• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins?

• Man

Votes: 24 2.2%
  • Bear

Votes: 962 90.2%
  • Whoever wins, we lose

Votes: 40 3.7%
  • Human with fire axe

Votes: 41 3.8%

• Total voters

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Edit: djplaeskool gotdammit.
What's the origin of this?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Bears aren't just stronger, they are faster as well. I'd like to see someone try and outrun a bear that is out for them. Bear wins this easily.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The hell does it mean to say a human is "more agile" than a bear? What metric are we looking at here? What species? No human is escaping a grizzly bear on foot, or dodging a swing or some shit.

You could declaw and defang it and it could still take your head off with one swing with sheer strength alone.

Maybe if you put Hafthor Julius Bjornsson against a sun bear, sure.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Is this like when Dan Ryckert thought he could beat up a wolf because he had no idea how big wolves are?

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
If you mean a grizzly like in the picture then the answer is bear and it is not even close.

limenglm

Jan 10, 2019
I will probably lose to one of my cats in a 1 vs 1 situation, so...

The ferocity of top level predators are out of people's day-to-day imagination.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
If the man is Captain America then he'll rip the bear in half. If the man is a realistic Human being then he becomes lunch.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I can only speak for myself but if you see me and a gizzly fighting, help the bear.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
If Yakuza 5 taught me anything, it's that unless one is armed with a gun, bears will destroy humans. Unless one is made out of titanium as Saejima is in Yakuza 5. He takes out a grizzly bear with his fists.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I knew a guy whose son gave guided tours in Alaska. In the middle of a tour he got charged by a bear. Luckily for him, he always carried a gun. Unluckily for him, while he did manage to shoot it, it didn't give a fuck and ripped him up pretty good. One of the people with him had a gun also and did eventually shoot it enough to save him. If I remember right, he lost use of one of his arms and is either blind in an eye, or close to it.

But... yeah. It's hard for me to imagine someone winning a round of Mortal Kombat with a bear after hearing that story.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Unless the man is armed with a weapon that can be fatal from long range he is fucked.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There's a reason why (before the invention of firearms) that it took multiple humans to hunt these creatures. They will fuck you up in an instant.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
You would need a group of humans who are engaging in persistence hunting (at the minimum) to likely stand a chance.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The man will win if he has a picnic basket to give to the bear, and then he can German suplex the bear from behind breaking his neck.