• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
That was it?! "Ignore any involvement of Giuliani because he was just in Ukraine to defend Trump in the Mueller investigation"? Good lord.

That has to have only come up as a reminder that Trump got off from the Barr-scrubbed conclusions of the report last year. Like it was a defense of Rudy but only built in as a reminder of Trump's old "win."

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Philbin reminds me of McLovin

61WF%2B7R3QML._SL1082_.jpg

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This doofus is lying out his ass. Trump manages to hire the worst of the worst. Always and forever.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
"Cross examination of witnesses is the most important part of the process"

Alright good thing the Senate can call for witnesses to come and question them themselves, and correct the error made by the House, right?

Right?

Oct 25, 2017
"so-called", right after blabbering about due process. Also, "cross examening witnesses" is something the Senate has to do, not the House, as I understand it.

Good job making the other side's case?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Ahaha the whistleblower... after the president said basically he should be shot like a traitor ? It sure is odd we didn't learn more about his identity and sources !

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
So did I misunderstand what he's saying, or did he say that it was not okay to prevent evidence in prior investigations but we don't want evidence now because those prior investigations show he's innocent?

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
This dude can't be serious. Hes trying so hard to normalize Trump's deranged behavior. We shouldn't try to pursue new evidence and witnesses?

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
So did I misunderstand what he's saying, or did he say that it was not okay to prevent evidence in prior investigations but we don't want evidence now because those prior investigations show he's innocent?

The argument is that the Senate should not do anything (IE Call Witnesses) because the House doesn't have enough evidence. This is because, in many cases, officials did not comply with subpoenas. The only other way this could have ever gone is if the House waited for the legal issues regarding blanket executive privilege to be cleared up. Issue with that is this whole thing could be delayed indefinitely.

Executive Privilege is asserted in a number of prior cases but I don't believe it's ever been abused to the point of being 100% uncooperative like it is currently.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
"for 50 years, things like this happened and we're just carrying on with those ideas"

Guess he's not "draining the swamp" then, huh

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Are they saying that Trump invoked executive privilege?? But he hasn't used it, he been trying the house in court battles.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Are they saying that Trump invoked executive privilege?? But he hasn't used it, he been trying the house in court battles.
Of course they're arguing it. Trump didn't invoke privilege because that would require material to be made available and reviewed before a decision being made. Stonewalling while saying it was privilege without invoking it gave the perfect PR cover.

They're just muddying the waters and saying the Dems were trying to subvert the process, which is obviously the opposite of what happened.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
This entire presentation is predicated on something that has not happened (Trump asserting actual, specific privileges) and complaining about process being uncivil.