• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Like a trial for a snake oil salesman with 3 days of monumental evidence and then the defense is like "What if I told you that I possess a a cure all elixir?".

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone knows Pence is a Republican, right?

Probably. They also realize the current President has obstructed justice, sought foreign political assistance multiple times (including requesting the commission of crimes), has obstructed congress at every turn and recently assasinated a major government official in a hostile nation.

Hear me out, people might be thinking of implications beyond political ones.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Now they're trying to argue that getting a meeting in the white house is no big deal.
I mean...

kid-rock-lol

Oct 25, 2017
Guy talks for 20 minutes and pretends that that's enough to be an exhaustive argument.

I mean, so far they're literally just stating the same thing over and over. "Zelinsky didn't say he was pressured!"

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Probably. They also realize the current President has obstructed justice, sought foreign political assistance multiple times (including requesting the commission of crimes), has obstructed congress at every turn and recently assasinated a major government official in a hostile nation.

Hear me out, people might be thinking of implications beyond political ones.

I'm talking about the idea of "overturning an election" as if somehow Hilary becomes President if he's removed.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol! Republican lawyer complaining about the impeachment process in the house going too fast! Complaining trump couldn't call witnesses or cross examine!

Oh God! He's saying that cross examination is the key to due process! He said the house was trying to rush things through just to beat a deadline! Arrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm talking about the idea of "overturning an election" as if somehow Hilary becomes President if he's removed.
Everything is about Donald Trump in the Trump administration. Everything. Anyone who supports anything besides Donald Trump is an enemy of Donald Trump, and the Trump voting base, which is a rabid and motivated majority of the GOP base in 2020, will not tolerate enemies of Trump.

If the GOP thought they could jettison Trump painfree across the ballot and cruise to a victory in 2020 with Mike Pence and the Senators and Representatives up for reelection doing the same, they would remove him. But Mike Pence being President instead of Donald Trump is unacceptable to Trump's base, and anyone who lined up for that would get destroyed.

Despite the too-clever-by-half claims that Mitch McConnell is the sneaky most powerful person in America, he's not. It's Donald Trump. The GOP is utterly terrified of Trump casting them out, backing a primary challenger, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's campaign did do tons of shit for Russia. So many of his people went to jail. It was only Trump that they couldn't directly prove was involved without some level of doubt.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
You know, if they were really so worried and upset that Trump's counsel wasn't at the House hearings and couldn't question witnesses (as far as I thought, they were at least free to honor the subpoenas and attend the public hearings, they didn't), there's still an easy way to remedy that and get your part of the case across.
Call for the Senate to allow witnesses. Bring them in and question them yourself if you really want to. They could use this part of the process as a remedy to the second impeachment article on its own. But of course they won't. They don't actually need to.

Vote in November.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So's how about those witnesses and documents...?

And are they really wrapping already?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you say they wrapped up, does that mean they only used like 2 hours of their 24 hours defense??? Or is there more to come?

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Them only using 2 of the 3 hours they had on a Saturday morning isn't something to read into too much, I don't think. Remember that most of this defense is going to exist for Trump's personal viewing, he's already admitted he doesn't like the Saturday presentation for ratings' sake, and we know his attention span can't handle much. This is probably about as much as they wanted to handle to get the talking points out, and will save the longer-form defense for next week when Trump can tune in and out while doing other things.

The one thing that surprises me about today is that I don't think they actually delved into the Biden side of things at all? For all of Lindsey Graham and Sekulow's bluster about it toward the end of yesterday I expected that to be more of a focal point.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The effort they're making says it all (suggesting that they won't use much of the scheduled 21 hours either).

Oct 25, 2017
Them only using 2 of the 3 hours they had on a Saturday morning isn't something to read into too much, I don't think. Remember that most of this defense is going to exist for Trump's personal viewing, he's already admitted he doesn't like the Saturday presentation for ratings' sake, and we know his attention span can't handle much. This is probably about as much as they wanted to handle to get the talking points out, and will save the longer-form defense for next week when Trump can tune in and out while doing other things.

The one thing that surprises me about today is that I don't think they actually delved into the Biden side of things at all? For all of Lindsey Graham and Sekulow's bluster about it toward the end of yesterday I expected that to be more of a focal point.

I can buy this. As always, gop only ever speaking to their fuhrer, not the people.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Do they even need to put effort into the defense? McConnell most likely already has every vote secured that he needs to kill impeachment.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I mean, I would be grateful if I was in the room that they are wrapping up early because I wasn't getting the impression they had much else to say.

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans out there pretending that this is all they need to hear. One person saying "it only took these two hours to shred the Democrats argument"

Prepare to hear a lot of that.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
These people are ridiculous. The gop getting on camera and saying today they got the evidence and the facts and the Democrats showed nothing in the last few days.