• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still having fun, but man am I getting tired of it freezing during the cinematics when using the Forge of Hephaistos. I've had it happen four or five times now on XSX.

DarkJedi78

Oct 25, 2017
OH
Well after preordering, cancelling and going with Valhalla instead, I picked it up after seeing the reviews. I got to say I'm having way more fun with this than I thought. The combat is fun and it just funny listening to the banter. It doesn't take itself too seriously. Lots of stuff to do and the puzzles haven't gotten tiresome as some have said. Good time.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok. Now the game is super colorful and not washed out. Something is wrong with the Hdr in this game at least on Xbox. Im playing for days and complain about it. I put the game in pause , went to eat while turned off tv. Came back , turned the tv back on and wow. No color issue. But I'm checking that for the tv it' doesn't detect a hdr signal. Yet the game is running in hdr because contrast and brightness is greyed out and I felt the menus to be darker than usual.

Tldr : run the game. Turn off your Tv. Turn it back on , game is running hdr but tv is sdr (at least my lg oled ) yet the game looks better

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've hit the 17 hour mark.

It's.. kind of a shame and a bit crazy just how repetitive the game has become. Seems like everytime you enter a new part of the map you know exactly what you're getting, just the same three or four puzzle types or combat scenarios or whatever. I've only opened up two big parts of the map out of (I think five) so I do kind of dread the idea of doing these same things over and over again.

At least there's a little bit of variation in the vaults, kinda, even those are starting to become awfully samey.

But despite these complaints it's still fun to play, and every now and again you come across a landmark (such as the Hydra) that's quite breathtaking to see or climb and it seems to make playing the game worthwhile.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just finished the Wraith lairs and
seeing Fenxy getting teary eyed after finally getting the recognition she always wanted made me smile. I love that they didn't just give you a fancy armour but also made this cute cutscene. It's just such a charming game in general.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i couldn't find any rock. So here is what I did
PbJN9Wk.jpg

Man I love this game

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
This game is scratching just the right open world itch for me right now. Everything is quick enough, just varied enough, just engaging enough that it's been fun checking off the list while I listen to podcasts. 19 hours in and have done all side stuff in the first couple zones now.

Edit - Ares' Wrath and its upgrades seem to have broken combat entirely for me also, haha. That charged up one does like 75% of a harder enemy's (Wraiths, legendary animals) stun meter so you can basically just stunlock them forever?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is so legit. 28h. Halfway through the second zone. I think I finished the first one at 100% or very close. Il but since I found so many items / upgrades I'm a bit OP now. Still. What a great game

m'y only regret is that I love it so much that I just bought the season pass to get the bonus quest now ... should have bought the gold editions🥲

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Ps5 or series x for this game? I just saw the rainbow wings in the gold edition and my gay self can't resist any longer.

Kris1977

Nov 25, 2017
If there is one thing thing that this game, and demons souls has taught me this gen, its that I'm totally fine with 1440p (or thereabouts) so long as its 60fps. Honestly, even with these resolutions, both this and demons souls look stunning, and considerably better than anything from last gen.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Since the new patch I think the load times are improved on xsx
I'm 20 hours in and I'm just criss crossing the map doing missions for different gods and what not.
i pretty much checked out on the plotnot enough stakes to keep my attention with my kids running around
Puzzles are really fun (only one that completely stumped me was a tartaros vault with a wooden block that breaks every time you throw it ) I'm trying to figure out this ares puzzle now (in a castle with lasers) I solved one side working on the other.
I do hope they add more customization options, I'd love a few more black hairstyles and some sliders so I can make a more accurate depiction of my wife

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything more disheartening than solving a puzzle only to be told "new visual" for your reward.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading ps5 version now.

side Note its fucking amazing that the WiFi isn't shit on the ps5 compared to ps4

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm back! The game is amazing. Better than BOTW in some ways funny enough.

I'll post pics later of my adventure, I had to stop to play Cyberpunk but once I finish that I will give back to Immortals.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Whilst I was having my session just then, I noticed whilst sprinting or sometimes gliding, it would freeze for a quick second then carry on as normal. Is this the stuttering you guys were talking about?

