• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
It's really not a big deal. Just create the account, link it with your PSN / Xbox / Steam / what have you, and you'll never have to worry about it again. I haven't needed to log in to the Ubi account once after that.
But... why? Why would we want to give random companies anything more than our money for their product? I'm not outraged by it, but it's a strange practice to defend.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I got to the bit after you do the pearl thing for Aphrodite and it says I need to survive Typhon's wrath, but it doesn't explain what that means. Do I need to beat the
Achilles Wraith
that appears? Because that thing is brutal and its destroying me. I've pretty much just followed the main quest lines since getting into the area.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
I got the jak and daxter vibes as well especially when you are stood at gods Hall looking down at the world around you. Same feeling I had with jak and daxter for the first time when I was seeing places and thinking ' I wanna go there, there and there". Jak and daxter was the first 3d game since Mario 64 to wow the younger me! This game did the same just by the sheer amount of detail you can see way off in the distance

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Im at 52h. Finished Aphrodite , Athena and ares area at 100^ (every chest / challenge / ennemies ). Starting Hephaestus. I love that game

I have nothing but full admiration and respect for people who can 100% an open world game of this size.

I think the repetition would drive me crazy, and I also don't have the time!

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I got to the bit after you do the pearl thing for Aphrodite and it says I need to survive Typhon's wrath, but it doesn't explain what that means. Do I need to beat the
Achilles Wraith
that appears? Because that thing is brutal and its destroying me. I've pretty much just followed the main quest lines since getting into the area.
Not really you can either just kind of wait it out for a few minutes or just leave the area. Whenever that happens to me I just never stop moving and I never have to fight them.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I really like this, apart from the wraith fights it's really chill and I just want to keep exploring. Plus unlike botw there actually is an incentive to fight stuff in the world. The way discovering map locations like chests works is really dumb though, and seems kind of broken.

Not really you can either just kind of wait it out for a few minutes or just leave the area. Whenever that happens to me I just never stop moving and I never have to fight them.

i tried leaving the area and nothing happened, when I went back ended up fighting them for a while and eventually beat them. Not sure if it's something about that first time it happens during the Aphrodite thing or what. Or maybe it was just a coincidence they turned up during a cutscene and it broke the scripting,

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have nothing but full admiration and respect for people who can 100% an open world game of this size.

Current situation helps. I'm not working 😅. But usually I a not a fan of open worlds . But this one ... digging it

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
I see some of you are moving on to Athena after Aphrodite. Not sure what's the correct order to play. Do the enemies scale to your level or are they tougher in certain areas? I just followed the trophy order, so Aphrodite > Ares > Hephaistos > Athena.

Got the game for PS5 yesterday and I'm having a great time so far. I have just one issue, and it's the control customization.

All I want to do is swap circle and square, so circle is dodge and square is crouch. This resulted in me not being able to run while carrying objects, so then I changed cancel carry to square, too. That seemed to work fine. The only outstanding problem now is that I cannot run on a mount because circle is both run and dismount. Is there a way to reassign dismount? I might have overlooked something.
Have you tried reconfiguring the buttons in the PS5 setting? I remember you can do it on the PS4, but I haven't tried it on the PS5. You can just swap circle and square so it applies to every action, probably easier than changing it individually for each action in the game.

I recently 100% Valhalla which I believe is even bigger than Immortals. I listen to podcast or YouTube videos on my iPad while I play, so I don't feel the repetition too much, since I have something else to focus on while I autopilot through the repetitive segments.

Also, most of the points of interest in this game are little challenges or puzzles, which require some amount of effort to solve, so they don't feel overly repetitive. I like this about the game, there's not too much of "go there and pick that up" busywork.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
If I start a new game do I get to keep all my cosmetics from the in game store, Ubisoft rewards and get to do the season pass quest again?

Enjoying this more than I expected to, mainly because it doesn't take itself seriously at all lmao and the voice acting is really good.

