• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I finally figured out what this game reminds me of:

Galleon. A big open world with tons of verticality, rewarding exploration and environmental puzzles.

This game is like Galleon purged of its jank.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
The stuttering in this bugs me less than the frame pacing in bloodborne to be honest.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I've played for a couple hours now.

I have the most fun when I don't check the map, just wander around like I'm playing Skyrim and see what I bump into

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have HDR looking right? I have a CX, and Series X calibrated like the main thread here. Not sure what to put the in game settings on though HDR luminance on 2000 and exposure on .5 like I have Valhalla on PS5, just looks terrible.
The luminance settings perhaps? The CX iirc is a 1000 nit display so by setting your game to 2000 I'd imagine its negatively impacting it.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Someone earlier in this thread said the game is like a Saturday morning cartoon and I borrowed the game from my brother (who forgot he pre-ordered it and doesn't want to play right now).

That description is spot on and I'm actually enjoying what I'm playing (I've put about 2+ hours in so far and "officially" met the thief). I'm fully surprised by this game.

Jun 17, 2018
Put like 8 hours into the game so far, combat is fun but shallow. The exploration and puzzles are great so far though, there's usually a small puzzle related to most things I've explored. If you enjoyed breath of the wild this game is a no brainer to pick up. Glad I didn't touch watch dogs legion or Valhalla and went for this game. I hope this does decent to warrant a sequel.

I bought Valhalla after enjoying Odyssey and now I'm disappointed that I did. I've not played it yet but I'm almost certain that I would enjoy this game so much more.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
The Switch game has been delayed in New Zealand until next week. At least I'll have time to beat Hyrule Warriors before I can grab a copy.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Someone earlier in this thread said the game is like a Saturday morning cartoon and I borrowed the game from my brother (who forgot he pre-ordered it and doesn't want to play right now).

That description is spot on and I'm actually enjoying what I'm playing (I've put about 2+ hours in so far and "officially" met the thief). I'm fully surprised by this game.

That's how I've been describing it to everyone, at least the dialogue and presentation. Personally, I really like the dialogue. It's light-hearted, it's fun, there are some adult-jokes and dirty insinuations here and there, and even fun pop culture references. It's just silly, and I love it!

Deleted member 84949

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
Said it before but the solution for me with Ubisoft HDR this fall has been Full range RGB on Console/PC and Black Level Low (or equivalent) on the TV. The "wrong" combination. Seems to work on Valhalla, Legion and this.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
depends how much exploring you do.
If you just sort of go where supposed to, it's only an hour in.

let me know what happens when you get there !
Not there yet (just had time for half an hour or so) but if I understand correctly this person had no such trouble, you might want to exchange notes. When I get here I'll let you know as well though.
I was able to do this with no issues a couple of days ago. I wouldn't worry.
Thanks!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thé more I keep playing the more I'm sure that there is an issue. It's really washed out. Contrast has a problem. Yet it's greyed out in hdr.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
I got this Thursday with my Xbox one and so far I'm really enjoying it, still don't quite have a handle on combat but puzzles are really fun. I've just been wondering around since the hall of gods and doing puzzles but I would like to upgrade some skills is if best to stick to main missions to get coins for upgrades ?

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I got this Thursday with my Xbox one and so far I'm really enjoying it, still don't quite have a handle on combat but puzzles are really fun. I've just been wondering around since the hall of gods and doing puzzles but I would like to upgrade some skills is if best to stick to main missions to get coins for upgrades ?

I think one of the first things to try to get is 5x dodge (it's just so handy). Also upgrading the gauntlets helps for puzzles. Other than that, really up to whatever you prefer. I also bought the Hammer skill, which is insanely strong.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Ares's Wrath is such a good ability when fully upgraded. Fills a good amount on the stun bar. Of course, doesn't do as much on bosses, for example, but very handy.

That's my most used ability.

It's also fun to launch enemies into the air then grab them and pull yourself towards them (using an ability). You can do this over and over if your stamina is good. Pretty much an infinite, haha.

Just hit the 23 hour mark. These puzzles are so fun. A few I left cause I needed a specific ability but man, just such a fun game to go through and explore.

