• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I know comedy is subjective and stuff

But please don't circulate that elmo video as an example of "what progressives find funny."

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would just open it up. Who cares if they get to call up Hunter Biden? Just let them call whoever the hell they want on both sides.

I don't think the dems care at this point. Republicans don't want it because they know even if they do call Biden, they're not going to get shit. Their only choice is to try and bury this because they know they're fucked when it comes to reality. Pretty much like always.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess they want 3 days of opening arguments instead of 2.

So does that mean they will go to 1AM EST for the next two days?

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
He does a fantastic job of convincing me (Schiff) but the problem is he isn't going to be able to convince Senate Republicans. Unless something mind blowing happens.

Oct 25, 2017
Schiff misses the oath that all Republicans have sworn to Trump first. It's literally the only thing that matters to any of them. Trump and his voters have flat out has stated multiple times that loyalty to him is the only thing that actually matters if you want to be a Republican.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Schiff is so much better at this than most people.

But yeah, It is a shame the GOP Is so "party over country" and are essentially going to walk around with their fingers in the ears.

There is something nice about having the GOP senators sit in silence for multiple days.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As long as Republicans have political clout, this nation is never going to recover. And the GOP base don't care. Those people are a cancer to the world and this trial will prove it, among other things.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Schiff is a boss. GoP can fuck right off. This is painfully, openly, theatrics. It would take a miracle to get 45 out of office, or to get the Dems peacefully in power. Right now it appears that the GoP are basically an invading force backed by big business and foreign powers with ill intent.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I don't think the dems care at this point. Republicans don't want it because they know even if they do call Biden, they're not going to get shit. Their only choice is to try and bury this because they know they're fucked when it comes to reality. Pretty much like always.

I don't know what they would even ask him. "Did you get hired because your dad is VP of the USA?" "Probably".

Oct 27, 2017
There's literally nothing that could change the republican vote on this. They're just going through the motions they are required to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Republican strategy here is to hope that America continues to not care about what any of their political representatives do. Or at least that enough don't care. It's a pretty good bet that American apathy continues to win the day.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
People here saying "this won't change Republicans' minds." Schiff knows that obviously. This isn't for them. This is him speaking to the American people. Painting a picture for them.

Everyone knows the GOP can't be convinced.

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly Trump could have a high school debater as his lawyer and it wouldn't matter. GOP would smile and nod.

I mean, most of Trump's supporters can't even process the arguments Schiff is presenting here because they're flat out too dumb to understand it. All Trump's lawyers have to do is say "NUH UH, YOU'RE WRONG AND A TRAITOR" and his voters would be convinced. Hell, they think Schiff speaking anything more than a three syllable word is proof enough that he's wrong and insidious.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Schiff is so slick turning a borning rules debate into a prosecutor's argument already.

Also, more than speaking skills, I admire his ability to prsent his case with conviction even though he knows half the audience won't be swaysed by his words no matter how well he makes the case.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the rebuttal from Trump's lawyers is going to be such a pile of garbage. They're going to ignore all of this and just say "WITCH HUNT! PRESIDENT CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS."

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I feel sorry for Schiff here because this is not anything that any trump dumbass will listen to. The lawyers will put on a fucking sham.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Adam Schiff is one of those people I really like to look up to right now. Amazing guy.

MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
God, you all are so negative on this.

I believe the GOP has the capacity to remove Trump from office.

Is it likely? No, absolutely not.

But let's allow the possibility to exist.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017

Its hard to be optimistic at this point when the GOP haven't showed a lick of having any sort of spine.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If a Republican Senator did vote to impeach hypothetically, would they be out of a job next election guaranteed?

Just wondering long game, does backing Trump actually screw them?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

They don't, dude, but we're still up for hearing Schiff absolutely destroy these fuckers in front of the nation. These sorts of things can do a lot to sway public opinion, and it's still very promising.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
If a Republican Senator did vote to impeach hypothetically, would they be out of a job next election guaranteed?

Just wondering long game, does backing Trump actually screw them?
Nope, some of them are vulnerable. ~10 or so iirc.
They don't, dude, but we're still up for hearing Schiff absolutely destroy these fuckers in front of the nation. These sorts of things can do a lot to sway public opinion, and it's still very promising.
Exactly. And it's working.