Yep. It's nothing amazing but after listening to Giant Bomb trash it I figured it was going to be very bad, like normal Ubisoft bad. After playing the game though like you said it doesn't take itself seriously at all and has some clever lines. The game doesn't make me laugh out loud but I've had some subtle inside my head chuckling and it fits the theme perfectly. Any other delivery would not have worked in this style IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
So.....play this on PC with GTX 3090 or on PS5 with Dualsense?
I'm not finding the dualsense implementation to be anything remarkable. I wouldn't choose PS5 just for that reason.

Have you tried reconfiguring the buttons in the PS5 setting? I remember you can do it on the PS4, but I haven't tried it on the PS5. You can just swap circle and square so it applies to every action, probably easier than changing it individually for each action in the game.
I haven't tried that, but I definitely will if I get to a point where I'm using the mount frequently. Right now in the very early game I'm fine with running, jumping and gliding.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Depends on the game IMO. Sometimes open world games just click and you get in a groove where you want to do anything and everything you can, or at least it does for me. Horizon Zero Dawn, Genshin Impact, and Ghost of Tsushima are some recent games where I've done that, but it also helps when a game isn't too bloated with extra filler. AC Odyssey is one where I got burnt out by the end and didn't feel compelled to 100% it because it's just too big. I don't have Immortals yet but I can kind of see it going either way, though the puzzles seem more engaging than anything in AC games at least so that's a good thing.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
One thing caught my attention towards the end of the game and I really wish it's what I think it is lol

So when Fenyx reaches Zeus and Prometheus, after a bit of dialogue Zeus apologizes but Fenyx says it's just the first step. Then she goes "To quote Ares, you have to actually 'be better.'"
This is an obvious God of War (2018) reference right?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Just grabbed this today and logged 3 hours. Such a solid game to start. I enjoyed the Stadia demo a month or so ago, but something about it just feels like magical in a way. I think not being a serious open-world definitely helps. Provides some levity in the games lineup.

ExReey

Oct 27, 2017
So how's the PS5 version?

On a recent youtube review, they say the game is more or less unplayable in performance mode, because of the constant stuttering; has this been fixed yet?

And is there any significant implementation of the Dual Sense features? I read this was updated in the recent 1.03 patch?

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Im at 52h. Finished Aphrodite , Athena and ares area at 100^ (every chest / challenge / ennemies ). Starting Hephaestus. I love that game

Is there a way to see if you've actually found everything in an area, as much as I like the exploration aspect using far sight I'm now at the point where I may as well 100% it but not sure if I'm missing certain things from areas.

Wish there was an upgrade I could buy that would just unlock the map at this point.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to see if you've actually found everything in an area, as much as I like the exploration aspect using far sight I'm now at the point where I may as well 100% it but not sure if I'm missing certain things from areas.

Wish there was an upgrade I could buy that would just unlock the map at this point.
Im just checking the POI with this https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...-puzzle-locations-2/#valley-of-eternal-spring at the end of an area to check if I missed some

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Started the game on PS5 today. Enjoying it so far but I'm still super early.

One thing I've noticed, and it's not a complaint, I just find it odd is that they don't seem to use the rumble a whole lot? Like I actually went into the menu to check to make sure I didn't turn off a rumble option by accident. I get haptic feedback in the triggers when doing the far sight stuff (btw, first time I noticed how actually loud those trigger motors can be at time lol) but I find it a bit odd there's no feedback when landing on the ground after dropping from big height for example. I dunno, it just feel like it's missing effects at time. Anyway, not a big deal.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Nearly 100%, map hunting for the last visuals, but having a terrible time comparing.

Things I'm missing:

• Unknown Visitor's Golden Armor (South West on King's Peak)
  • Unknown Visitor's Golden Helmet (South West on King's Peak, on a giant statue)
  • Wrap of Shining Victory Armo (Nike Set)
  • Skin of Dawnlight Revels Armor (Satyr Set) (King's Peak, in a temple near a constellation challenge)
Done all of Hermes's quests, so I think they are either Epic chests or in undiscovered Tartaros vault. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
That price is really tempting for me. I would prefer digital though, any chance of that going on sale before Xmas?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Game is fun, but I just lost 2 hrs of progress because of a never ending saving screen. And it was a boring stretch, honestly. Not sure that I have it in me.

The_Hitcher89

Mar 14, 2019
Is there an option to mark things as points of interest instead of specifically chests/vaults/harps etc?

