• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This game is pretty fun so far. Issue I have with games like this is variety so we'll see.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Three hours and I finally finished the prologue island. I tried some of the things that said it might be too hard. 🤦‍♂️

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The game does not give a good first impression imo. The cartoon intro looks bad. The humour in the first in-game cutscene falls flat. The controls are janky and the UI does not look good. This hardly seems to be of the same quality as the best Zelda clones such as Darksiders.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
The game does not give a good first impression imo. The cartoon intro looks bad. The humour in the first in-game cutscene falls flat. The controls are janky and the UI does not look good. This hardly seems to be of the same quality as the best Zelda clones such as Darksiders.

As someone that worked on the Darksiders series (in a combat role), I'm absolutely enjoying this game and the puzzles they've thrown at me so far. The game feels very high-quality, at least on PC (don't have any experience with the other versions). I actually enjoy the writing (again, have to treat it like a Saturday morning cartoon) and the combat as well... which I think is more fun than BOTW combat. That being said, I definitely have a few gripes with a couple of things, combat-wise.

I'm still interested to see how it holds up as I get closer and closer to finishing it, but right now, I find it thoroughly enjoyable. I hope others give it a chance... definitely a surprise hit for me!

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
As someone that worked on the Darksiders series (in a combat role), I'm absolutely enjoying this game and the puzzles they've thrown at me so far. The game feels very high-quality, at least on PC (don't have any experience with the other versions). I actually enjoy the writing (again, have to treat it like a Saturday morning cartoon) and the combat as well... which I think is more fun than BOTW combat. That being said, I definitely have a few gripes with a couple of things, combat-wise.

I'm still interested to see how it holds up as I get closer and closer to finishing it, but right now, I find it thoroughly enjoyable. I hope others give it a chance... definitely a surprise hit for me!

Off topic but I expressed some concern about combat in a pre-release video of Remnant here and you assured me you'd get there in the end. Took me a while to get around to playing it but y'all did a great job. Congrats on the success!

OT, happy for the positive impressions in here. Definitely looking forward to getting some Uplay+ to play this and Valhalla once some DLC starts releasing.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

I do agree that the tutorial is not the best. But once you get through that the game really takes off. A few hours in after the tutorial and it feels like the Gods and Monsters game I wanted to play a year ago. The exploration alone is just amazing.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Is cross save working for everyone?

trying to upload save from Swich and Load it from PS5, but Load from Online on my ps5 is grayed out

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The more I play this, and I mean this in a flattering way, the more it kinda feels like old-school Rare imitating Breath of the Wild to me.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This has become the surprise game of the year for me. Not saying it is game of the year, but the most surprising/impressive games for the year at least for me. It has the BoTW feel, but just taken up a notch. I love the combat and the graphics on Series X is impressive. Been mainly playing in Performance and it has been extremely smooth. Really loving the game as a whole and you really can just go out and explore or you can use the vision to mark items...but even when they are marked, some of them are still a challenge to find them since some are well hidden.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
HDR on recent ubi games are just broken as hell on my TV compared to literally every other game. This is somehow even worse than AC:V.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
This has become the surprise game of the year for me. Not saying it is game of the year, but the most surprising/impressive games for the year at least for me. It has the BoTW feel, but just taken up a notch. I love the combat and the graphics on Series X is impressive. Been mainly playing in Performance and it has been extremely smooth. Really loving the game as a whole and you really can just go out and explore or you can use the vision to mark items...but even when they are marked, some of them are still a challenge to find them since some are well hidden.

Agreed. They really nailed everything I loved about Breath of the Wild in this, that being said this is turning out to be one of my favorite Open World Fantasy games since BOTW.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I think they may have made a mistake by making characters fully invulnerable during specials moves. Some iFrames would make sense, but you can really just Hammer any time a scenario gets hectic and you are invulnerable. You'll eventually run out of Stamina, but if you have decent Stam setup, you'll always be able to make enough back to cast another Hammer (which only seems to need 1 pixel)

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
My problem with this game is, aside from it feeling kind of janky (the climbing in particular is not good) it's trying to do the BotW thing, while simultaneously missing the "exploration and discovery" aspect almost completely. I'm not going in a direction because it looks interesting or I see something suspicious, or I think there might be something hidden around a hill. I'm just standing on top of a tower and looking around to unlock points on a map and then going to them, which is like every other open world game.

