• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty great. There were numerous missions where the music kicked in and I was like, "damn, this music is fucking awesome!". The more ambient "cooldown" tracks could be surprisingly haunting too.

It's like a modern synthwave/orchestral/rock mix that works really well. I'm glad that synthwave tendencies have been making a comeback recently.

I think this is the track that plays during the Lincoln Memorial mission and it was amazing.

Last edited:

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty great. There were numerous missions where the music kicked in and I was like, "damn, this music is fucking awesome!". The more ambient "cooldown" tracks could be surprisingly haunting too.

It's like a modern synthwave/orchestral/rock mix that works really well. I'm glad that synthwave tendencies have been making a comeback recently.

I think this is the track that plays during the Lincoln Memorial mission and it was amazing.

The little synth hooks, repeating electronic rhythms he makes are so 80's but they never sound cheesy or over the top. He really is amazing at what he does.

Feb 21, 2019
Never heard the FC5 one but yes AC2 is fantastic.
Jesper Kyd also did the Splinter Cell Soundtrack, didn't he?
He did indeed.

Oh man, give Far Cry 5 a shot for the soundtrack. Its certainly way different from The Division's vibe, but it really leans into the whole cult thing. Also, its just a different sound that most other video games. Its fantastic.
Far Cry 5 gets sheet on alot on this forum for a few different reasons, but really, its a very solid game and a god-tier soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcGjc_bmjEM

As some examples.

OP
OP
Klyka

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
He did indeed.

Oh man, give Far Cry 5 a shot for the soundtrack. Its certainly way different from The Division's vibe, but it really leans into the whole cult thing. Also, its just a different sound that most other video games. Its fantastic.
Far Cry 5 gets sheet on alot on this forum for a few different reasons, but really, its a very solid game and a god-tier soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z6vKuJ6_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcGjc_bmjEM

As some examples.
That's a really great soundtrack, definitely feel the "cult vibe"

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Ace Combat is always great but I personally feel it fell a little flat with this one. From the tracks I checked out nothing really jumped out at me.

I could see how some could see how AC7 perhaps doesn't have as many standout tracks as say AC4 or 5 (granted, that's a really tall order), but as a massive Ace Combat fuckboi, I can't help but love what we've got.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Top effort OP. Such a great soundtrack. Have been playing this ever since it dropped on spotify for early release.
Happy that Ola got to do another one after the amazing work he did on division 1 and it's dlc's.

Dock Wrecks is perfect for when things kick off.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Maybe it's because i've mostly played with friends and have been on party chat, but none of the OST really stood out to me personally. I do remember really liking the main theme from the first game a lot.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It is really good but I wish it was more noticeable. It kinda kicks in at times and I'm like yeah, I am feeling this song.. but mostly it's unheard. I suppose this is to make sure it isn't interfering with the radio chatter and the like, but it still would be nice if it were more pervasive.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
It is really good but I wish it was more noticeable. It kinda kicks in at times and I'm like yeah, I am feeling this song.. but mostly it's unheard. I suppose this is to make sure it isn't interfering with the radio chatter and the like, but it still would be nice if it were more pervasive.
I actually disagree but only for this specific type of game. It's very clear the intention of this OST as well as the first game/Survival's OST is to be interwoven with the moment to moment gameplay, with very sparse bursts of energy to match the mission set pieces. A big part of the game is traversal through empty, apocalyptic streets and I think a lot of that atmosphere is reinforced by the decision to either have subtle tracks or to not be scored at all (the DZ is completely silent except for when extracting loot). Having bombastic or "more noticeable" tracks more often would in my opinion detract from the tone of the game.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Been playing this a lot recently (just got to gear cap) and I agree, it's really great for tension/energy and I wasn't expecting much out of it at all. Definitely a nice surprise for me.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I actually disagree but only for this specific type of game. It's very clear the intention of this OST as well as the first game/Survival's OST is to be interwoven with the moment to moment gameplay, with very sparse bursts of energy to match the mission set pieces. A big part of the game is traversal through empty, apocalyptic streets and I think a lot of that atmosphere is reinforced by the decision to either have subtle tracks or to not be scored at all (the DZ is completely silent except for when extracting loot). Having bombastic or "more noticeable" tracks more often would in my opinion detract from the tone of the game.
I can definitely see this perspective and I think you're spot on with their reasoning, but I just like the music in general and want to hear more of it!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Listening to it on Spotify sounds much better than in-game. I turned the sound effects down to 65 and music to 100 and it's a lot better, but still too low in the mix for my liking.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry for the bump, didnt really want to start a new thread over this.

Finally got round to picking this game up and damn the OST is great stuff!

Its always nice to go into a game, be playing and suddenly realise "Shit, this music is actually fucking great!", especially as you are in deep with a mission and things are getting tense.

I can sort of agree that it doesnt get used much outside of missions but honestly i think that has helped the missions feel more memorable instead of it all bleeding into each other.

Either way im enjoying myself and already put in 15 hours since Saturday.

big bas

The Fallen
Jan 2, 2018
Been listening since the soundtrack came out and Dock Wrecks has been my fav since day one lmao love all the hype here

Except Espinoza and Saint deserve to be in your mentions too OP ;)

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Division 2 soundtrack is underrated.

Kingdom Hearts 3 soundtrack takes it for me though, it's fucking majestic.

OP
OP
Klyka

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Gonna bump this thread because we got the new expansion coming out and I am so HYPED to hear new tracks from Ola Strandh!