• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Male with band in hair for the best Kid Icarus meets Zelda experience.

Also for anyone wondering if you don't like your initial character you can change looks after the tutorial, including gender.

Immortals-Fenyx-Rising-male-Fenyx.png

Thanks good to know.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Yeah, I was originally wondering if maybe there was an ability that would have made it more reasonable.

I was ultimately able to pull it off using your original method, but I agree it certainly feels like a BOTW style stretch of the game's mechanics/physics. But hey, results are results! Haha.

In fact, Ares's Wrath would have trivialized it (like it does many other puzzles... lol).

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
I've been feeling pretty burnt out with video games over the last few months – not really enjoying what I've been playing and kind of going through the motions.

This game has been a tonic for me. Such a pleasure to play and is really great at capturing a sense of exploration and wonder that I found lacking in Ghost of Tsushima and Valhalla.

This lowkey might be my GOT.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I've been feeling pretty burnt out with video games over the last few months – not really enjoying what I've been playing and kind of going through the motions.

This game has been a tonic for me. Such a pleasure to play and is really great at capturing a sense of exploration and wonder that I found lacking in Ghost of Tsushima and Valhalla.

This lowkey might be my GOT.
Yeah same I'm really enjoying it. I don't see the issues other than the art style but even that isn't ugly just feels a bit cheap.

the actual gameplay is really fun. I just hope it sells enough so they can continue the IP

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if the Season Pass is worth getting? Did they say when the extra content will drop? So far I'm enjoying it enough to get the season pass I think.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Wasnt going to buy this for some time because of cyberpunk release, but ended up impulse buying this yesterday and honestly i love it. I quite enjoy the banter and it got a few gigfles out of me although it can be too much sometimes, female voice acting I find pretty endearing. Game looks incredible on series x, kinda like pre downgrade zelda but even better. I find the movement and combag very responsive however the combat is pretty simplistic so far but that will change most likely. The world has been full of interesting places and puzzles and gear system seems pretty meaningful. Its waaaay better than valhalla which I dropped after 15 hours.

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This really is a joy to play. Can't seem to put it down, and with the fast load from rest mode, I can go straight into it again during a 15min break at work.

Love the art style, gameplay, humour etc - and playing it with headphones on is SO much better as you can hear the subtle things like pomegranates in trees etc

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
This really is a joy to play. Can't seem to put it down, and with the fast load from rest mode, I can go straight into it again during a 15min break at work.

Love the art style, gameplay, humour etc - and playing it with headphones on is SO much better as you can hear the subtle things like pomegranates in trees etc
Agreed. A joy to play and with headphones adds detailed sounds to the immersion.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Coming off of Valhalla its amazing how much more satisfying this is to play. Valhalla felt like I was being bombarded with memes disguised as side quests and markers to tick off. Here im actually getting useful stuff just for checking the occasional suspect looking spot, and while the writing is cheesy, it has got a few laughs which I'm taking as an upgrade over hearing decades old memes repeated around the game world.

I feel like I've got more progress on the story in the first 2 hours of this game as well than I did in the first 80 of Valhalla. Ubisoft really need to make more stuff like this as they're actually not bad at it, whereas I cant say the same of their endless floundering with their big IP's

Ubisoft have been real weird about using triggers as opposed to rumble, almost like they genuinely aren't aware they are two separate features. AC Valhalla had the same issue with the puzzles you have to line up and entering water etc for a while but they patched it sometime last week. Hopefully they do the same here and actually use the rumble.

Preach. I've had more fun in 4 hrs with this than I did in 20 with Valhalla. What a chore that game was. Best decision was to give up on it, which I thankfully did.

Fenyx is a blast.

Last edited:

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I'm REALLY enjoying this game, it's probably all been said before in the thread but I love how easy it is.. not difficulty wise, just play wise. I can sit down and think ok just play for an hour.. 3 hours passed by and I'm like.. oh crap.
I've been wanting an action rpg-ish world to fight, fly/glide, discover and puzzle solve. It's so relaxing.. and I even really like the main theme! (I'm not a huge fan of VG/Movie music).