This is the first time I've noticed it happening as well which is odd. (I'm on PS5)

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be more awareness of this game. It's fantastic and very fun. And the fact that Ubisoft got away from their usual checklist way of mission structure. Dare I say that I'm having more fun with this than I did with BOTW (mostly because weapons don't break), and the interaction between Prometheus and Zeus is hilarious. Like the two old geezer Muppets in the balcony.

Oct 25, 2017
Whilst I was having my session just then, I noticed whilst sprinting or sometimes gliding, it would freeze for a quick second then carry on as normal. Is this the stuttering you guys were talking about?

This is the first time I've noticed it happening as well which is odd. (I'm on PS5)
The stuttering was a constant thing. If you panned the camera slowly you could see that there was some judder whereas on Xbox it was a correctly paced 60fps.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
I had to stop playing this game because I hurt my right index finger from pressing R1 so much. :( I did half arsed attempt at remapping but there were so many conflicts I couldn't be bothered.

I love this game, though, and when I'm healed up I'm diving right back in.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody else find they never use parry? Seems so much more convenient and quicker using the dodge.
I use it a lot. But I also have a heavily customized controller setup where parry and dodge are the same button, so it's much easier to switch between the two.

Is there anything more disheartening than solving a puzzle only to be told "new visual" for your reward.
Depends on if I like the visual or not. Gotta save the world in style looking cute AF. Nah mean?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
more people need to know that most ubisoft games are really good with controller customization

guys, customize the hell out of your controls cause the defaults are always awkward

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game today. A solid 6.5/10 for me. I played on PS5 and the performance was really good (I think a patch might have fixed the framerate in the overworld).

The game doesn't necessarily do anything wrong so much as it doesn't manage to impress a whole lot either. The world is dense, but it doesn't feel alive or enticing to explore; it's all very artificial.

The game wants to be BotW so much, but in the process it seems they also didn't quite grasp what made BotW tick. The shrines are one of the weakest aspects of BotW, so why the insistence of doing the same thing? Only worse because the puzzles are seriously lacking in variety.

It's one of those games where you can switch off your brain and waltz through it without you ever really feeling truly immersed. You're kinda doing things because they're there, not because you actually want to do them. It's all very surface-level.

I'd say lack of variety (and originality) is its biggest downfall. As seems to be typical with Ubisoft-design, there's a handful of things to do and they get repeated ad-nauseam. I do appreciate that the world is actually manageable and everything you collect has a clear purpose.

In the end I did enjoy my 15 or 20 something hours with it. I focused mostly on the main quest and that held my interest for just long enough, though I did skip through the cut-scenes where I could.

I would say a good bargain-bin game. I didn't hate it, it's just...kinda there.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Any real world impressions of the Switch version pre and post the latest patch? That video is promising, curious to see if actual players notice a big difference. I'd like to get this for my partner for Christmas, but he'd only play on switch and that initial footage looked way too compromised. He's not a big graphics person, but even he would have found it rough

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I tell you what, I didn't expect the combat to be this...good? It's certainly not DMC or anything, but it's huge step up from the Assassin's Creed games. Like, considering how goddamn janky Valhalla's combat is, this honestly feels like night and day by comparison.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I am about 6 hours into this and wow I am having so much more fun with this than Cyberpunk,
I think I'm going to focus on this as it's actually really fun :)

SpitfireKit

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game today. A solid 6.5/10 for me. I played on PS5 and the performance was really good (I think a patch might have fixed the framerate in the overworld).

The game doesn't necessarily do anything wrong so much as it doesn't manage to impress a whole lot either. The world is dense, but it doesn't feel alive or enticing to explore; it's all very artificial.

The game wants to be BotW so much, but in the process it seems they also didn't quite grasp what made BotW tick. The shrines are one of the weakest aspects of BotW, so why the insistence of doing the same thing? Only worse because the puzzles are seriously lacking in variety.

It's one of those games where you can switch off your brain and waltz through it without you ever really feeling truly immersed. You're kinda doing things because they're there, not because you actually want to do them. It's all very surface-level.