Fully upgraded my Sword but haven't tested out the damage yet. Working on defense next since it's so low.

Been playing on Hard and hasn't been much trouble. If you unlock the right skills early on and really explore the map for new gear, you'll feel OP but there's definitely some challenges later on.

Sleeper hit of 2020 for sure. I knew next to nothing about the game. 10 minutes on the Stadia demo was enough to sell me. Highly recommend it.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So... what's an Epic Chest? There's one on an island in the Valley of Eternal Spring that I cannot figure out how to open for the life of me.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Ares's Wrath is such a good ability when fully upgraded. Fills a good amount on the stun bar. Of course, doesn't do as much on bosses, for example, but very handy.

That's my most used ability.

It's also fun to launch enemies into the air then grab them and pull yourself towards them (using an ability). You can do this over and over if your stamina is good. Pretty much an infinite, haha.

Just hit the 23 hour mark. These puzzles are so fun. A few I left cause I needed a specific ability but man, just such a fun game to go through and explore.

Fully upgraded my Sword but haven't tested out the damage yet. Working on defense next since it's so low.

Been playing on Hard and hasn't been much trouble. If you unlock the right skills early on and really explore the map for new gear, you'll feel OP but there's definitely some challenges later on.

Sleeper hit of 2020 for sure. I knew next to nothing about the game. 10 minutes on the Stadia demo was enough to sell me. Highly recommend it.

I think Hephaistos's Hammer is borderline broken. It's not the damage it does, it's the fact you are completely invincible while flipping before the slam. I just stay in close, ATK ATK ATK (with armor that gives DMG on full HP). When a red attack is incoming, just HAMMER. Not sure if the other abilities can do that (I literally just bought Athena's Dash now, 30 hours into the game, and I don't have Wrath).

I'm also playing on Hard. Will be interesting to see the final difficulty once the game is completed.

EDIT: Seems like Athena's Dash is also invuln. =O

Metro Cow

Nov 28, 2020
Just had my first PS5 hard crash while playing this game. Screen froze after I killed some enemies and the PS5 turned itself off. I had to go through the initial trauma of thinking my PS5 was bricked as it wouldn't turn back on via the controller. Thankfully it eventually responded after I pressed the power button on the front and it started doing a System Repair and database rebuild.

But immediately following that it then went to a black screen with the system flashing blue and nothing happened again for several minutes until I again pressed the power button at the front which put the system into Rest Mode for some reason. I pressed the button on the controller and it turned itself on normally and did another database rebuild. Once it was back on it told me that it had deleted my Immortals Fenyx Rising save data as it was corrupted.

My suspicion is that the game auto-saved at the same time that an update for Ghost of Tsushima might have tried to install on the external HDD, as the update was nearly finished downloading. And that's what caused the crash. I could be wrong but that seems to be the most logical cause.

Up until the point that it crashed I was really enjoying the game, I had the same weird HDR issues when everything was insanely red/orange in the first area but once I got to the mainland it looked stunning. The vaults I've played have really reminded me of Breath of the Wild shrines, in a good way. Thankfully, I only seem to have lost about 5 minutes of progression and I haven't lost all my save data.

Sony seriously need to patch out these system bugs as up until now I've had nothing but a great experience with the PS5.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Yes please! No rush, since I won't have time to play much this weekend, but any hints you've got would be amazing. :)

Edit: Just saw your second post. That is a hilarious solution, I will definitely give it a try next time I fire the game up.

I just bought Athena Dash and realized that it probably would have helped (not sure if you had it at the time). I might go back and try it just to see if that's what you are supposed to do. However, I still like my solution better. LOL

EDIT: I'm almost certain that's what it is supposed to be now that I've seen other scenarios.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shame about the performance on PS5. I was about to pick this up today. I'd buy it on PC, but Epic, so it's a no go.

Hopefully they get it sorted before it's in the bargain bin.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Is the stutter supposed to be noticeable during regular gameplay? I can only see it while spinning the camera for a while.

Metro Cow

Nov 28, 2020
I can tell it's not totally perfectly smooth and there are occasional stutters but it's still obviously 60fps and totally playable. Bad frame pacing makes me feel ill normally and this game has been fine so far.

