• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Had to take the subway and the stream cut off right when Schiff finished and people started applauding.
Powerful....and depressing knowing so few if any Republicans will be brave.

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a whole lot less likely than my last five copies of Control giveaway. But I'm throwing it down. If the Senate votes to remove from office, I will give away five copies of Doom: Eternal. Or if he resigns. Or even if he decides not to run for reelection. Rip and tear Era, until it is done.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a whole lot less likely than my last five copies of Control giveaway. But I'm throwing it down. If the Senate votes to remove from office, I will give away five copies of Doom: Eternal. Or if he resigns. Or even if he decides not to run for reelection. Rip and tear Era, until it is done.
What platforms?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

I wonder if Vegas takes bets on this as I'd place my life savings against all three. (Dying of a heart attack wouldn't count)

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If we're talking things that will never happen if he gets removed I'd buy 5 people a next gen console lol

Oct 25, 2017
Nice of you either way.

What was the trigger for the Control giveaway? Can't remember

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pledged with Collins-like courage! 😏

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing feels like such a farse. He has the majority so he can get away with it. That's all it comes down to.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I've been home watching and I somehow must have missed this. This is amazing. He just wasn't paying attention and must have just grabbed something he thought he heard to be indignant about.
Seems that way. I don't know how Republicans will be able to compare and contrast Sekulow and Schiff and go "yeah, I'm going with the guy who complained about lawyer lawsuits." At least it seems like (according to Chuck Schumer and others) that Republicans were paying close attention to Schiff's presentation. Even a partisan hack like Lindsey Graham reportedly congratulated Schiff.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
It's very easy actually. They just have to ask themselves which one is a Republican.
Yeah. They'll only compare and contrast which "side" each is on. What actually gets said won't factor in to anything.
I'm hoping that maybe, maybe a miracle might happen and by the end, after being forced to sit through all most of the House Members case some might do the right thing. But it's a very, very thin hope.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. They'll only compare and contrast which "side" each is on. What actually gets said won't factor in to anything.
I'm hoping that maybe, maybe a miracle might happen and by the end, after being forced to sit through all most of the House Members case some might do the right thing. But it's a very, very thin hope.

tumblr_nn15zwyqP91tkikado1_500.jpg

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I always think the Dem team is doing a good job. Laying down facts, timelines, and easy to digest points. Then you get angry dude on the Rep side arguing in passion over a thing that wasn't even said by the Dem side.

Then I wait until the newscasters come in and chime their opinions of what happened. They almost always say the Rep side has no defense for anything that is being said, but the Dem side is too word heavy and they aren't arguing anything we already haven't heard before.

I very much dislike the "impartial" analysis every news network seems to have to abide to. When one side is clearly in the wrong, it should be easy to just state as such without trying to dig into one sentence the Dems said that they don't like. Guess that means I shouldn't watch these things on cable for my blood pressure.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
For the people plugging into this constantly, yes....there's really nothing "new" coming out of the Dem side. We know the story, we know the facts, we know what happened.

But most of the public isn't listening to all 8, 9, 10 hours of this "trial". They're maybe plugged in for an hour here or there. That is the group that this is trying to reach to. the "casuals". So yes, there is a lot of repeating of things. There is a lot of hearing the same facts over and over and over again.

It's necessary for what the goal is.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the people plugging into this constantly, yes....there's really nothing "new" coming out of the Dem side. We know the story, we know the facts, we know what happened.

But most of the public isn't listening to all 8, 9, 10 hours of this "trial". They're maybe plugged in for an hour here or there. That is the group that this is trying to reach to. the "casuals". So yes, there is a lot of repeating of things. There is a lot of hearing the same facts over and over and over again.

It's necessary for what the goal is.

Not to mention that some of the "casuals" are in the fucking chamber itself.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of an aside, but since Senators are ultimately the jurors, should they have followed the House investigation in any way? Or should they have gone out of their way to avoid hearing any news?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Did this whole "Lawyer lawsuits" thing happen yesterday? What on earth? lmao

I had just resumed listening in the car when this happened so I had missed Val Denning's opening statement when she was talking about the FOIA lawsuits. I was scratching my head all day wondering what this dumbfuck was talking abour.

Wish this was getting more coverage because it plainly shows how fucking unpreprared and ill equipped Trump's team is. They even doubled down on the "lawyer lawsuits" misreading when they were asked about it later.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I had just resumed listening in the car when this happened so I had missed Val Denning's opening statement when she was talking about the FOIA lawsuits. I was scratching my head all day wondering what this dumbfuck was talking abour.

Wish this was getting more coverage because it plainly shows how fucking unpreprared and ill equipped Trump's team is. They even doubled down on the "lawyer lawsuits" misreading when they were asked about it later.
The less prepared the president's lawyers are and the more they look like bumbling idiots (especially compared to the house managers) the worse it will look when the Republican senators try to acquit the president. So it's really important that moments like this get as much airtime as possible.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is today still Dem opening arguments, or did that wrap up last night at 9:30? Is today the republican parade of idiots?