I'd say lack of variety (and originality) is its biggest downfall. As seems to be typical with Ubisoft-design, there's a handful of things to do and they get repeated ad-nauseam. I do appreciate that the world is actually manageable and everything you collect has a clear purpose.

In the end I did enjoy my 15 or 20 something hours with it. I focused mostly on the main quest and that held my interest for just long enough, though I did skip through the cut-scenes where I could.

I would say a good bargain-bin game. I didn't hate it, it's just...kinda there.

I spent about 30 hours with it and finished it today as well, and feel pretty much the same.
It's just good. That's all.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Got out of the prologue and the game is starting to grow on me. Instead of cringing at the dialogue I'm starting to chuckle a bit. I also need to stop marking everything on my map.

can someone help me out though? I got a new outfit from Ubisoft connect and I checked it off in the store under owned but I can't find it in my inventory.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Got out of the prologue and the game is starting to grow on me. Instead of cringing at the dialogue I'm starting to chuckle a bit. I also need to stop marking everything on my map.

can someone help me out though? I got a new outfit from Ubisoft connect and I checked it off in the store under owned but I can't find it in my inventory.
You have to press a button in your inventory to "customize". The paid outfits aren't actual gear, they're cosmetic overlays. So you're still wearing whatever gear you've equipped, you're just changing the way it looks.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
It's a good game that threatens to be great (and gets there on occasion). I'm enjoying it. My opinion on individual aspects may be mixed, but it comes together nicely.

The world is gorgeous and colourful, but it feels more like a theme park than a place and it's too dense for me.

The writing can be funny, but stiff animations and wonky voice direction hold it back.

The puzzles aren't bad, but they feel a little... plain. There's some really good stuff in there, but there's some filler too.

Traversal is fun but I think it lacks the physicality of BoTW, which felt more satisfying and snappy.

On the flip side, combat is a lot better and really good fun.

I'm having a good time, I've even recommended it to my mate because I think there's great value there. I think some will like it more than others, but few will hate it in my opinion.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
About 8.5 hours in, still doing quests and exploring Aphrodite's area, and I'm really loving the game. The humor is lacking in quality for me generally, but everything else is fantastic. It's well-attuned to my likes and dislikes with open worlds. Everything I disliked about BOTW (weapon damage, world temperature/cooking/survival mechanics, not knowing what to do next, TOO non-linear, too difficult, framerate and image quality issues) is improved or removed. I still feel the world is well worth exploring, but I always have a few steps to proceed with when I want to get back into the world. I love how accessible it is. I can totally see why some would prefer how obtuse BOTW is in comparison, but I had to completely give up on it after about 25 hours. I also love how this game lets your world-exploration be as organic or accessible as you want. You can search out spots with landmarks with your telescope or you can just explore instead. It gives you no obligation for either or a combination of both.

The game is also beautiful with seemingly perfect 60fps on PS5 and great image quality. That alone makes it a lot more fun to play than BOTW. I could imagine BOTW is a much better experience for people playing it emulated on PC with 4k 60fps.

My only qualms with it compared to BOTW are the lack of NPC-filled towns and really exotic/weird landmarks/environments to stumble upon.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Found the Zeus armor

+39% damage when health is full / + 50 stun
Vampiric aura 5-6% on every hit
With sword of Achilles even though I got it a lokg time + 45% damage when health is full / perfect dodge give health as well / axe of Atalanta +39% damage when health is full / healing when perfect parry
Insane input damage and a lot of healing

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
So I popped in the disc and about to start this game. After some initial setup about few options, it is FORCING me to make ubisoft account. I can NOT FUCKING play this without ubisoft account. What the fuck is this shit?

I am pissed! Last ubisoft game I played was AC Odyssey. Since when did this anti consumer forced bullshit become normal? Is there really no way to play it without Ubisoft account? Keeping console disconnected from internet is pain in the ass too.

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Renting this at the moment. Played the first hour or so. Seems fun, but I'm also wondering if I can really justify investing a minimum of 20-30 hours in this thing when it seems just "good 7/10." I'll see where I'm at after 5 hours, and no harm done as this is the exact reason I rented it.