EDIT - Oh it's the guy who did Ori.. Explains why it's so good.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Think I've encountered a main game stopping bug 😔 So I'm doing Remember Herakles missions, went in the vault and defeated the 3 headed hound, came out got the cut scene. But when I go to the next part, I read the inscription then go to the quest area but everything has the lock symbol on it. I've watched YouTube videos and the lock symbols are supposed to disappear allowing you to finish the quest, so I guess my game is fucking over, hate this

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Does this game not work very well with Quick Resume? Seems like everytime I use it the connection to the Ubisoft servers gets broken. Meaning I can't access any live tasks or the shop.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game not work very well with Quick Resume? Seems like everytime I use it the connection to the Ubisoft servers gets broken. Meaning I can't access any live tasks or the shop.
I assume you're talking about the Xbox quick resume and not the ps5 activity card resume? If so, this is a bit of a Ubisoft issue I think. Some people were saying the same with AC and quick resume, which resulted in no trophies popping when not connected to the server. People had also complained of trophies not popping after a loss off connection. I think in general them tacking on this stuff is just causing unnecessary issues.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I assume you're talking about the Xbox quick resume and not the ps5 activity card resume? If so, this is a bit of a Ubisoft issue I think. Some people were saying the same with AC and quick resume, which resulted in no trophies popping when not connected to the server. People had also complained of trophies not popping after a loss off connection. I think in general them tacking on this stuff is just causing unnecessary issues.

Yeah I'm talking about the Series X and actual Quick Resume. It's not that big of an issue, I was playing last night and thought there servers were having issues. But noticed this afternoon it was working fine then played a quick round of Fortnite, went back to Immortals and none of the live stuff was working after QR.

I had issues with Activity Cards on Miles Morales so I'm avoiding them for now too.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
The estimates of 20-30 hours for this game seem way off. I'm like 14 hours in and still in the first major area (not the starting area).

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
PSA - GAME ENDING BUG ALERT - this happened to me and now I can't progress in the game anymore so be aware of this when playing.

1)was doing the Stein of Heracles mission, you are supposed to do a pressure plate puzzle, which unlocks the door to a vault to fight the hound of hell boss vault.

2) For some reason the game let me in the vault first. I beat the boss, got the cutscene and....

3) Now the game prompts me to do the pressure plate puzzle but it's locked - you can't unlock it by breaking the corrupted material so it can't be solved anymore, so the mission can't be completed.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Something that I really think could've elevated this game a little that it doesn't really have... more adventurous/whimsical music.

Now, I don't wanna hammer home more Zelda comparisons. But think about the fantastical, catchy tunes that permeate the Zelda series. Immortals has nothing like that. I'm thinking of making a playlist and sticking it on in the background.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
The estimates of 20-30 hours for this game seem way off. I'm like 14 hours in and still in the first major area (not the starting area).

Yeah that estimate is fucking crazy. I'm also still running around the first area, haven't even done any main story stuff outside of unlocking the "home base". Just exploring and enjoying the hell out of the puzzles i come across and the combat.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
Ok not sure what has happened but if anyone can help me with the following -

Purchased the game via epic, installed it and launched
It had me link to my uplay account (no problem, did it for ac valhalla and watch dogs before)
Verified through a browser and said its good to go
Launched again and it started up the uplay launcher
Got a uplay popup asking me for a key
Looked it up and its a common issue that needs players to restart both launchers
Did just that, same issue
Restarted the pc and same issue
Checked my uplay library and apparently the ubisoft+ version of the game was shown as installed (never subbed to it, ever)
downloaded and reinstalled the game, same issue
HELP :(

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

I assume that's an estimate made by reviewers who try to rush their way through games in order to move on to the next one. "Normal" players would likely have a longer play time.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do the constellation myths not tick off like the rest of the map? I've done it a while ago and am looking for anything I've missed but I can't see any missed treasures

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Before I catch too much shit: I am enjoying the game overall. But there is something I feel really strong about:

This world is just too dense, which makes it not very fun to traverse. The map is so busy I often can't even find myself on it. The whole "climb high, see something in the distance, fly to it" gameplay loop just doesn't feel nearly satisfying enough here because I often lose sight of what I was flying towards on the descent. And there is so much verticality that requires climbing (even more than a game like BotW), and yet the stamina gage feels terrible--it depletes WAY too quickly. It makes me never want to actually climb.

