• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
What do people mean he didn't directly implicate Trump? What do people think "everything we were doing was at the direction of the President" means?

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
It feels like the best case for Trump at this point is to pin it all on Giuliani but Rudy gonna flip easy.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
cnbc stream immediately painted it as a loss for dems because he wouldn't say that Trump directly said it to him. How do you come out of that whole thing with only that?

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think what this indicates that Trump may not have directly told Sondland to crime (assuming Sondland isn't lying still), but he clearly did through Rudy. So at worst, Rudy has to testify and be dragged in. GOP will pounce on that, but anyone with some firing synapses knows that the crimes were simply funneled through Rudy.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
The question is, will Nunes and Jordan be as teary-eyed as they were after last week's hearing at the end of this one? We need a new pic of Watery-Eyed Nunes and Weeping Gym Jordan!

Dec 31, 2017
tenor.gif

Nunes.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
I think what this indicates that Trump may not have directly told Sondland to crime (assuming Sondland isn't lying still), but he clearly did through Rudy. So at worst, Rudy has to testify and be dragged in. GOP will pounce on that, but anyone with some firing synapses knows that the crimes were simply funneled through Rudy.
Exactly. Rudy is clearly implicated here, so bring him in. He'd be an idiot to fall on a sword.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I loved that shot of all the Republican jack-offs grouping up after the Recess to discuss what the fuck to do, lmfao.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
What do people mean he didn't directly implicate Trump? What do people think "everything we were doing was at the direction of the President" means?

The fine line of it is that implicating Trump vs explicitly acknowledging Trump as being the person who ordered the aid withheld due to Biden/investigation is a different level of 'we're fucked' for Republicans.

With the latter, they'll probably try to claim Rudy as a rogue actor (while completely ignoring the other testimony from Sondland that implicates the rest of the cabinet being aware), and try to salvage what they can from that.

Yeah, rudy's gonna get called up - the big 'issue' is gonna be on how well Dems can link Rudy to acting directly on Trump's orders/behalf.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
White House was always going to find a talking point out of this, irrelevant given the scorched earth testimony we just heard.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If they try to make Rudy the fall guy he's going to sing even more than Sondland is. Rudy testifying would be even more damning than this.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
man i wish i could watch, been on back to back meetings all morning.

Im seeing on twitter Sondland pretty much telling it like it is.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Taking a break here, instead of going straight to Nunez, is another small very smart move Schiff has done. Gives the news networks time to cover the moment and let the testimony sink in.

Last edited: