• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does going to the vantage point still call out everything like reviews say even with the options you're using?

When you get to a vantage point, it typically points out big points of interest germane to the main story, but that's about it. Everything else you have to spot and mark yourself.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyways, there's some vaults that require the use of one of the bird's abilities, so if I would suggest folks get the bird ASAP, and then get the ability in the tree as soon as you can.

I got into the vault I guess by sort of cheesing it (used my horse as a weight for the door puzzle) but you can't complete at least one vault without it.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
One of the Fresco puzzles is busted. There is one near a pond not too far from Aphrodite where you encounter two Gorgons and a Minotaur.

Because of the water around the Fresco trying to push pieces clips with the water causing a collision detection issue and you get stuck in a looping animation of trying to push and not pushing it making it unsolvable.

Gonna save the game and quit out and the reload and see if this fixes the problem or this something that will require a patch.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Put like 8 hours into the game so far, combat is fun but shallow. The exploration and puzzles are great so far though, there's usually a small puzzle related to most things I've explored. If you enjoyed breath of the wild this game is a no brainer to pick up. Glad I didn't touch watch dogs legion or Valhalla and went for this game. I hope this does decent to warrant a sequel.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
One of the Fresco puzzles is busted. There is one near a pond not too far from Aphrodite where you encounter two Gorgons and a Minotaur.

Because of the water around the Fresco trying to push pieces clips with the water causing a collision detection issue and you get stuck in a looping animation of trying to push and not pushing it making it unsolvable.

Gonna save the game and quit out and the reload and see if this fixes the problem or this something that will require a patch.

If it's the one I'm thinking of I just completed it without any issues, so you may have just been unlucky unfortunately.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I love how clean and sharp the game looks. Stadia demo was nothing compared to how the game looks on a competent PC. Difficulty is way too low though and I already started on hard. Unfortunately they locked the hardest difficulty behind NG+. A real shame. It's not like I want Sekiro-esque challenge but this is way too easy.

It's also fascinating how this Ubisoft team gets so many things right already while the AC team wouldn't. Or how they work out a camera that doesn't change and tilt aggressively around once it hits and obstacle, something Japanese developers doesn't seem learn.
E0OXxPB.jpg

In games where almost every movement and action is camera-dependent, I really like when it doesn't change erratically (like in every Souls game when you get close to a wall...) and I keep the same field of view and overview a few seconds before my character gets behind a wall.

I really like the (exaggerated) animation, too. They convey so much fun and power and the underlines the lack of seriousness in the story, the whole game:
2knZ9Eg.jpg

E0OeonL.jpg

However, I don't know why some devs still think its cool to put a fuckton of graphics settings into one setting. "Effects" bascially handles clouds, water, fog and other post process effects. WHY THOUGH? Yeah, just let us put EVERYTHING into one option while we're at it. Who cares? Just call it "graphics" and give us three presets. Who needs scaleability on a PC anyways... I also hated that in The Outer Worlds and Metro games.
It's commonly known that clouds and fog/volumetric lighting takes a huge performance hit so I'd rather dial these particular settings down a notch but keep the water and effects high. AC games let me do this but not this.

Also, why the fuck do I have to use a cursor in the main menus with my pad? These little things really are annoying.

A game inspired by BoTW but with a somehow competent story
I was immediately and positively surprised with that.

Met this character I saved who instantly stole my bracers and ran off. I never saw this kind of action and character dynamic in a cutscene in BotW except for what happened in the past-pieces when you find these scavenger hunt like locations in BotW. BotW2 seriously have to step up and improve on that. At least we got full voice overs (except for Link...) now.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the vibration on the PS5 version not working as expected / very tame?

I'm getting slight clicks as rumble when I feel it should be more intense. Booted up Astro just to make sure and the rumble was working just fine.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, sounds promising. Been hankering for an open-world game to kill time with and since Days Gone didn't really click and this is on the Ubisoft+ thing, I think I'll give this a try soon.

Power through to the 3rd Camp in Days Gone, game gets much better from then on.

jimbosimbo

Nov 9, 2020
Update downloading on my Series X.

Highlights

• Added support for multiple next generation consoles features.
  • Adjusted Stamina consumption to be more lenient and Stamina acquisition to be more generous.
  • Various stability improvements.
  • Various performance improvements.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Alright, I already feel like an idiot.

I'm in like the third vault in the game (The One Eyee Giant). It won't let me puck up the first blocks that appear. It won't let me push them. I can't do anything. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a meter I've depleted that no longer lets me use the "magnesis" or whatever its called in this game?

Edit: I left the vault and can't use Herakles' Strength or push blocks anywhere. :-/ What the hell am I missing? I try to use it and the button on the HUD is darkened and flashes red.

Edit #2: I think I was in the vault before I was supposed to be? I left and talked to the oracle dude, then it directed me to go in the vault and now its fine.

Last edited:

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ

I had this issue too. Took a few tries but I got them to move eventually. If it's same one I'm thinking it is.

Deleted member 84949

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
Does anyone have HDR looking right? I have a CX, and Series X calibrated like the main thread here. Not sure what to put the in game settings on though HDR luminance on 2000 and exposure on .5 like I have Valhalla on PS5, just looks terrible.

This is "wrong" i know but ive just put the console to full RGB range and TV black levels to "low" on all Ubi titles recently. Atleast on PS5 it still looks great and theres really no black crush. Other games look fine with the "correct" settings but theres something weird with Ubi titles.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have HDR looking right? I have a CX, and Series X calibrated like the main thread here. Not sure what to put the in game settings on though HDR luminance on 2000 and exposure on .5 like I have Valhalla on PS5, just looks terrible.
This game looks colorful but washed out. I have no other hdr looking like this

jimbosimbo

Nov 9, 2020
I put it on my TVs max luminance which is 400. Didn't touch exposure.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State

I had the same problem until I "unlocked" the piece that was frozen. Then I could move them all. But it was a little wonky

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I am still within my first 15 minutes but I already love the banter between Zeus and Prometheus.

