• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
I know this may have been answered before but a quick glance i couldn't find anything, but whats the deal with the blue ghosts that you see every now and again that vanish when you go near them?

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that Switch patch looks like a big boost. Now i'm having a hard time choosing between PS5 and Switch

How are the haptics/adaptive trigger stuff on PS5?
There's a huge gulf between the two versions. 60fps is huge over 30, nevermind an unevenly delivered 30. Then there's a tremendous difference in the visuals, resolution, hdr support, and loading. You're talking the worst vs best console version here, and there's 8 versions.

As for the the adaptive trigger use, it's okay. It uses it for a few things, but not really anything major. The haptics are completely not memorable, I couldn't even tell you when they're used, and I've been playing every day.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
For anybody just starting out with this, I whole heartedly recommend aiming for the skill that allows you to clone yourself. It helps cheese so many puzzles.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
What on Earth? lmao

I do like the Lady Rainicorn skin. Is this more of Ubi's $DLC?
I love this game more and more, the interaction between Ares and his bear
"Don't be sorry, be better" at chess,
"No, you're not ready, go back."
They're Kratos and Boi 😂
, and how the corrupted Hercules does a little pose after each attack. I just have a huge smile on my face the entire time playing this game.

Yes, it's available now, 1500 credits, I do want it but that's too much for my liking.
idk if anyone replied. but that 1500 is just for the whole set. you can buy it in pieces. which is like 300 for the horse.

i got the horse.

i got some rainbow wings as well. idk probably from the $99 edition or something. but now im all matched up.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
idk if anyone replied. but that 1500 is just for the whole set. you can buy it in pieces. which is like 300 for the horse.

i got the horse.

i got some rainbow wings as well. idk probably from the $99 edition or something. but now im all matched up.
What's the exchange rate with the digital currency? Is it the same as in Assassin's Creed?

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
There's a huge gulf between the two versions. 60fps is huge over 30, nevermind an unevenly delivered 30. Then there's a tremendous difference in the visuals, resolution, hdr support, and loading. You're talking the worst vs best console version here, and there's 8 versions.

As for the the adaptive trigger use, it's okay. It uses it for a few things, but not really anything major. The haptics are completely not memorable, I couldn't even tell you when they're used, and I've been playing every day.

Yeah i saw some comparison videos vs next gen version. Draw distance seems really important for a game like this so it's become an easy choice for me.

Thanquol

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
The lyre challenges are awful, can't even select which chords to hit or im missing something

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the special attacks weren't so busted. Most enemies and even bosses can be cheesed with R1 spam with shield rush or hammer smash when they try to retaliate. They both either interrupt the attack or make you invulnerable through it. R1 probably shouldn't give so much stamina. That's the main enabler since the special attacks use 4 chunks of stamina.

Tapada

Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing this with Ubisoft+ and enjoying more than I thought I would, but anyone here with a bug on aphrodite's vault? In my case the vines in the arm of the statue don't disappear when I burn one of the last seeds. Had to reload an early save so I can explore the other areas while I wait for this to get fixed.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus did they really have to put another
giant vault to solve right towards the end of the game 😭

pahlke1

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane
Picked it up on Ps5 at launch and was umming and ahhing about the switch version for cross save. My partner surprised me with a copy today. The cross save works so well and visually it still holds up on the lite. Hopefully the trophies will still pop if I do things on the switch and transfer my save back.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hey all, this may be on the list for boxing day depending on pricing.

How is it on pc with a 6700k and 3080?

If I go console route, xbsx or ps5? It will be on an oled so do both consoles have vrr ?

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Hey all, this may be on the list for boxing day depending on pricing.

How is it on pc with a 6700k and 3080?

If I go console route, xbsx or ps5? It will be on an oled so do both consoles have vrr ?

If you have a 3080, you shouldn't have a problem with any game at high frame rates (Cyberpunk 2077 aside).

Only Series X has VRR at the moment, but both Series X and PS5 are a very stable 60, so you won't need VRR.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If you have a 3080, you shouldn't have a problem with any game at high frame rates (Cyberpunk 2077 aside).

Only Series X has VRR at the moment, but both Series X and PS5 are a very stable 60, so you won't need VRR.
Thanks

Framerate asside, are the graphics better on pc compared to the consoles ?

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up a copy for the Switch today. Wasn't even planning on it, but it was 50% discounted. Will be a nice game to noodle around with during the holiday.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Picked it up on Ps5 at launch and was umming and ahhing about the switch version for cross save. My partner surprised me with a copy today. The cross save works so well and visually it still holds up on the lite. Hopefully the trophies will still pop if I do things on the switch and transfer my save back.

