• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I hear the name, I can't help but picture that "Mr. Lahey" as the one from Trailer Park Boys. :(

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Forget where I saw this via twitter (either in my feed or in a thread here) but "not reforming the US government after 1860 was a massive mistake" seems to be a very accurate take.
Yeah and it's ironic that the US has had major influence in shaping the german federal constitution (it's not perfect mind you). They had the right ideas but failed to capitalize on them for their own gain at home.

Chances someone like trump would ever win a majority in MMP are slim to none.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dems should just fuck with them at this point

"Amendment to call Both John Bolton and Joe Biden as witnesses" in the same amendment

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean why would anyone want to hear from a first hand witness who's willing to testify and was also the US National Security Advisor anyway?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Christ you guys, you can expect the worst in a situation and still feel fucking bad when it actually happens. It's not an excuse to not go vote, it's the opposite, but no shit people are feeling depressed about this. IT FUCKING SUCKS.

Oct 26, 2017
If you're in Georgia you could ferry involved with Fair Fight, an organization recently created by Stacy Abrams to fight voter suppression (and after today we're definitely going to need to combat that).

fairfight.com

Home | Fair Fight

Join our fight for free and fair elections!

For general voter outreach opportunities on your area, I used Vote Save America during the 2018 midterms. It's focused in primaries right now but will be a good resource for canvassing opportunities when we get closer to the general election.

votesaveamerica.com

Homepage | Vote Save America

Vote Save America is the one-stop shop for everything you need to get informed, get involved, and get out the vote in the most important election of our lifetime.

Ah, thank you! I follow Fair Fight already. I should volunteer with them. I have pretty bad social anxiety but I'll try my best.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Collins and Romney voted to Subpoena Bolton individually after tabling the wider motion to get more than just Bolton. So not a 'show vote' per se, since they've now shown to be consistent, but it's stupid nonetheless.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing comes after, just the cold darkness.
I mean today has proven the president has absolute immunity which means ultimately he has absolute power. I'm certain a trump who does not have to fear repercussions will try to extend his tenure as president as long as possible because that means he can't be touched by the other charges that will come for him.

Make an effort to change it. Go vote.
I can't unfortunately since i'm not american.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
So instead of voting no, they made Murkowski vote "no, no and no, I don't want to hear Bolton!"
Clever.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Ok did I say not to vote or anything like that? Where are you getting that from? All I said is the election will be rigged to hell. It's gonna be difficult to win.
You didn't say to vote either so what am I supposed to take away from your post other than bad fearmongering. Say everything you mean to say.

Nothing to respond with concerning what I said about 2018?

Hey All, can someone please place very specific instructions on how to register to vote ASAP?

+Repeat it over & over again.....

Hint: It's Super easy but last minute is not an option.

For the common good.

Thank you
yogurt and I made one for 2018. I suspect we'll do the same soon.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Hope there is some kind of public blowback but atm I'm exhausted and feels like the only people that give a shit are on era

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This is the outcome I long since assumed, but it's still depressing. This country is fucked.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We knew he'd be acquitted in the senate the moment impeachment talks began

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Russia already helped Trump in 2016 and while he won and would claim that it was a landslide victory, it wasn't. Hillary, being a very unpopular candidate, still walked away with more votes.

In 2018, Russia again tried to manipulate voters, but it ended up being a big turnout for Dems. Lost a few senate seats due to which seats were being voted on at the time, but Dems won the house by a large margin.

Trump and the GOP weren't going to stop letting outside interference help their chances no matter what happened today. The only difference is that now their are a lot of Americans who are asking themselves why Republicans are unwilling to question a guy who had worked for Trump who recently wrote about Trump offering a QPQ. A lot of voters are idiots, mind you, but there are enough independents that are questioning the GOP's decision and a few Republicans who aren't proud that their candidate asked Ukraine for help (most are going to be all "fuck you, got mine", but there are still a few Republican voters who dislike the thought of a foreign government meddling in our politics).

If anything, this vote helps Dems. It helps piss off/excite the left, pushes independents closer to voting Dems this November, and allows for the potential for a lot of good future attack ads.
A big difference is in 2016 the US government wasn't helping Russia help Trump. The interference in 2020 will be even worse. What if they hack the whole ballot?