Edit: Also, performance mode still looks gorgeous!

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Playing on PS5, and it's charming so far. Played about about 30-45 minutes and noticed a couple things before heading to bed last night.

- Quality mode felt more stable to me than Performance. That seems opposite of what I'd expect.
- In the fight where you learn how to Parry (L1 + R1), I ran into a bug where my Sword attack stopped working. Had to disengage and run away to get my attack back.

Anyone else seen or experienced these things?

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
How are you finding the HUD in HDR? I'm using the same settings on my LG CX and while the game itself looks great, the HUD looks washed out/grey. Even the logo after finishing the first island clearly looked wrong when I assume it was supposed to be white.

As a test, I lowered the exposure to -2 and the HUD looks correct, although the game obviously looked terrible, so is it just a weird bug with how the exposure levels work with the HUD? At times it can be pretty distracting when it's really dim, including the subtitles. This is just for the HUD in game, not the pause menu or anything as that looks fine.

HUD seems a little off but, I just changed the game to do the minimalist HUD/no hud.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Update downloading on my Series X.

Highlights

• Added support for multiple next generation consoles features.
  • Adjusted Stamina consumption to be more lenient and Stamina acquisition to be more generous.
  • Various stability improvements.
  • Various performance improvements.
Just booted the game and got no update. Are you sure this was not the day 1 patch?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Playing on PS5, and it's charming so far. Played about about 30-45 minutes and noticed a couple things before heading to bed last night.

- Quality mode felt more stable to me than Performance. That seems opposite of what I'd expect.
- In the fight where you learn how to Parry (L1 + R1), I ran into a bug where my Sword attack stopped working. Had to disengage and run away to get my attack back.

Anyone else seen or experienced these things?
There is a issue in performance mode on PS5. For some reason it introduces stuttering when in performance mode. That is why it feels more stable in quality mode.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This game looks colorful but washed out. I have no other hdr looking like this
Are you still in the opening area of the game? If so, it is just that area. When you get to the point where the games title comes up it changes and looks great on my C9 OLED. But yeah, the opening area is not as colorful or "pop".

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up yesterday on XSX and am having a lot of fun with it. The BotW comparisons are obvious, but I think it also has a big Kid Icarus vibe (and sadly is probably the closest we'll get to another KI game).

momerath

Oct 27, 2017
OK. I figured "A" way out... I don't know if it's THE way. Feels like a BOTW "lol this works?!" kinda thing.

Still need help?

Yes please! No rush, since I won't have time to play much this weekend, but any hints you've got would be amazing. :)

Edit: Just saw your second post. That is a hilarious solution, I will definitely give it a try next time I fire the game up.

ChristianM

Mar 21, 2018
Sweden
I love BOTW but typical open world games in the Ubisoft mold quickly bore me, worth it?

I'd say definitely not worth it. I love BOTW as well but this game captures nothing of what makes BOTW such a great experience. If you are easily bored by ubisoft open world then you will be bored quickly of this game as well. I threw in the towel after 4 hours.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Any performance comparisons between PS5 and Series X? I'm not sure what system to get this for.
www.resetera.com

VG Tech: Immortals Fenyx Rising PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

Quality Mode PS5 in Performance Mode currently has a bug that causes stuttering unrelated to the games frame rate. PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2275x1280...

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Edit: Just saw your second post. That is a hilarious solution, I will definitely give it a try next time I fire the game up.

I can't tell if that was the actual solution or if I went all BOTW with it. I've come up with a few solutions like this so far, which I love. I'm not looking anything up, so if I get stuck on a bonus chest, I really try to think outside the box... but...that could be what they want. lol

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX

Where at? I've done them all in the first main area with issue. If it's in another location, I can go look and confirm.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the second main area and digging this a lot. The puzzling is pretty great honestly, some really fun vaults especially the "boss" one. Progression feels good too, its easy to get over powered in these kinds of games but encounters still feel challenging. Playing on hard and I've died like x5 mores times than I did on my hard Valhalla run. Many gripes are performance isn't as good as I'd like on PC, enemy variety and the weak art style... Especially in a year where Hades came out.

Deleted member 84949

Banned
Nov 8, 2020
Been reading and it seems pretty clear that the PS5 issues are related to vsync. Without the d1 patch the game is smooth but has tearing. D1 patch eliminated the tearing but introduced stutter.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Well, I was having a good time and then CTD. Besides the CTD, it has been great so far. Humor is hit or miss, either you like it or you don't (fake news expert lol).

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just loving this game, stayed up till three in the morning and didnt realize it,same thing happened with BOTW. I like the fact that it gives you the option to highlight all the spots or just go explore blind. Sometimes I want to know where I need to go and sometimes I just want to be surprised. Combat is really fun and opens up with the more abilities you get. I'm playing on hard and have died quite a bit on some of the encounters,good stuff all around.

Playing on PC @4k everything maxed on a 3080. Im locking my framerate at 80fps and its staying maxed most of the time but I'm using a CX with VRR so I dont really feel the dips when they get in the low 70's.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Desperate to jump in on this, but want the performance bug on PS5 ironed out before I do.

Glad to hear people on here are digging it.

Deleted member 84949

Banned
Nov 8, 2020
I like the fact that it gives you the option to highlight all the spots or just go explore blind. Sometimes I want to know where I need to go and sometimes I just want to be surprised. .
Exactly! There are sessions when i just want to go collect stuff. Other times i wanna be fully immersed and explore. Its wonderful!