How easy is the cross save between PS5 and Switch? I ordered the Switch version so I can continue my progress portably. And yea I was wondering if trophies will pop when you go back to the PS5 version?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
just started playing on ps5: is the hdr fucked up? everything looks washed out, no matter what settings i use.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm surprisingly enjoying this. Not for the open world stuff or story, but for the puzzle vaults. Just constantly eager to get to the next one which keeps me focused on the Ubiworld where I normally lose interest lol.

Flawless performance on XSX with VRR. Tried it on PC at first via Ubi+ and honestly the difference between this game on a 3080 and XSX is minimal. Sharper image quality and detail in the distance on the 3080 but also occasional micro-stutter (which is an immersion killer for me), so a better experience on XSX for my preferences.

pahlke1

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane
How easy is the cross save between PS5 and Switch? I ordered the Switch version so I can continue my progress portably. And yea I was wondering if trophies will pop when you go back to the PS5 version?
It's really easy. Just upload a save on one platform and then download it via the other device through the menu. It honestly works so well.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I have a question.
I have not played Zelda : Breath of the Wild yet nor Fenyx Rising.

Which one should I play first?
I would play BOTW first. BOTW is a personally my GOAT, and I think that to maximize your enjoyment out of it, it may be best if some elements that are also in Fenyx are experienced in BOTW first.

Fenyx is a pretty good game, but the similarities with BOTW are mostly technical, not in the design philosophy, and except for various elements, for me it is a very different game. I would definitely play it as the second game.

There is a reason why I played 225 hours of BOTW (primarily not the "story" but just loosing my way on purpose most of the time and finding new things) and still want to go back to it at some point in time, but at the 55 hours point I'm overall looking forward to finishing Fenyx (and 80% or more of the time I play the main story, exploration is not really rewarding after a not too long period), though I did enjoy what I played so far, and I do recommend the game.

Added: For me it did not make a difference, but you may additionally appreciate Fenyx more after playing BOTW since BOTW has breakable weapons, something some people really disliked (though the deeper you go in the game, the more you find weapons that last longer, and there are lots anyway), while in Fenyx they did not copy this feature (and there is even an easy to miss in game joke in Fenyx about that).

Last edited:

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Lyre challenges as it is supposed to be played out are worst. Not fun to remember up to 5-6 strings tune and go back to another location just to try it out.

I am still solving puzzle for small lyres because it is fun but in each region going straight to big lyre and playing all tunes to unlock coins.

The lyre challenges are awful, can't even select which chords to hit or im missing something

If you want, you can go to big lyre directly and play combinations to get rewards without unlocking small lyres. Solving mini puzzles for small lyre is still fun and may have chests with resources.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just started but I have to say that this game is awesome. I love the narrative by Zeus & Prometheus (think I spelled it right) and how they make the story fun.

Graphics are awesome and definitely has a BOTW vibe to it. Combat is fun and the puzzles are pretty good as well.

The only hiccup that I encoutered is that my Series X appears to hard crash as it shut itself down. Think it had to do with me going back & forth between the store section & UBI Connect app as it was my first hard crash I had with the console. Console wasn't hot so it wasn't due to overheating.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I have a question.
I have not played Zelda : Breath of the Wild yet nor Fenyx Rising.

Which one should I play first?
Weapon degradation completely killed my enjoyment of BotW, so I guess I'd suggest try Zelda first and if you find the weapons breaking multiple times an encounter as annoying as I did then just move over to Immortals.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weapon degradation completely killed my enjoyment of BotW, so I guess I'd suggest try Zelda first and if you find the weapons breaking multiple times an encounter as annoying as I did then just move over to Immortals.
Agree. I don't care for botw like others do either. I feel immortals is much more enjoyable, but opinions.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for PC optimization?

I am rolling with a 2060/i7-9750/16 GB RAM, and I can't quite get 60 FPS in the open world (as with must Ubi games of course)

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Picked this up on Xbox store at the reduced price ...plays and looks great on the SX....if like me you were looking for something to fill the void that CP2077 was going to fill, this is a fun timesink.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Just finished up the platinum tonight! What a fun, light-hearted game. Solid voice acting, decent story telling, great inside jokes for Greek Mythology lovers out there...

Just a fun, silly game all around. Definitely recommend!

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Does this game have that chill vibe like botw does when exploring

I had a blast flying around and smashing monsters. Seems like nearly every step I took I stumbled into a lootable chest, I boss monster/mob, some form of puzzle or a health upgrade.

It was just fun to go a certain direction and get a bunch of stuff just for walking around.