• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Dems are playing for posterity. The GOP are criminally complicit in many of the crimes and coverup of said crimes involving the Trump organization from even pre-election.

Most of us knew what the score would be once it got to the Senate. The Repubs aren't just fighting for Trump, they're fighting for themselves, not only in a "I need to get reelected by the Trump cult" way, but many also in a "my ass is going to a federal or state prison and name/career destroyed" kind of way. So it's to their advantage that minimal evidence sees the light before election 2020. Even if witnesses allowed, the final vote is sadly but expectedly guaranteed.

We're tired of the argument that impeachment is useless because the senate will acquit. Acquittal of @realDonaldTrump in 2020 by Moscow Mitch et al. may happen, but will have the same credibility as an all white jury acquitting a Mississippi Klansman in 1965. Voters know that.

But it's more important that the Dems continue hounding the facts and shaming the GOP. This is for the history books, and not in that sappy bullshit way but literally law will need to be rewritten after these events.

This is for future congresspeople and lawyers and judges to disseminate, and hopefully not too much future but literally next year future after the Dems win the trifecta and make headways in state governments. Because a part of me is optimistic that in this information war, impeachment is the greatest tool the Dems have. Not only do they control the narrative in the House, but they've absolutely shone a light and will continue shining a light on the absolute filth that is the GOP.

And after the coverup concludes, the House can continue releasing their evidence. Hold some hearings with Parnas and Rick Gates. McGahn too after the courts clear that up. And of course after the cases involving his tax returns is resolved and we criss-cross that with what we know from emoluments cases and Mueller grand jury material, then even more evidence of crimes can be released months before the election. Stack it on and make every white lily suburb in USA choke on it.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Dems are playing for posterity. The GOP are criminally complicit in many of the crimes and coverup of said crimes involving the Trump organization from even pre-election.

Most of us knew what the score would be once it got to the Senate. The Repubs aren't just fighting for Trump, they're fighting for themselves, not only in a "I need to get reelected by the Trump cult" way, but many also in a "my ass is going to a federal or state prison and name/career destroyed" kind of way. So it's to their advantage that minimal evidence sees the light before election 2020. Even if witnesses allowed, the final vote is sadly but expectedly guaranteed.

But it's more important that the Dems continue hounding the facts and shaming the GOP. This is for the history books, and not in that sappy bullshit way but literally law will need to be rewritten after these events.

This is for future congresspeople and lawyers and judges to disseminate, and hopefully not too much future but literally next year future after the Dems win the trifecta and make headways in state governments. Because a part of me is optimistic that in this information war, impeachment is the greatest tool the Dems have. Not only do they control the narrative in the House, but they've absolutely shone a light and will continue shining a light on the absolute filth that is the GOP.

And after the coverup concludes, the House can continue releasing their evidence. Hold some hearings with Parnas and Rick Gates. McGahn too after the courts clear that up. And of course after the cases involving his tax returns is resolved and we criss-cross that with what we know from emoluments cases and Mueller grand jury material, then even more evidence of crimes can be released months before the election. Stack it on and make every white lily suburb in USA choke on it.

Ha
That guys name is Dick Painter

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel like mitch should just record him saying

"I'd like to table the amendment and I ask for the Yay's and Ney's"

and set it as a google home action.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

uhh wtf

It appears Republican Senator Marcia Blackburn was just caught doing a live interview on Fox News instead of sitting in the Senate chamber.

EO2yumEX0AAp6Nj

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
If they loose the presidency and the Senate then they will be kicking themselves big time. But the Senate is a long shot.
Kicking themselves how? Dems struggle to pass anything with power, and then let the GOP whine and cry about being unfair and "reaching across the aisle." While taking 3 years to pass the ACA, only to habe the GOP shit on it the second they got power back.

The cycle has been going since '84 at the latest. Just since November the GOP whined about private hearings, turned public, being too slow. And now theyre trying to make everything fast and private while obstructing justice.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
It seems the US is corrupt as fuck if you can do whatever you want as long as you have the seats it takes to not get caught

Land of the free and democracy my ass

Gabe323

Oct 18, 2019
Totally believe this life long democrat calling into cspan expressing his disappointment in the dems.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Well up to 2 hours. The dems will use nearly an hour and then the GOP will shitter out some nonsense for a few minutes.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
How are these old men holding their bladders in between talking points? These guys usually have prostates the size of an orange.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I wrote Lisa Murkowski and told her I was disappointed with her votes today.

Issue is, she votes with the Ds she loses next election, she votes with the Rs and she might survive the primary.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
I'm convinced a lot of these Senators are in the Fox News bubble and literally haven't heard any facts until today.
You're giving them way too much credit. The Republican Senators know what happened but decided party over country thus far.

They're pretending to follow the same rules as for Clinton's trial, during which they voted later to call witnesses. Collins already said today that although she's voting against the amendments, she's likely to vote to call witnesses. I don't trust them but it could actually happen, the question is how many are they.

Dems are doing their job, they're explaining why they wanted to subpoena the documents and witnesses they asked for. They want to show the public that the trial is unfair.
Right, but iirc people who watched the House impeachment closely are those who've already made up their minds. Those who haven't didn't care. I doubt the actual Senate trial will be different... there aren't even any interesting witnesses so far (House at least had that).

I think people are just taking whatever pleasure they can out of this situation in which case it's kind of nice seeing McConnell get marginally annoyed.
I guess I can see that. Sad state of affairs though :(.

Not sure if optimistic is how I would describe myself, but I think the arguments in favor of evidence/witnesses is good enough that we will get there with the 4 GOP senators we need. Could be wrong though, but those senators are severely damaged politically if they get on the wrong side of history here on that issue...
The Republican Senators that complain about Trump have always been all talk and no action thus far. I really see no reason for it to be different. Every line he's crossed, they've kept silent, so I sadly don't think anything's going to change now. I don't think they'll be damaged at all given the rest of the Republican party is already for calling no witnesses. At best I'm expecting a couple crossovers, but enough to be short (thus the defections get to look good, but they ultimately get what they want).

This is the thing:

Alot of people don't know beyond a basic soundbite. Thankfully, the soundbite was "Fucking Mobster-in-Chief extorted Ukraine to help him in the next election", because mostly, the soundbite have been warped or presoftened by the crowd that protects and cultivates said mobster-in-chief.
Information wars are a thing we must all come to understand.
While true that people only know soundbites, in this day and age people choose the soundbite they care to listen to. I said this earlier, but with the house trials, undecideds didn't care to watch. The rest had already made up their mind. If that's still the same, it'll sadly make no difference at all....