It's fine. The puzzles are at least interesting enough to keep me going. But something about this map/world just isn't jiving with me.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Before I catch too much shit: I am enjoying the game overall. But there is something I feel really strong about:

This world is just too dense, which makes it not very fun to traverse. The map is so busy I often can't even find myself on it. The whole "climb high, see something in the distance, fly to it" gameplay loop just doesn't feel nearly satisfying enough here because I often lose sight of what I was flying towards on the descent. And there is so much verticality that requires climbing (even more than a game like BotW), and yet the stamina gage feels terrible--it depletes WAY too quickly. It makes me never want to actually climb.

It's fine. The puzzles are at least interesting enough to keep me going. But something about this map/world just isn't jiving with me.
How far are you? You unlock more stamina and you can jump while climbing, you can use stamina potions while climbing also. I have zero problems with climbing. Game feels great. You unlock boasting while flying also.

I hated climbing in BOTW. It always rains when u really want to climb or you run out of stamina and there is nothing you can do.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
How far are you? You unlock more stamina and you can jump while climbing, you can use stamina potions while climbing also. I have zero problems with climbing. Game feels great. You unlock boasting while flying also.

I hated climbing in BOTW. It always rains when u really want to climb or you run out of stamina and there is nothing you can do.

I'm about 20 hours in, and have unlocked those things.

Full disclosure: I have like 200 hours in BotW and it is my favorite game of all time. I never went into this game with expectations that it would match nor do I generally feel the need to compare them. I just find that exploring this world often feels more like I chore to me than I would prefer. Luckily enough, I enjoy the combat and puzzles well enough to keep me going.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

I know you probably already have done this, but have you upgraded stamina? Even one or two extra bars really helps. I actually like the climbing in this better than in Zelda. There's always some perfectly placed flat outcropping to let me regenerate stamina. And none of that BOTW slippery rock/rain bullshit.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Took me 33 hours with full upgrades and about 70% of collectibles / side content done. You can easily beat this game in 20-30 hours.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Took me 33 hours with full upgrades and about 70% of collectbles. You can easily beat this game in 20-30 hours.
I'm not saying you can't beat it in 20-30 hours, I'm saying providing that as an estimate of play time is a little disingenuous. Feel like you'd need to be rushing through it to get it done that quickly.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017

Full disclosure: I have like 200 hours in BotW and it is my favorite game of all time. I never went into this game with expectations that it would match nor do I generally feel the need to compare them. I just find that exploring this world often feels more like I chore to me than I would prefer. Luckily enough, I enjoy the combat and puzzles well enough to keep me going.

This game fixed most of the issues I had with BOTW. I am enjoying the traversal of the game. Running, then when you run out of stamina, jump on your horse, use its stamina then jump off and glide then boost hit the ground then do it again.

The amount of time I fell to my death in BOTW I don't want to remember. I have not died falling while climbing yet and I maybe feel off from climbing a few times but that was very early game.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Really? I more or less finished the first area is like 3-4 hours lol. I think I have some rifts and stuff left which may bulk up the playtime but it seems like a pretty quick game overall to me so far

Strat

Apr 8, 2018

Fully agreed with you. And yes, the climbing isn't good and I avoid it as much as possible.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Asked about the PS5 stutter other day and some poster kindly answered (sorry, forgot to respond) and they said it was irritating for them.