The characters and writing are also just...impossible for me. I'm gonna keep plugging away at it, especially since I finished Yakuza 7, but so far it's a pretty average open world action game to me.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
HDR on recent ubi games are just broken as hell on my TV compared to literally every other game. This is somehow even worse than AC:V.

I turned the exposure down and it finally looks correct. Have you tried that yet?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
My problem with this game is, aside from it feeling kind of janky (the climbing in particular is not good) it's trying to do the BotW thing, while simultaneously missing the "exploration and discovery" aspect almost completely. I'm not going in a direction because it looks interesting or I see something suspicious, or I think there might be something hidden around a hill. I'm just standing on top of a tower and looking around to unlock points on a map and then going to them, which is like every other open world game.

The characters and writing are also just...impossible for me. I'm gonna keep plugging away at it, especially since I finished Yakuza 7, but so far it's a pretty average open world action game to me.

Just don't use the vision to discover anything.

I haven't used it in 30 hours so far and the discovery and exploration is some of the best I've played in an open world game.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Everytime the game cheats me out of a parry because the enemy is too big and misses me on their first swing because of bad AI aim, only to course correct and nail me with the precision of a guided missile I lose my mind.

This is especially frustrating during the Atlanta wraith encounters where one would normally be able to space themselves appropriately. Only you have to deal with a suped up bear while dodging a never-ending stream of arrows.

Atlanta feels really unbalanced. Fought her wraith three times now. Each time, I come out bloodied.

Achilles was a push over. To be truthful, Atlanta is too, but that bear in addition to her sniping is wrecking my damned day.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Everytime the game cheats me out of a parry because the enemy is too big and misses me on their first swing because of bad AI aim, only to course correct and nail me with the precision of a guided missile I lose my mind.

This is especially frustrating during the Atlanta wraith encounters where one would normally be able to space themselves appropriately. Only you have to deal with a suped up bear while dodging a never-ending stream of arrows.

Atlanta feels really unbalanced. Fought her wraith three times now. Each time, I come out bloodied.

Achilles was a push over. To be truthful, Atlanta is too, but that bear in addition to her sniping is wrecking my damned day.

Once I realized that special moves have full invulnerability, I stopped using parry altogether (except for one fight where it was pretty handy). Buy Hammer... when enemy goes red, use it. It's pretty silly. Unsure why they put so many iFrames on the specials.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
So far i think the combat is good and fun, better than i expected. But the rest is pretty boring. I did not like BotW so i can see the comparisons. But i just in the main island so i hope it gets better.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I like how you can completely and utterly break puzzles in the game with certain ability upgrades. It makes puzzles more straightforward, but you can also do some completely out of the box stuff with them, real fun.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
One thing I do like about Immortals: Fenyx Rising is even if you aren't knowledgeable about Greek mythology, this game does a TON of work of filling in the blanks for you and giving a good background story on the myths at least in a sort of abridged manner. I mean sure it doesn't go into specific details of Aphrodite's birth for example because that would probably bump up the age rating for the game but it dwelling into the mythology is nice.

I wonder if the reason why they changed the game of the title from Gods and Monsters is because they plan to cover more mythologies in a possible sequel.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Somone can help me to decide if i get it or not ? The feel enough challenging on hardest mode ? Does it have any sort of stat or level scaling in the game ? I usualy be careful with Ubisoft game on that aspect. thank you !

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has the stutter on the ps5 been patched? Really want to get the game but that video from VG Tech has me on hold.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Somone can help me to decide if i get it or not ? The feel enough challenging on hardest mode ? Does it have any sort of stat or level scaling in the game ? I usualy be careful with Ubisoft game on that aspect. thank you !

Not sure if one would consider this level scaling, but there is a plethora of enemies too hard to fight beginning in the starting area.

There are quests where they are and you basically have to avoid these mobs until later in the game, but you can still finish the quests while avoiding them.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

There's a difference in exploration if you're going around, looking for stuff yourself compared to you just marking points on a map and having everything done for you.

In your case, I wouldn't blame the game for no sense of exploration. It isn't forcing you to mark things, which definitely kills the enjoyment of the game.

