• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Trumps prop gonna tweet something sick like "vindication" or "time to round up the traitor Dems!"
Definitely. The State of the Union is going to be even more unwatchable than usual, I imagine. He'll be going on a victory lap as a mountain of more evidence just gets dumped out now that there's not even a glimmer of hope of a trail (let a lone a fair one) in the Senate.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
For the folks discussing Romney, remember: him voting yes for witnesses was never going to matter at all and is something he can do to claim he did all he could to ensure a fair trial.

Rather than this, pay closer attention to the way he votes when it's time for conviction vs. acquittal. That will be the larger measuring stick for him.

Oct 25, 2017
We *always* knew this was going to be the result. Remember, we still got what we wanted: Donald Trump is Impeached. This Senate trial has underscored how corrupt Republicans are and have ultimately forced Trump's defense to be "I did it, I'm guilty, but my team votes for me anyway!" -- the American people will know this, and now we need to take that newfound excitement and anger and focus that like a laser on this upcoming election. We will kick Donald Trump out the old-fashioned way, and this will lube the works so that we can hold onto the House and make a real push for the Senate.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Schumer and McConnell will be talking to find an agreement, they could go back and go on or McConnell could adjourn.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. Hopefully this is the worst it gets, that it's the last straw for many voters.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the witnesses really mattered. I think the republicans who have been interviewed gave their stance pretty clearly. They think the crime happened, but it's a judgement call on if it's enough to remove the president and they (most of the GOP) think it isn't. Witnesses wouldn't have changed that since it seems like most of them already know the crime did happen, further evidence wouldn't change their stance on if it's worth removing a sitting president for.

Hopefully it motivates more people to get out and vote.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
It's happening exactly like people thought would happen.

This hopefully effects the election in Dems favor.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Genuine question concerning the witnesses: since Trump had blocked the House's request for witnesses, what would stop him from doing it again w/ the Senate?

Oct 25, 2017
For the folks discussing Romney, remember: him voting yes for witnesses was never going to matter at all and is something he can do to claim he did all he could to ensure a fair trial.

Rather than this, pay closer attention to the way he votes when it's time for conviction vs. acquittal. That will be the larger measuring stick for him.

If there were two less Republicans Romney and Collins 100% would have voted no. Their moderate stance is just an act. At least people are waking up on truth behind Collins.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
If this lead to dems winning the senat and presidency, then it was all worth it.

I guess this is the big question. Aside from the 30 million that are absolute loyalists no matter what, how many others in the USA are motivated to vote against Trump in November? Should Republicans feel confident that this is just another notch on the belt on the way eliminating elections entirely someday, and keeping a Republican Monarch in power, or should they be afraid now that millions of Americans are angry enough to vote this out?

At this point, considering how much pro-Conservative high-fiving I see on social media, I have a hard time knowing just how many Americans are horrified by this, and how many want a king again. I really have no idea how to judge the numbers for the next election.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Why the "Umm.."? What's to stop Trump from doing anything illegal now, including declaring the next election invalid if he loses?

What was to stop him from doing anything illegal before? We all knew how the impeachment was gonna turn out. It's all up to the voters now.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
You know I thought we'd squeeze by and get some witnesses, and Republicans would just ignore the testimonies and acquit anyways. I thought we'd at least get that much, but it's not even worth it to the GOP to try and look somewhat honorable.

Genuine question concerning the witnesses: since Trump had blocked the House's request for witnesses, what would stop him from doing it again w/ the Senate?

He would try if needed, but he's already done exactly that by threatening retribution against the calling of ANY witnesses

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah this looks terrible for the GOP, but why would optics matter when you can rig the next election?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the witnesses really mattered. I think the republicans who have been interviewed gave their stance pretty clearly. They think the crime happened, but it's a judgement call on if it's enough to remove the president and they (most of the GOP) think it isn't. Witnesses wouldn't have changed that since it seems like most of them already know the crime did happen, further evidence wouldn't change their stance on if it's worth removing a sitting president for.

Hopefully it motivates more people to get out and vote.

I really wonder what any Republican could consider is an impeachable offense for a Republican president. Probably something to do with supporting abortion.

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
So many people still having faith in a fair election come November, where do you get this optimism from? I don't trust this system anymore, not at all. Rigged voting machines, gerrymandering, a president and senate guilty of election tampering and coverup, welcomes foreign interference, a justice//judicial/intelligence apparatus that is completely on the take for the cheating side. How, how can we go forward like this? There is no adult in the room to over see or fix this.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
If there were two less Republicans Romney and Collins 100% would have voted no. Their moderate stance is just an act. At least people are waking up on truth behind Collins.
For what it's worth, I predicted a day or few ago that Romney would vote in favor of witnesses in a futile effort, and then turn around and vote for acquittal in the ultimate decision so as to maintain party unity and remove any potential talking points about "bipartisan support for Trump's removal." I believe this has been the plan for him all along. This just gives him some bullshit cover to claim that he did things by the book but without witnesses, the House Managers' case just wasn't quite strong enough to convince him. It's all part of the show.

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
If the Dems can win the election Republicans got caught trying to rig and now have the greenlight to do whatever they can to rig then we'll all be saved.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Granted we all knew this was coming, but it's still fucking bonkers that they are allowed to get away with not having witnesses at a trial.