• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
so even after 5th day of incredibly incriminating evidence and testimony from credible sources, GOP and Fox news is 100% behind trump. What can we expect next?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that Helsinki press conference was nutty. I truly watched that like history was being made but nobody ever talked about it again.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
Omg he scared me with that "Silent!"

They were SILENT
giphy.gif

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
This process is showing me what I already knew. Republicans are all in cahoots with Putin. It's really the only explanation for any of this shit.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So, like, why can't Schiff interrupt on the basis that Nunes is straight up telling lies

That is part of the GOP intent, to get some sound bytes and ammo to distract from their failing defense and immediately turn the circus onto Schiff. They are fishing for nothing else. Not the truth, just some red meat to feed their base.

The media will also lavish a partisan standoff and plaster the clips everywhere, undermining the intent and content of the testimony. Unengaged viewers will possibly hear about the argument and because our nation is stupid, assume both sides are bad.

Yes it's frustrating, but it's possibly better to let them spew garbage and let them flail, than fall right into their trap. Schiff keeping it professional and using his time wisely to rebut their crap as the closing statement, not to mention allowing the witness to prove them wrong is the best course.