• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
So, here's something I'm particularly confused about...I know that the Republican conspiracy machine has been working overtime and that the name is already floating out there, but how is it that Rand Paul can be shot down by the chief justice, then proceed to throw a tantrum and tweet out the suspected whistleblowers name, then throw another tantrum and hold a press conference where he announces the suspected whistleblowers name, and then throw a third tantrum where he announces the suspected whistleblowers name on the Senate floor accompanied by a big ass poster with the suspected whistleblowers name printed on it and not face any sort of repercussions? Is this simply another case of there are no penalties for wrongdoing if there isn't the politcal will to punish said actions?
The days of accountability are long over. It would have been a slap on the wrist at best anyway.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
giphy.gif

It's insane that were living in this timeline.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, here's something I'm particularly confused about...I know that the Republican conspiracy machine has been working overtime and that the name is already floating out there, but how is it that Rand Paul can be shot down by the chief justice, then proceed to throw a tantrum and tweet out the suspected whistleblowers name, then throw another tantrum and hold a press conference where he announces the suspected whistleblowers name, and then throw a third tantrum where he announces the suspected whistleblowers name on the Senate floor accompanied by a big ass poster with the suspected whistleblowers name printed on it and not face any sort of repercussions? Is this simply another case of there are no penalties for wrongdoing if there isn't the politcal will to punish said actions?

im actually somewhat excited to find out what his direct criminal connection is.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
im actually somewhat excited to find out what his direct criminal connection is.
It's got to be something, right? For all his insufferable, high minded libertarian blathering, I cant help but think that no one acts with such shameless, tranparently aggressive political hackery without being thoroughly compromised.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to checking this WaPo article, "The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun," to see why every GOP senator, and Trump's legal defense, cited it like some smoking gun.

...it's fucking nothing? It's an article about how some activist groups and the ACLU mobilized after the inauguration. It's got nothing to do with Congress.

How did anybody let that go unchallenged? We are still hearing them cite this bullshit this morning.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well this was an entertaining saga but alas we have to go through a middling and rushed series finale.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Pat Toomey: I'm voting to acquit President Trump. Here's why. | Opinion

"Do these actions rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors necessary to justify the most obviously anti-democratic act the Senate can engage in — overturning an election by convicting the president?" In 1999, then-Sen. Joe Biden answered his own question by voting against removing President Bill Clinton from office.

It is this constitutionally grounded framework — articulated well by Biden — that guided my review of President Donald Trump's impeachment and, ultimately, my decision to oppose his removal.

Here is what ultimately occurred: President Trump met with Ukraine's president and the aid was released after a brief pause. These actions happened without Ukraine announcing or conducting investigations. The idea that President Trump committed an impeachable offense by meeting with Ukraine's president at the United Nations in New York instead of Washington, D.C. is absurd. Moreover, the pause in aid did not hinder Ukraine's ability to combat Russia. In fact, as witnesses in the House stated, U.S. policy supporting Ukraine is stronger under President Trump than under President Barack Obama.

Eat shit, Toomey.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I finally got around to checking this WaPo article, "The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun," to see why every GOP senator, and Trump's legal defense, cited it like some smoking gun.

...it's fucking nothing? It's an article about how some activist groups and the ACLU mobilized after the inauguration. It's got nothing to do with Congress.

How did anybody let that go unchallenged? We are still hearing them cite this bullshit this morning.
They would still cite it even if challenged sadly. Feelings > Facts for the GOP.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be hilarious if he did get impeached by the senate, an out of nowhere result.

Just let me imagine for a little bit......

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
Jones is pretty fucked either way he chose to vote. Glad he chose the right way, though.

The rhetoric here in Alabama has been pretty dumb. Plenty of people have been saying, "We want Jones to vote to acquit Trump, but we're not going to vote for him regardless of how he votes."

I do think Jones has been posturing this whole time though. If you have been following, him based on his rhetoric there was no way he was going to vote to acquit.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Hope you all don't get too comfortable if the Democrats win this year. Toomey is up for re-election in 2022 and any Republican in a swing state being able to skate by on midterm apathy is bullshit.

Likewise for the Senate seats in Wisconsin, Iowa, North Carolina and Florida, any or all of which could be open (Johnson and Burr said they'd retire, Grassley's old, Rubio hates the Senate and wanted to retire once already).

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Trump doesn't get a 2nd term and all the chickens come home to roost finally, if you didn't acquit you're going to come out smelling like roses surely?

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Hope you all don't get too comfortable if the Democrats win this year. Toomey is up for re-election in 2022 and any Republican in a swing state being able to skate by on midterm apathy is bullshit.

Likewise for the Senate seats in Wisconsin, Iowa, North Carolina and Florida, any or all of which could be open (Johnson and Burr said they'd retire, Grassley's old, Rubio hates the Senate and wanted to retire once already).

As it happens, Toomey's my senator -- I'll be there first thing to vote his ass out.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of posts in this FB group I'm in that has a bunch of right wingers are slamming Pelosi for acting inappropriately for tearing the speech. Calling her lacking respect and class.

And as people that call themselves trump supporters this is a very interesting hill to die on given their preferred candidate.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Figures the assholes who stan for the biggest shitbag rapist to ever seek to twist the office of POTUS into an authoritarian dictatorship would get their pearls all clutched over this.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of posts in this FB group I'm in that has a bunch of right wingers are slamming Pelosi for acting inappropriately for tearing the speech. Calling her lacking respect and class.

And as people that call themselves trump supporters this is a very interesting hill to die on given their preferred candidate.

The SOTU was an 80minute reality tv show rally and she stole the news cycle in 5 seconds.

Power Move.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
She immediately took most of the wind out of the sails of all his soundbites with that, so if that was her intention (or hell, even if she was just genuinely done with all the shit) then more power to her.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Sen. Michael Bennet just gave a pretty strong speech about how pathetic the Senate is.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a deck I took from Swim, it's built around Demacia's Elite units with a few Ionia cards. But I've started to play against many elusives decks. So I tweaked the deck to have some control. Recalls, Detain, Deny, Purify. I've had some really good matches with the deck. I'll share it when I get home.

Already got to Silver III, I want to at least hit Gold. I went Silver (2013), Gold (2014), Platinum (2015), Gold (2016), Gold (2017) back when I still played ranked on League of Legends.

I want to beat that record, and don't want to miss any rewards for ranked if I can this time around. Even if it looks like for the open beta the rewards will only be a profile image?

I think you meant to post this in the Legends of Runeterra thread.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least I'll give this to Romney. Now Trump can't wave the banner that only Democrats voted to oust him.