot can be said about Bethesda, Pachter and predictions, but its clear that Fallout 76 is the first time that the public opinion was, and still is, against the company.

About the release date, I hope that the game releases before the 10th year of the original release of Skyrim, but it seems unlikely.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it wouldn't be the first time Bethesda pushes a rushed game out the door so anything is possible

Actually, no. This isn't. Apart from the absurdity of "accelerating development", they literally have a whole other game they have already announced as coming first (Starfield).

There's no way Elder Scrolls was ever planned for this generation. I mean, even Starfield will be crossgen or next gen exclusive. I don't think we'll see ESVI til 2023 at the earliest, 2025 at the latest.