• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
As long as it stays vague, it's not hard to predict.
That's the usual every gen and we can already see it.

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
didnt a really old "leak" which got several things right claim that gta 6 will have timed exclusivity?
wouldnt surprise me at this point

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think they'd do GTA6. That would likely cost more than all their other deals combined.

next gen Warzone seems plausible.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
That FF16 thread is gonna be a fucking eruption of console warring
If it is Japanese game, I don't think that the timed exclusivity will be so strange. Sony is already getting some of their games as [timed] exclusives already.

But it could be some big western game. Looking at what they have currently announced, maybe it's again connected with Bethesda. Starfield?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
GTA 6 is still far away and wayy too expensive.

COD as well.

FFXVI is a safe bet, maybe Starfield?

Kazen

May 31, 2019
I see people mentioning Starfield.

Realistically, when can we even expect the game? I would say late 2022 at the earliest

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We will all look back at this and laugh/cry even harder when it's announced that the PS5 is $600

😹😿

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I for one applaud Sony for keeping PC players and Xbox players in their place.

Stuff like this is going to make sure crossplay doesn't take off this gen.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
i'm getting pretty tired of platform holders being able to steal exclusivity and limit a game's potential audience.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
MS doesnt seem to be doing nearly the same thing (mostly small games centered around gamepass).

But that's my point. They're gonna have to counter if Sony is out there buying up timed exclusivity to some of these bigger games and MS has a lot more money to spend than Sony. It's one thing to do this shit with indies, but AAA games that have a history of being multiplatform is an entirely different story.

It doesn't end well regardless of which platform you're playing on.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be shocked if GTA became a Sony timed exclusive series again. That's how it was during the PS2 days.

FFXVI is 100% getting this treatment, too...

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GTA 6 won't be out for another 3 years. Even if a deal was in place no one would know of it in 2020.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
i'm getting pretty tired of platform holders being able to steal exclusivity and limit a game's potential audience.

Yeah. Like in Nioh's case at least Sony actually publishes the damn games.

Just Sony giving Square a check to screw over Xbox owners or Microsoft paying Sega to fuck over Playstation owners, though...come on. It's shit.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Hope is is not true. Competition should be great for us if console market is like 360-ps3-wii era, very similar market share and we had a lot of quality games and every stakeholder giving the maximum they could.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
MS doesnt seem to be doing nearly the same thing (mostly small games centered around gamepass).

MS is still doing it , it just harder for them to get bigger games because Sony has bigger user base and expect to also in next gen .

Hope is is not true. Competition should be great for us if console market is like 360-ps3-wii era, very similar market share and we had a lot of quality games and every stakeholder giving the maximum they could.

That gen was full of this , i mean you really think some of those Japanese games that was MS system for a while were not going to be multiplatform or time DLC.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
GTA 6?

Imagine the meltdown lmao
It would be the PS2-era all over again, so actually not unthinkable, but also not very likely (they'd have to pay astronomical amounts of cash). It would be a huge blow to MS.

And it would be incredibly shitty, so it's not something anyone should want (besides Sony). I'm absolutely expecting FF16 to be a timed-exclusive though (already happened with FF7).

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
No one benefits from this. This isn't content PS5 owners wouldn't have gotten anyway. It's just spending money to withhold it from PC and Xbox owners. Not only is it shitty, Sony could be spending the same money on actual content.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
They better be supremely confident in their pricing and are somehow able to convince these developers that the pricing is fair--especially during a pandemic. I cannot imagine how people will react if the PS5 is $500-$600 USD and they've secured a bunch of exclusives in some fashion, locking people out of those games or experiences by sheer virtue of cost.

Slow Roll

Sep 20, 2019
I know I may be in the minority, but I could care less as long as they eventually come to the other consoles in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.