Found it a bit off-putting watching footage and seeing that all the things I'd want to find through marking and exploration were being revealed from miles away and through geometry

Felt like a holdover from Assassin's Creed's habit of telling you what you'll be doing well before you do it, to the detriment of exploration.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Is there an option to mark things as points of interest instead of specifically chests/vaults/harps etc?

Found it a bit off-putting watching footage and seeing that all the things I'd want to find through marking and exploration were being revealed from miles away and through geometry

Felt like a holdover from Assassin's Creed's habit of telling you what you'll be doing well before you do it, to the detriment of exploration.

I know this is isn't what you're looking for, but some people don't highlight anything and just explore naturally. Apparently adds to the sense of discovery. Understandably.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Not sure I can pinpoint the exact reason but I'm overall enjoying this a good deal more than valhalla. It's not bloated with a drawn out story and the combat is much more fun, at least to me.

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't tried this but it might be possible to hit the marker button when you're in far sight instead of hitting the reveal button.

You could also refrain from using the reveal feature until you're close enough to identify the point of interest by looking.

I started out using reveal through geometry and all that but now I just wait until I can actually see a sparkle or at least an area of land where I think something will be before scanning for stuff.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I picked up Fenyx on Switch last week but only played it for the first time last night... I've been reluctant to start a new game of this kind of length because I've been replaying Darksiders II which I picked up in the sales...

I have a 5 month old and work at home during the day so I have very little time to actually use the PlayStation without being super anti-social and unhelpful, so playing handheld of an evening or in bed is the more likely option for me... it looks and runs fine, but having played a few hours and looked at comparisons today I'm kind of wishing I could have played more on one of the home consoles. It looks super sharp with nice colours and great draw distance on PS4 and up, and the performance mode on next-gen looks smooth as hell. This might be the first good port where I've felt like the Switch is showing its age a little more than I'd like. Normally I'm quite relaxed about it because of the handheld thing, but I feel like I'm probably going to be doing more careful comparisons going forward.. its impressive they have it running at all, but through things like the draw distance fogging and the different lighting model, you can easily see the sacrifices. Also kind of regretting picking a beard on the male character as I think it hides some of the facial animation. Facial animation seems less well blended maybe on Switch too? Or maybe its just the beard throwing me off. I might restart with the female character..

Despite noticing those things, it still seems cool - I've played up to the first arrival at the hall of the gods. We named our son Apollo, this is right up my street!

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up Fenyx on Switch last week but only played it for the first time last night... I've been reluctant to start a new game of this kind of length because I've been replaying Darksiders II which I picked up in the sales...

I have a 5 month old and work at home during the day so I have very little time to actually use the PlayStation without being super anti-social and unhelpful, so playing handheld of an evening or in bed is the more likely option for me... it looks and runs fine, but having played a few hours and looked at comparisons today I'm kind of wishing I could have played more on one of the home consoles. It looks super sharp with nice colours and great draw distance on PS4 and up, and the performance mode on next-gen looks smooth as hell. This might be the first good port where I've felt like the Switch is showing its age a little more than I'd like. Normally I'm quite relaxed about it because of the handheld thing, but I feel like I'm probably going to be doing more careful comparisons going forward.. its impressive they have it running at all, but through things like the draw distance fogging and the different lighting model, you can easily see the sacrifices. Also kind of regretting picking a beard on the male character as I think it hides some of the facial animation. Facial animation seems less well blended maybe on Switch too? Or maybe its just the beard throwing me off. I might restart with the female character..

Despite noticing those things, it still seems cool - I've played up to the first arrival at the hall of the gods. We named our son Apollo, this is right up my street!
You don't need to restart the game. When you get to the temple of the gods a few hours in, it's like your home base, you can change your character however you like whenever you want.

That being said, I'm surprised this is the game that did it for you. Sure, PS5 to Switch is huge, but even great ports like Doom were still really bad relative to other versions. Personally I've never bought on Switch if there were other options. It's always easily the worst version.

Oct 25, 2017
Started the game on PS5 today. Enjoying it so far but I'm still super early.

