• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone on PS5 encounter a bug in the menu where the inventory always has the 'new' notification although there's nothing new you've obtained? I looked at customizations and other key items, but it just won't go away. Considering multiple reports of game breaking bugs, I guess I'm just worried that it may lead to problems down the road. I do have an auto-save about and hour and a half back that isn't affected, but replaying all the stuff I've collected just in that time seems like a pain in the ass. Am I being too overly cautious/paranoid?

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
So I bought this as an Xmas present from my Sister to me and am currently in the process of testing it to make sure it works OK, and apart from being delightful to play so far (and the Z/P banter not being as annoying as I found it watching playthrough previews), I'm not noticing any stuttering in performance mode on PS5.

There was a pretty beefy patch (1.002? 7.75gb)...not sure if this is the D1 or something more.

I feel this is a game I will actually be able to complete - both from a skill perspective and time allocation. Just annoying that I'll have a 2 week break after today before I can play it again!

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
12 hours in and I still havent left the 1st real zone (after starter). Its just so colorful and fun and the combat is a blast. Playing it on hard was definitely the right choice,some battles are brutal but satisfying.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Halp! Anyone know why I can't access the online features? No season pass or nothing. I want to check on my Ubisoft rewards and can't 😒.
Anyway, loving this game.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's an odd behaviour in this game I figured I'd mention in case it's caught anyone else out. I was wondering if my sticks are drifting but its actually the game. I dunno if this happens on Xbox as well but on Ps5 at least if you open the map or inventory, so touchpad menu, the camera will softly drift to the left or right for a brief while after.

It had me worried for a second but just seems to be an odd bug

Last edited:

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
There's an odd behaviour in this game I figured I'd mention in case it's caught anyone else out. I was wondering if my sticks are drifting but its actually the game. I dunno if this happens on Xbox as well but on Ps5 at least if you open the map or inventory, so touchpad menu, the camera will softly drift to the left or right for a brief while after.

It had me worried for a second but just seems to be an odd bug

I noticed that quite early on, then today I realized the camera was pointing me to the direction of my next objective. Not sure if that's always the case, and maybe it was just a coincidence this time. But yeah it happens on Xbox

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Loving this game to bits and I'm only 3 regions in (tutorial, valley and still haven't completed war's den)

Also 26 hours in 3 days, please help...

Edit: I don't get the hate for the dialogue between Zeus and Prometheus, maybe it has to do with reading Stephen Fry's greek trilogy (Mythos, Heroes & Troy) recently. Fry could have played Zeus and the game would be a 10/10 instantly for me 😁

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm 6 hours in and doing...
the Aphrodite tears section. I'm getting the last tear which is near the big Griffon - damn I can't seem to take her health down that far. I assume I may need to come back to it later on and move onto something else?

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Halp! Anyone know why I can't access the online features? No season pass or nothing. I want to check on my Ubisoft rewards and can't 😒.
Anyway, loving this game.

If you're playing on Series X I found that Quick Resume would cause this. I had to actually quit out of the game and open it again before I could access any of the live components.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
If you're playing on Series X I found that Quick Resume would cause this. I had to actually quit out of the game and open it again before I could access any of the live components.
Thanks for the reply. I'm on PS5 and can't find a solution to it. I did what you recommended and it didn't work.

just when I actually was thinking about buying some cosmetics, I can't. 😆 must be a sign

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
This thread doens't have enought screenshots, man. Game is gorgeous.

Say no more:

0peAn9.png

0pe8Qo.png

0peW52.png

0pejTv.png

0peIU5.png

0pe0OC.png

0pegZz.png

0persT.png

0petub.png

Deleted member 18847

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asked about the PS5 stutter other day and some poster kindly answered (sorry, forgot to respond) and they said it was irritating for them.

I'm still super interested and I'm watching as much gameplay as I can... just how bad is it to everyone else?

I'll be honest, I'm hoping someone says it's fine. lol Watched some high quality videos and I can't really see it, but I don't know.

I can see it when the camera pans slowly, but I can't really catch it in regular gameplay.
I'm just playing it in the 4k/30 mode until they fix the performance mode. It still feels great, for some reason it feels better than AC valhalla's 30 FPS mode.

Erdtree

Oct 25, 2017
Does phosphor automatically use the specail abilities or do i have to press something because its seems never to do anything except follow me lol

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone on PS5 encounter a bug in the menu where the inventory always has the 'new' notification although there's nothing new you've obtained? I looked at customizations and other key items, but it just won't go away. Considering multiple reports of game breaking bugs, I guess I'm just worried that it may lead to problems down the road. I do have an auto-save about and hour and a half back that isn't affected, but replaying all the stuff I've collected just in that time seems like a pain in the ass. Am I being too overly cautious/paranoid?
In case anyone else experiences this and is worried like I was - the reason the new notification on the inventory wouldn't go away was because I had unlocked a skin for Phosphor before I had unlocked Phosphor -_- Once I unlocked him and could access his customization menu, it went away.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted to play this yesterday. It came in from Gamefly but so did my new TV stand.. well 4 hours later the TV stand was built and I went to bed. At least today when I play my entertainment center looks really nice.

