• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I said to my TV "of course he said irregardless". These are some Michael Scott politicians.

They're all fucking idiots ugh

Some of the dumbest people in the world are sitting in that house, representing americans

Dude is arguing in such bad faith, holy fuck.

He has to put it on hard here, because he's representing the entire GOP defiance of the impeachment. Bad faith arguing is all they do.

Oct 27, 2017
That's his job, basically, lol.
LJ3oAOE.jpg

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't think anything will happen. He either gets impeached then not removed from power or he doesn't get impeached and again nothing happens.

its a fucking shame what this country is.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
He's not thinking for himself at all. Like do you actually tell him that he's basically letting TV and radio tell him what to think rather than reviewing all the info on his own?

Believe me, it's a waste of my time.

He's so far down this rabbit hole that he's never going to come out of it.

I try to avoid talking politics for my sanity.

Last time I tried I got hit back with a Soros, Clinton, Deep State, Drain the Swamp combo.

His ability to listen to reason has been GOP'd out of his brain. He's bit down on their bullshit, hook line and sinker.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The only point he made is about Schumer asking for witnesses but the House kind of just giving up on them. Can someone explain that to me?

Oct 27, 2017
We seriously have a media-run state in the U.S. Orwell's 1984 warned society about a state-run media however the U.S. has the complete inverse right now, a media-run state where the Republicans constantly allows Fox News to inform their votes and talking points, that's a prime example of a media-run state.
It's almost like the Murdochs are the puppeteers across the U.S., U.K., and Australia...

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recently watched The Great Hack on Netflix, it clearly showed how Cambridge Analytica directly caused the extreme polarization that the American society is currently experiencing. It also showed how dangerous personal data is when it's in the wrong hands (Facebook, Cambridge Analytica, etc.) and how people can be manipulated using psyops tactics from the military to agree or disagree on something.

rundisneyrpg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nadler is horrible. They better limit his talking. It's so lifeless. They need to stop regurgitating the facts and go after the republicans lies everytime they lie.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I'm not a follower of US politics. Wasn't this impeachment an impossibility because of a 90% republican senate or something like that? What changed?

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry, I'm not a follower of US politics. Wasn't this impeachment an impossibility because of a 90% republican senate or something like that? What changed?

Impeachment isn't removal from office. He won't be removed due to the cowardice of the Senate Republicans, but he will be impeached.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
100% chance of impeachment. Near 0% for removal/acquittal.

Impeachment is the process, removal is the result.

It's about optics mostly and to sway public opinion. Also, bonus of the dems actually doing their jobs.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

1. House votes on articles of impeachment.
2. Senate votes to remove from office.

This is 1. Once completed he has been impeached but not removed from office.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
It is probably a good representation though.
Right. I lived in Doug Collins' district until last month and he is the political mirror image of the people that live there. Lots of stupid, stubborn, angry, racists people live in northeast GA, so of course, that's the kind of person they'll elect to represent them. He's just the professional version of it.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
We seriously have a media-run state in the U.S. Orwell's 1984 warned society about a state-run media however the U.S. has the complete inverse right now, a media-run state where the Republicans constantly allows Fox News to inform their votes and talking points, that's a prime example of a media-run state.

Oh come on, have they asked us to accept two opposite views at once? Changed spoken statements after the fact? Denied confirmed facts as false? Told us not to beleive what we see and hear, only what they tell us? Oh wait, yes, yes they have.

newspeak - ambiguous euphemistic language used chiefly in political propaganda.

doublethink - the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.

malquoted – flaws or inaccurate presentations of Party or Big Brother-related matters by the press

rectify – used by the Ministry of Truth as a euphemism for the deliberate alteration (or 'correction') of the past

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
"Almost immediately after the call" = after he was caught
"He wanted them to do us a favor." Ah yes, because investigating the POTUS's Democratic political rival is really doing a favor to the US...

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Of course the Rep from Wisconsin can't even purchase a properly sized suit

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I recently watched The Great Hack on Netflix, it clearly showed how Cambridge Analytica directly caused the extreme polarization that the American society is currently experiencing. It also showed how dangerous personal data is when it's in the wrong hands (Facebook, Cambridge Analytica, etc.) and how people can be manipulated using psyops tactics from the military to agree or disagree on something.
i should give that a watch today.

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

This has building up for years, long before Cambridge.

Faux has had 20+ years to build this up.

It's only gotten worse as the internet has become more ingrained and people became more connected, thus causing people to shelter themselves into groups online.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
The only point he made is about Schumer asking for witnesses but the House kind of just giving up on them. Can someone explain that to me?
He is comparing how the House committee majority would not let them call any old witness they want. This is a downside of being the minority and yes it is comparable to Schumer's comments.

What isn't comparable is how Senate leadership is saying publicly they have no plans to be impartial and may not even call witnesses at all. They will strangely omit that part.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Republicans wanted the whistleblower to testify, Dems refused to protect him, then they kept saying that Dems didn't want to call any of the Republicans witnesses, this was moving too fast etc...
Schumer wants Bolton and Mulvaney to testify, now they're saying that Dems are hypocrites for asking for new witnesses to testify.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
English is not my first language, although I'm quite immersed in it - this is the first time I've heard the word "gentlelady".

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's only gotten worse as the internet has become more ingrained and people became more connected, thus causing people to shelter themselves into groups online.

True, however, Cambridge Analytica and similar companies have severely exacerbated the significant problem of using people's personal data against them to manipulate them to agree or disagree on things.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is comparing how the House committee majority would not let them call any old witness they want. This is a downside of being the minority and yes it is comparable to Schumer's comments.

What isn't comparable is how Senate leadership is saying publicly they have no plans to be impartial and may not even call witnesses at all. They will strangely omit that part.
Thats not what he was saying. He was saying that because the house didnt wait a year to get the courts to rule in their favor to follow supboenas, that now the senate is trying to get those same witnesses in a different process. He ignores that its all a big delay tactic.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Almost like Trump has been up to impeachable shit for a while now, Johnson. Almost like it.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Thats not what he was saying. He was saying that because the house didnt wait a year to get the courts to rule in their favor to follow supboenas, that now the senate is trying to get those same witnesses in a different process. He ignores that its all a big delay tactic.
I was speaking to the welcome to the club comment, but yes, fair point.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

The CA data breaches are worse than generic propaganda, because Facebook knows more about their users and their habits than their own spouses and doctors. High-end data mining allows for the targeted weaponization of the worst corners of society. They know exactly what buttons to push to get a reaction from people.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

Hm, got it. A thin line to walk that is of course blown up into a huge issue, but I guess that's the strategy.