• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the argument they're making here is that the only time you can impeach a president is if the enabling party decides to do so as well. That's how Republicans broke this system to begin with. By having all their members stop using their own brains and instead just follow the marching orders of the person on top. There's no such thing as the presidents party holding him accountable if they are afraid to go against him.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Dershowitz saying if you don't think you have 2/3 of the Senate as a "Yes" when you should vote "No," even if you think he's guilty.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Nixon's decision was accepted because he took it upon himself to remove himself, Dersh. Trump isn't even that honorable.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
So you wanted to get further clarification on Ukraine's interest in "fighting corruption" and you did so by trying to not let Ukraine know (as well as Congress like you're supposed to)?

neat

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Lindsey Graham in October:

"If you could show me that Trump actually was engaging in a quid pro quo, outside the phone call, that would be very disturbing"

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't more attention brought to the fact that they wanted Ukraine to publicly announce the Biden investigation.

What more do you need to know to understand the intention of the entire plot?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
For anyone who missed this

Jay Sekulow. "I'm going to pour gasoline on this"

Adam Schiff " I brought a flamethrower"

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Parnas just said on Anderson Cooper that Lindsay Graham knew about the Ukraine scheme and was in the loop.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
imrs.php

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Why isn't more attention brought to the fact that they wanted Ukraine to publicly announce the Biden investigation.

What more do you need to know to understand the intention of the entire plot?
Do the Republicans even admit that that happened? I thought they were still on "no evidence, all hearsay, la la can't hear you" as the big message, with other defenses (eg "it's okay, he thought his political career was in the US's best interests") only arguments as hypotheticals if he had done that thing they won't admit he did.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Been stuck at work all day. So, is the consensus that Bolton won't testify and the GOP is going to move for an acquittal within the next few days?
This is, admittedly, just my personal and pessimistic speculation, but my belief is that the vote for witnesses will be debated and eventually voted down on Friday (with Romney and perhaps one or two others voting in favor just as part of their show--Mitch has indicated most recently that he believes he has the votes for this now), and McConnel by the end of Friday's session will call for a final vote that falls completely on party lines (including the few R's who supported witness testimony). Gives Trump's team the entire weekend to gloat to all the Sunday morning news shows and Trump can spend the bulk of his State of the Union next week patting himself on the back and demonizing house Dems. I find it really hard to envision it going almost any other way.

After that point, the fate of the country rides on November.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm seriously concerned that Trump is getting ready to pull a Hitler. He will claim there is a coup trying to remove him, claim "emergency powers", and that's it - dictatorship.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
I'm seriously concerned that Trump is getting ready to pull a Hitler. He will claim there is a coup trying to remove him, claim "emergency powers", and that's it - dictatorship.
Well to be honest Cohen did worn us to this that he will never go down without a fight.
But if it comes to it you can sleep well by knowing that the secret service works for the doj and the treasury department not for the white house.
If they get the order from doj they will drag him out.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well to be honest Cohen did worn us to this that he will never go down without a fight.
But if it comes to it you can sleep well by knowing that the secret service works for the doj and the treasury department not for the white house.
If they get the order from doj they will drag him out.
You mean orders from trump lackey William bar good luck with that