I'm still super interested and I'm watching as much gameplay as I can... just how bad is it to everyone else?

I'll be honest, I'm hoping someone says it's fine. lol Watched some high quality videos and I can't really see it, but I don't know.

I can see it when the camera pans slowly, but I can't really catch it in regular gameplay.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
The amount of times I've fallen off of things because I just can't climb up unless I move over a foot is mind-boggling.

Its still a blast, but I just wish it was just as easy as "keep pressing the stick forward". The climbing on BotW is just slightly better

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
The amount of times I've fallen off of things because I just can't climb up unless I move over a foot is mind-boggling.

Its still a blast, but I just wish it was just as easy as "keep pressing the stick forward". The climbing on BotW is just slightly better

A couple of really handy navigation tips (for you or anyone interested):

When on wall, go neutral and then jump away and jump back.

Also, combine that with Ares Wrath to get even higher.

I agree about the tiny ledge issue, though!

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Finished up at 22 hours with 55% map completion. Played on normal and died a few times.

This game is surprisingly great and is in no way a lesser-amalgam of other games like BotW and AC. It's easily 8.5/10 territory for me.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
the stamina stuff is dumb. Like I can literally swing a sword 100 times fighting something but can't climb 10 ft without falling?

also the dialogue and acting is cringe (not blaming the actors, just the direction really). It's more often than not pulling me out of the story.

*Edit: I should say that otherwise, i'm loving the game.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA

I get where you are coming from, and with your original post... I absolutely love BOTW as well. I think there is a line for this type of game... one where the world is sometimes TOO empty (BOTW) and one where the game is sometimes TOO full (Fenyx).

What I do like is being basically being shut down to get to certain vertical areas because I am simply not able to without using a TON of stamina mats. So yes I can make it up sure, but I am wiped for shrooms/potions at that point. So smarter thing would be to come climb this thing later. I like the choice I think.. even if I am thinking "ah man, bullshit!!" at times...heh.

I will form a full opinion on climbing/stamina once I max it out and see if I can get everywhere without using tons of potions/shrooms.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
the stamina stuff is dumb. Like I can literally swing a sword 100 times fighting something but can't climb 10 ft without falling?

also the dialogue and acting is cringe (not blaming the actors, just the direction really). It's more often than not pulling me out of the story.

*Edit: I should say that otherwise, i'm loving the game.

This is where stamina potions come into play. I rarely use them for any other reason except to climb an extremely high cliff (and/or shortcut it with Ares Wrath). Don't really need it anywhere else because attacking with Sword grants it back. If I'm ever on a ledge with low stam, I chug one and I have a bunch of stacks back. Keep going. I also have like a million spare blue shrooms.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
depends how much exploring you do.
If you just sort of go where supposed to, it's only an hour in.

let me know what happens when you get there !
Ok, got there - you need to shoot the bow with the controls for Apollos arrow, ZL+ hold R and as long as you do not let go of the R button your vision goes with the arrow and you can navigate it with the left stick

Last edited:

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Ok, got there - you need to shoot the bow with the controls for Apollos arrow, ZL+ hold R and as long as you do not let go of the R button your vision goes with the arrow and you can navigate it with the left stick

Yea, you know, the issue was the tutorial never popped up.
I didn't get the on screen prompt to use the Apollo Arrow, so that's sort of why I was struggling because I didn't know i could use homing arrows!

I eventually looked it up on YT, saw someone else do it, and then it worked and I got passed that part no problem.

so weird.

thanks for the follow up

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
ok this is really bothering me and i cant figure it out. is there a button you can hold in order to grab a block? like so that you can pull it backwards? im referring to the picture puzzle where you gotta make the pic by placing blocks in the right place

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
ok this is really bothering me and i cant figure it out. is there a button you can hold in order to grab a block? like so that you can pull it backwards? im referring to the picture puzzle where you gotta make the pic by placing blocks in the right place

Push only (for fresco puzzles). You can, however, push a stack of 2 if there's room behind them.