Would you consider maybe disabling some of the HUD elements and possibly not marking things, just to try and make things more of a discovery rather than a checklist?

I do agree with the climbing, though. I feel it can be a bit better but I usually just jump off then double jump to get higher, lol.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Is it called sand because it lies between the sea and land?

Fucking stupid, but I couldn't help but laugh. 🤣

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug with crouching? I can hold the B button or I can smash it a million times and my character just decides to actually crouch whenever she wants to.

Sir Sonic

Jan 14, 2020
Switch port is weird
in Dock mode, The Picture Quality is good (downgrades in models and lightings aside) but the Game does not Run smooth AT ALL. A lot of buffering and jumping to 25 fps. And I couldn't believe my eyes when sometimes, very sudden but shortly, The Game was unlocking its framerate to 60fps for 2 seconds then returning to 30-ish.
And in portable mode. It runs smooth enough, but god! the Picture quality hurts me.

Overall It's not unplayable. And I'm fine with that.
The Game is Super fun overall. It's a Mix of Batman Arkham & Zelda BOTW stuff. Action is meh, but Puzzles are surprisingly well designed.

My only BIG problem with the game is its upgrade system, which not only is very generic, but also super tedious. I'm about 7 hours into game and I still don't know how to get red gems. It's just there :/

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Exploration in this game is A+. Whenever you come across a landmark you can be sure something is waiting for you. It's so rewarding.

There is one review site which I trust most because I almost always see the same pros and cons. That site gave it an 87/100 and so far I agree.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug with crouching? I can hold the B button or I can smash it a million times and my character just decides to actually crouch whenever she wants to.

I was in a Vault, and one part requires you crouch. I pressed B so much, wondering what the hell was going on, lol. So I definitely had this bug happen to me. Rarely happened in 25 hours but it happened.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
How does this run on PS5? Other than the stuttering camera which I imagine could be really annoying...)? Is it "a looker"? 🤨

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Played it on series x performance mode for 3 hrs and would still bE playing if life outside of it didn't exist. Love it. Exactly what I wanted.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I HATE the whole process of having to reveal things on the map, seems so slow and clunky, just.. frigging doing it for me.

Other than that I'm having fun.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I HATE the whole process of having to reveal things on the map, seems so slow and clunky, just.. frigging doing it for me.

Other than that I'm having fun.

I dislike it too, but I think the point of it was to give the player a choice. You get the full experience/adventure aspect by not using it (you still can clear the clouds by revealing the area of course). Then you decide if you want "help" to points of interest. I think they could have done it a bit better, but I think I get where they were going with it.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I dislike it too, but I think the point of it was to give the player a choice. You get the full experience/adventure aspect by not using it (you still can clear the clouds by revealing the area of course). Then you decide if you want "help" to points of interest. I think they could have done it a bit better, but I think I get where they were going with it.

Yeah I meant to say in my post, I know nobody is forcing me to do these things, but I'm the weird sort who finds comfort in knowing where something is on a map. I'd hate to think I was missing out on a great price of armour cos I happened to be wandering in the wrong direction.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Yeah I meant to say in my post, I know nobody is forcing me to do these things, but I'm the weird sort who finds comfort in knowing where something is on a map. I'd hate to think I was missing out on a great price of armour cos I happened to be wandering in the wrong direction.

100%. I turned off compass and quest log (you don't need either IMO). I still use the scan because I don't want to miss anything cool. Because of that, it feels clunky like you mentioned. I would have rather NOTHING... but perhaps a way to reveal stuff later through actual exploration. You know, like "clues to the location of a treasure that you haven't found" or something. General exploration without it is really cool, but you feel like you are missing out because the Scan exists.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Near Aphrodite's Palace there's a Vault which I can't get into because I have a certain power missing. Any idea which one?

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
OT says this is Genre: Adventure??? This looks more like an Action RPG or Monster Hunter type game, or am I off on that thinking?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've played a little over 10.5 hours and have restored Aphrodite fully. I'm having a whole lot of fun, but it really feels like this game came in hot. I'm playing on XSX and have had one freeze during a crafting cut scene and three crashes back to the dash.

I wonder if the progression stats are bugged, because I went from 11% complete to 56% just by wrapping up the aforementioned and that's the only part of the map I've even opened up.