• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't see how Pompeo can remain in his position. People of the State Department (who aren't right wing hacks like he is) probably despise him. He disgraces them. If he stays he's doing so out of spite and arrogance.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to dumbass C-SPAN callers is my version of that albino whipping himself in The Da Vinci Code.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
So this is my first time actually watching the stream over clips...what are with those signs behind where the committee sits?

Dec 31, 2017
The Cspan callers are a scary insight into the normal everyday american. Its sad.

Also Fiona Hill is so stern even big balls goldman was careful how he spoke to her.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
"The Dems are investigating their political opponent for investigating his political opponent!"

Shock that She doesn't like Obama "but pulled for him to do well"

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I believe this is the last scheduled hearing on this impeachment process?

Something that frustrated me during Nunes' opening statement was that he said this hearing needs to be the last round due to the damage it is doing to America and then turned around to demand further rounds of testimonies from Hunter Biden & the Whistleblower.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
So this is my first time actually watching the stream over clips...what are with those signs behind where the committee sits?
If I am thinking of the same thing you are, they are signs that the committee members choose to put on display. That is why you will see stupid stuff like Trump tweets claiming he is innocent behind republican committee members.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's actually quite hilarious.

That said, these C-Span callers represent your average American and this is how they think and believe. I told the story in Poli-Era of a conversation I just had the other day in a restaurant with a supposed Democrat who sad there was no quid pro quo, you can't impeach the President, and the President has done a great job with the economy. This was coming from a registered Democrat and immigrant. We all just nodded our heads and got the hell out.
Anytime somebody makes the argument that "the economy is doing great!" you need to ask them to explain why they think that. Is it because some wall street analyst said stocks are up? How does that impact their life? I bet you dollars to donuts that most of them will stumble over trying to back up that claim.

I keep seeing people say "the economy is doing so great!" but 99% of the time they are just repeating that because they heard it said somewhere. There's never any discussion of how wages are stagnant, healthcare is not affordable, and younger generations are especially struggling. This stuff is so easy to point out that it blows my mind when I see people I find to be intelligent, understanding, and teachable stating how great the economy is.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't see how Pompeo can remain in his position. People of the State Department (who aren't right wing hacks like he is) probably despise him. He disgraces them. If he stays he's doing so out of spite and arrogance.
He's already resigning to make a Senate run, just not sure of exact timetable.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Anytime somebody makes the argument that "the economy is doing great!" you need to ask them to explain why they think that. Is it because some wall street analyst said stocks are up? How does that impact their life? I bet you dollars to donuts that most of them will stumble over trying to back up that claim.

I keep seeing people say "the economy is doing so great!" but 99% of the time they are just repeating that because they heard it said somewhere. There's never any discussion of how wages are stagnant, healthcare is not affordable, and younger generations are especially struggling. This stuff is so easy to point out that it blows my mind when I see people I find to be intelligent, understanding, and teachable stating how great the economy is.

She said the stock market was up, as expected. She was clearly off her rocker and none of us wanted to try debating that.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I want C-SPAN callers to debate Paul Feinbaum callers.
giphy.gif

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I'm impressed that Nunes with a straight face challenged the democrats to let go of conspiracy theories and start governing.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
we gotta get guilianni, pompeo and others on the stand. I think dems have enough to file articles, but for the final blow, id love to see others come and testify as well.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017

Zeke Miller

@ZekeJMiller
White House: "Schiff and Congressional Democrats Are Playing Right into Russia's Hands...Fiona Hill warned today that it is Russia's goal to delegitimize the President of the United States. "

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

I think education has a lot to do with it. We get little to no education in financial and economic matters until college, and then it still depends on what you major in.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I should clarify, normal americans outside of major metro areas. No average person I know is that daft in any area that I've resided.

It's interesting to think about. I have one friend who's family reminds me of this (not him as much) and it's really interesting (and extremely infuriating) to hear them talk and see how they twist things. They could sit and listen to the entire impeachment hearing (while getting mad any time a democrat point is brought up), and the second a republican says anything they want to hear or to help them internally keep their views, they will literally forget everything the democrats had said up until that point and just latch onto whatever the republicans spouted and repeat it. It's why their news stations goes for those headlines. It's so weird to me that people can think like that.

Mar 3, 2019
The sad thing is that annecdotally, no one around me is paying attention to the impeachment proceedings. I asked a coworker and they said they hadn't heard anything about it at all :/

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

Zeke Miller

@ZekeJMiller
White House: "Schiff and Congressional Democrats Are Playing Right into Russia's Hands...Fiona Hill warned today that it is Russia's goal to delegitimize the President of the United States. "

Please please please please bring this up to Hill in the hearings.