• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to rewatch Split. It left a great impression with me, but I don't know if that's just because of the ending or not. That was a holy shit moment and I'm so glad it wasn't spoiled for me. Gotta rewatch it though and see if the rest of the film holds up.

For me it holds up for totally different reasons. I looked at it as a orgin story the second time around and it was obvious on the second pass.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly OT. I assume this one will have a twist ending too?

Probably. It's called Glass, so there must be a twist about him specifically. Maybe he really is more than just a dude with a super fragile body or maybe he's just completely paralysed and all three movies are the fantasies of a guy that can't even move without breaking his own bones.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Friend of mine saw it at a preview a few months ago and said it was ass, really hope he was wrong.

This guy goes into EVERY single Glass thread and posts the same thing.

We get it guy, your friend didn't like some really early screening of the movie. Thanks for repeating this 100 times already .

So far your friend has been the only negative word on this film from early reports.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
BTW , Alamo Drafthouse is doing a marathon this Saturday with Unbrealable, Split, and Glass.

Most likely sold out everywhere but worth trying !

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
This guy goes into EVERY single Glass thread and posts the same thing.

We get it guy, your friend didn't like some really early screening of the movie. Thanks for repeating this 100 times already .

So far your friend has been the only negative word on this film from early reports.

Chill. I'm mostly curious to see if my pal was on the money or not.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Why are people still interested in these advertisements? Sorry, I mean "early impressions".

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So you guys will laugh at me but The Village is my favorite movie of his, to me its a damn masterpiece with the best music, visuals, and dialog ever! However, Unbreakable is just behind it.

The soundtrack is wonderful, and the movie is very easy on the eyes. I also like the messiness of Lady in the Water, and its music.

The only Shyamalan movie I actively dislike is The Happening. Otherwise, I've always found something interesting to talk about in his flicks. Even The Last Airbender and is weirdness.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I really need to rewatch Split. It left a great impression with me, but I don't know if that's just because of the ending or not. That was a holy shit moment and I'm so glad it wasn't spoiled for me. Gotta rewatch it though and see if the rest of the film holds up.

I didn't understand the connection with the ending as I hadn't watched Unbreakable or knew of the Universe. I thought it was great as a standalone movie. The cast is great with McAvoy being a standout.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
I was too hyped for Village not to be completely disappointed . It had all the makings of an awesome movie but M.Night wanted to overcook that shit by a lot.

That's when he definitely was starting to smell his own farts a lot more. Just a big ol' whiff

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
The soundtrack is wonderful, and the movie is very easy on the eyes. I also like the messiness of Lady in the Water, and its music.

The only Shyamalan movie I actively dislike is The Happening. Otherwise, I've always found something interesting to talk about in his flicks. Even The Last Airbender and is weirdness.

William Hurt and BDH are at the top of their game man. Just masterclass shit.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think he actually does. He could have easily passed on doing the cameo for Split, especially because when that was filming there was no guarantee it wouldn't be yet another dud for M Night.

The fact he agreed to do that makes me think this is a character he really wants to play again and wont phone it in

I'm just worried about his mental state. There have been some rumours that he has some form of early onset.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Haha were you so confused when Bruce Willis showed up?

I didn't think much of it at the time but was confused to see a lot of headlines about the shock ending. Girlfriend filled me in and ended up reading about the connection.

I've got to watch it at some point before this comes out.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't think much of it at the time but was confused to see a lot of headlines about the shock ending. Girlfriend filled me in and ended up reading about the connection.

I've got to watch it at some point before this comes out.
And you still haven't watched Unbreakable?! Stop everything and do it now!

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Really liked split and unbreakable.

Im steering clear of spoilers expecting weird shit to be going on in this film

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
a1.jpg
As great as Shia LaBoof being called the next Tom Hanks

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people still interested in these advertisements? Sorry, I mean "early impressions".
I get the doubt with festival movies, but people who go to early screenings want to let people know when something great is coming.

I hyped the shit out of John Wick when I got out of a screening and had no clue it'd be as well received as it was. People put themselves out on a limb with these.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Guessing the movie gets at least decent reviews considering the embargo is already going down tomorrow. Good sign at least

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if this movie has a twist like hes known for doing or if he forgoes that on this one

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Visit and Split didn't really have a twist like his previous films

David Dunn at the end of Split was maybe a twist but it was just a set up basically.

Yeah I havent watched The Visit but I kinda consider the ending of Split to be one, as before that you have no idea it's a sequel to Unbreakable

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The Visit and Split didn't really have a twist like his previous films

David Dunn at the end of Split was maybe a twist but it was just a set up basically.
David was still pretty much a 'twist' for viewers, which is what people mean I assume. And The Visit...

Finding out they're from a psych ward and not the grandparents is definitely the twist.

Nov 30, 2018
David was still pretty much a 'twist' for viewers, which is what people mean I assume. And The Visit...

Finding out they're from a psych ward and not the grandparents is definitely the
twist.

But they're not "he was dead the whole time" twist

Or the aliens in Signs

Or "The Monsters" in The Village being the villagers in an outfit

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
I'm happy that M. Night is back.

I still remember when the trailer for Devil played in theaters and as soon as "DIRECTED BY M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN" appeared the whole audience fucking groaned.

Haha where did you see that, because I had the EXACT same theater reaction when a trailer for Devil played when I saw Inception I think it was? All groans and laughs. Made me sad.

Now he's on a roll since ppl really likes the visit too... and I'm super stoked for glass

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yeah I havent watched The Visit but I kinda consider the ending of Split to be one, as before that you have no idea it's a sequel to Unbreakable

It doesn't really change the story though.

To me a twist is something that dramatically alters the perception of past events in the story.

Glass is unique but it's not a classic twist.

A lot of M Nights movies have pretty basic suspense / thriller twists too. Signs and The Village are the only ones that really are crazy twists.