Deleted member 84949

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
Asked about the PS5 stutter other day and some poster kindly answered (sorry, forgot to respond) and they said it was irritating for them.

I'm still super interested and I'm watching as much gameplay as I can... just how bad is it to everyone else?

I'll be honest, I'm hoping someone says it's fine. lol Watched some high quality videos and I can't really see it, but I don't know.

I can see it when the camera pans slowly, but I can't really catch it in regular gameplay.
Its really hard to say if youll be fine with it or not. For me example its still better on perf mode vs quality mode. However, I havent played much because I wanna experience the game to its full potential.

The judder is clearly noticeable with camera panning yes. For me, in regular gameplay its more like a feeling of something being off. Like, it doesnt quite feel good / right. People's mileage will vary here. Its hard to give a solid recommendation on what to do.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Gave this a rental and really liked it. Not quite as fun as genshin but definitely better than BOTW for me. Think I'll pick it up on pc after I finish cyberpunk later this month. I really enjoy the back and forth between zeus and prometheus. Better than I expected it to be for sure!

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Its really hard to say if youll be fine with it or not. For me example its still better on perf mode vs quality mode. However, I havent played much because I wanna experience the game to its full potential.

The judder is clearly noticeable with camera panning yes. For me, in regular gameplay its more like a feeling of something being off. Like, it doesnt quite feel good / right. People's mileage will vary here. Its hard to give a solid recommendation on what to do.
I'm playing on PS5 and have no idea what people are talking about with stuttering. It runs great on performance mode imo.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Still busy with Valhalla, but this is right up my alley since I loved Odyssey and BOTW.

Will probably work on my backlog for now and await a price drop, but I'm damn excited to play it!

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on PS5 and have no idea what people are talking about with stuttering. It runs great on performance mode imo.
Got it yesterday. Started quality then switched to performance, noticed the judder right way and switched it right back.
Hope they don't take too long with a patch but game is gorgeous with quality mode anyway, especially during cutscenes.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
The ps4 version with ps5 upgrade, as well as the Xbox version, are both currently on sale for $40 on amazon right now.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Got it yesterday. Started quality then switched to performance, noticed the judder right way and switched it right back.
Hope they don't take too long with a patch but game is gorgeous with quality mode anyway, especially during cutscenes.
I set up the option to always select performance mode so I never seen the other mode. Ima stick with performance mode. I honestly don't see a judder. We need a Digital Foundry analysis pronto.

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
What is up with the Duel sense in this game? Is it true that it disable all haptics/rumble when you enter a menu?

Robin Hood

Oct 27, 2017
FYI Amazon has it for $40 right now with coupon. I was eyeing playing it on pc but caved at this price and will play it on my series X (first world problems). Really excited to dive in!

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
After completing the first 3-4 areas 100%, I unlocked final area and ended up getting to "the point of no return". Decide to see the ending and finished the game. 55 hours up to that point (spending a TON of time on side dungeons and puzzles and clearing everything I could). I'm pretty sure I still have at least another 20+ hours left to 100% it. Great game, great value. Really impressed.

Oct 27, 2017
this is the ULTIMATE podcast game. load up spotify in xbox (or ps!), play a funny/entertaining podcast while you do side missions and explore. so fucking fun.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm loving this a lot more than I thought I would. I'm 10 hours in and I've only explored the tutorial and Aphrodite's areas, but I'm having a blast.

The game is gorgeous, too. I find myself climbing to high places just to look at the landscape.

EopSWr2W8AIrvOH

EouEWFrW8AIGnwP

EowADIXXMAM6DXN

PapaDev

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish I could enjoy this game, but the "humour" is really making it hard. I've never cringed so much before. I'll keep giving it a try, but I'm not a fan of the tone.

Graphics wise, I've preferred Valhalla so far.

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
I was going to get Valhalla, but reading this thread has given me second thoughts. I've been in a major gaming rut and Demon's Souls has been kicking my teeth in. Now, I'm unsure what to get.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Everywhere I look people are gushing about this game. Maybe not even liking it that much at first but it just grows on them and it's a great podcast game to go through and just take your time with and enjoy. I had some rewards at BB plus an extra 10% for my birthday and I get to pick it up for $40 tomorrow. Pretty excited. How's performance mode? Is that the recommended mode to use? (PS5)

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
This game really came out of left field for me. I didn't expect much but I've been enjoying the heck out of it so far. It's especially refreshing coming off of Valhalla.

Was concerned about the reports of stutter on PS5 but it's been smooth for me with no issue at all.