Deleted member 84949

Banned
Nov 8, 2020
Is the stutter supposed to be noticeable during regular gameplay? I can only see it while spinning the camera for a while.
Its not the worst stutter ever but it is constant. Camera pan is the easiest way to noticed it. During normal gameplay its more like a feeling that somethings not quite right and smooth. Definitely playable for many and even unnoticeable for people who arent sensitive to it. It just sucks to have a suboptimal experience and it does constantly take me out of the game. Also several people have reported motion sickness issues because of it. Hopefully its patched soon.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Do you all think I could get 1080p/60 on this game with an i7 9750h and 1660ti laptop? Thinking about playing it on Ubisoft+.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
Has anyone else got the PS5 version of this on disc? Have you been able to update the game?

My PS5 crashed when trying to install this game. I'm not sure what happened. I put the disc in and the game went into copy mode and stayed at 1 percent. It said 99 hours wait time to install the game. I ejected the disc and then tried to delete the game content that was on there and the whole system hung up. Not sure what to do now.

EDIT

Tried it again and now it's installing fine..

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yes I have it on PS5. I have been able to update the game.
My PS5 crashed when trying to install this game. I'm not sure what happened. I put the disc in and the game went into copy mode and stayed at 1 percent. It said 99 hours wait time to install the game. I ejected the disc and then tried to delete the game content that was on there and the whole system hung up. Not sure what to do now.

EDIT

Tried it again and now it's installing fine..

So do you guys just put your disc in and the game instantly install? See, when I do, the game doesn't do that if I'm online. If I disconnect offline it will, but when I try to do a check for update I just get an error.

Edit: Literally right after I finished typing that the download just popped up in my queue lol. Guess it's still just buggy

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
So do you guys just put your disc in and the game instantly install? See, when I do, the game doesn't do that if I'm online. If I disconnect offline it will, but when I try to do a check for update I just get an error.

Edit: Literally right after I finished typing that the download just popped up in my queue lol. Guess it's still just buggy

Definitely a bit buggy, on my 2nd try it copied but there is also an 8 GB update that downloads at the same time. I'm just waiting for that to finish now.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
I keep finding these rock formations on the ground that look like they can be smashed to reveal a hole inside. Do I need a specific skill to do so? Maybe the one that slams the axe into the ground?

Also I'm on this sliding puzzle but I can only push the slides on the ground not pull which is making it harder. Is there a way to pull? They're heavy so the usual telekinesis doesn't work

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I keep finding these rock formations on the ground that look like they can be smashed to reveal a hole inside. Do I need a specific skill to do so? Maybe the one that slams the axe into the ground?

Not that I know of.

Also I'm on this sliding puzzle but I can only push the slides on the ground not pull which is making it harder. Is there a way to pull? They're heavy so the usual telekinesis doesn't work

No pulling. Something I realized on my 2nd or 3rd fresco was that you can push a double stack (if there's room).

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Game is running pretty good through geforce now. My chromecast google tv seemed buggy with but I set it to 720p60 and manually adjusted bitrate. I might try 1080 but right now it isnt crashing anymore and no latency issues whatsoever. I can run all the settings on high without a hitch.

I just finished the prologue and I am having a lot of fun.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I'm about 6 hours in on PS5- loving it!

Just a nice, feel good game. So bright and colorful. Playing on Quality mode, game looks amazing on my 65" OLED. Love the verticality of the world too!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

I haven't found a way to open them yet. I think they're just a visual thing to show that hell is spilling out from the underworld or whatever.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017

Galleon. A big open world with tons of verticality, rewarding exploration and environmental puzzles.

Haha, that's not a name I've heard in a long time. I used to think the free climbing and verticality in that game was so cool at the time.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018

Never got to play this one, but I've been having similar "classic 3D adventure platformer" vibes playing this.

Its just a very videogame-ass videogame, like a lost 32-bit or OG Xbox game updated with a modern open world. It's somehow not just a colorful coat of paint on top of an AC skeleton, even though on paper it seems like exactly that?

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia