• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think it was ever about them having any dirt. It was just a method of being able to say "Joe and his crooked family are currently under investigation in foreign countries, is this someone you want as President?"

Nothing, all they had to was they were doing so and it would be repeated by the media like Hilary's emails .

announce an investigation. that would have been enough to taint his campaign for president.

Joe Biden's son, Hunter, sat on the board of an Ukranian Energy company named Burisma.
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but Trump thinks there's some conflict of interest there between Ukraine and Biden to the point that Biden was trying to use his official nfluence to the benefit of his son.

Hunter Biden stepped down from the position once Joe announced his presidential run.

Just needed to say there was an investigation. Politically that's useful for Trump since they can say Bidens under investigation for corruption. If the Ukraine government is truly corrupt they can do far more nefarious stuff though, and just completely fabricate things.

Thats the thing, there was no actual investigation needed here. trump wanted the apperance of one (an announcement) so that he could use that on the campaign trail.

Yes it didn't matter. They wanted Zlenesky to announce these investigations on CNN so they could use it to attack him saying he's corrupt.

Thanks for the replies guys.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
did Sondland just say Trump is honorable?
ObviousExcitableGosling-small.gif

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
He.......has brought the heat the past few days.

and i'm not just talking about his farts.

I was talking about today, with Sondland, specifically. He fished for soundbites and in doing so gave Sondland the room to wriggle out of having to answer his questions. Swallwell should have taken the hint, tightened his questioning, and then gone for the soundbite.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
"The missiles were more useful than those blankets OBAMA sent"

Fuck off Ratcliffe.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Ratcliffe is insufferable.

Yeah, Trump's allowed to have whatever opinion he wants. But the GOP assertion is he has a sincere interest in rooting out corruption in Ukraine. Holmes' testimony suggests his only interest in the Ukraine is Biden and he doesn't give a shit about anything else.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
These Republicans dont seem any more intelligent than me. I should run for fucking congress

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just so people know the timeline here -

AUG. 12:
whistleblower complaint

AUG. 28:
Politico article about aid being withheld

SEPT. 9:
the investigations begin

Also SEPT. 9:
Sondland phone call:"I want nothing! I want nothing! No quid pro quo!"

SEPT. 11:
the aid is released

I made a post about this timeline, but you've done a much better job, thanks.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
These Republicans dont seem any more intelligent than me. I should run for fucking congress

In most cases they're not any more intelligent than a dude off the street. Hell in many cases GOP are the dudes off the street.

It's actually counterproductive to be intelligent in the modern day GOP.