One thing I've noticed, and it's not a complaint, I just find it odd is that they don't seem to use the rumble a whole lot? Like I actually went into the menu to check to make sure I didn't turn off a rumble option by accident. I get haptic feedback in the triggers when doing the far sight stuff (btw, first time I noticed how actually loud those trigger motors can be at time lol) but I find it a bit odd there's no feedback when landing on the ground after dropping from big height for example. I dunno, it just feel like it's missing effects at time. Anyway, not a big deal.
Do you feel little pulses when you climb?

This game still has some bugs in the haptics, I think. I launched it yesterday using the switcher while Astro's was already open and the controller made weird clicks when I jumped or glided. I restarted the console and launched Immortals fresh and the haptics were back to normal. I can't recall off the top of my head if normal haptics include jolts when landing on the ground, though.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
You don't need to restart the game. When you get to the temple of the gods a few hours in, it's like your home base, you can change your character however you like whenever you want.

That being said, I'm surprised this is the game that did it for you. Sure, PS5 to Switch is huge, but even great ports like Doom were still really bad relative to other versions. Personally I've never bought on Switch if there were other options. It's always easily the worst version.

Obviously with Doom its not as fluid at 30fps, but I probably wouldn't have been able to play them as much as I did by buying on Switch, and the core gameplay is still amazing on those ports. That's the big thing for me with it in my circumstances, its unlocked gaming-time I might not otherwise have had because I can just take it with me to any room, or take it to bed.. I actually had Control on the PS4 (via PS Now) but I bought the cloud version on Switch too as it fits my lifestyle more. There are lots of franchises I'd play on it that haven't come out. I've been looking at Oculus Quest 2, similarly its not as high definition as what you can get with newer headsets and a good rig, but its fully portable / flexible and for that, I'd probably accept some trade offs. Only reason I haven't bought that yet (apart from lack of money) is that I suspect it would be a novelty and I probably wouldn't play in the same scenarios - i.e. late at night when the baby is asleep or whatever.

Thanks btw - I'm so glad I posted now - you've saved me a good few hours of my time!

emmastone

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 28, 2020

Same here. I played it first on PS5, then decided it's more of a Switch game (chill, without rushing) so bought it for that system eventually. Despite it running nicely, it's just not the same with the muted colors, it's a different atmosphere. And the 60fps helps too, of course. So I'll be playing it on the PC soon (CP2077 first). Have a 2 year old though so I have a little more time fortunately ;)

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Same here. I played it first on PS5, then decided it's more of a Switch game (chill, without rushing) so bought it for that system eventually. Despite it running nicely, it's just not the same with the muted colors, it's a different atmosphere. And the 60fps helps too, of course. So I'll be playing it on the PC soon (CP2077 first). Have a 2 year old though so I have a little more time fortunately ;)
My fiance has her finances all worked out on a spreadsheet right up until Apollo goes to school so she's calculated exactly when we can afford another kid - even when he's older I suspect I won't have any more time 😂 it really is the best thing that's happened to me though, he's awesome.

I think if I hadn't looked at the comparisons I'd probably be blissfully ignorant, at times it looks more cartoony or something - less harsh shadowing and stuff, there are moments where a pink fog actually looks kind of cool - but having seen it in crystal clear high definition - I'm thinking I may double dip at some point if I enjoy it.

I don't think we're alone in picking the Switch version for these sorts of reasons, and seems like the BOTW comparisons maybe had a positive effect on sales

I hope it does well, seems like a bold effort for a new franchise, maybe it will have legs

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Holy shit thank you Epic Games! Just got this for $30 on PC thanks to their sale. If any PC folks have been holding out, today is the day!

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The PC version can be bought for $30 today. It's $40 on the Epic sale, and the free $10 coupon brings it down to $30.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another update just dropped on PS5.

• Fixed an issue with Hermes's Heroic Tasks Board Live Tasks refresh
  • Resolved an issue when loading an end-game save from the clouds above.
  • Resolved an issue when skipping dialogues during the Ares Questline
  • Stability Improvements
  • Performance Improvements.

These patch notes are for both update 1.04 and 1.05 so you need to have downloaded the latest version in order to fix the issues that are mentioned above.