• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, goody, another game where I have to log into some stupid developer's website in order to play the game. Horray.
Also, why does the Switch version have a mouse cursor in the menus? WHY?
The banter between Zeus and Prometheus is hilarious.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
Wish there was a REAL demo instead of being locked to Stadia, since uplay doesn't offer refunds, I'm wary on buying it only to see that it runs badly on my aging PC.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I have so much currently to play, but honestly I have not touched my Switch in a long damn time, so I feel very compelled to pick this up on it just so I have something to play on it again.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, I've spent hours between this and Valhalla jumping back into the menus to make more "normal" control setups. A big part of the problem are these hack-n-slashy games trying to emulate Dark Souks and put attacks on the shoulder buttons. I desperately wish this would stop being a thing.

EDIT: Did this game just make a reference to 90s TV psychic Miss Cleo?

yeah, playing odyssey I always mapped the attack buttons to the face buttons and the dodge to the trigger or bumper

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I believe this will be a sleeper hit of 2020, it's amazing so far! I've found so many cool things so far in the world and some of the optional bosses are freaking hard.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So is the stutter that's present on the PS5 version not present on the Series X version at all? Ready to pull the trigger, and if it's clean as of now on Series X then that is where the eagle will land.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the dualsense support in this is just terrible. Kinda wish I went with the series x version like I was originally planning on doing.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else's Home Screen like this? The splash screen was so nice and now it's changed to a low quality ad for the season pass.

Eoc_2wtUYAAIhUW

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Just "completed" the first main area (and tutorial). 22 Hours. Definitely lots to do in the game. This is on hard, no compass, no quest objective. Time to check out new areas!

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I have a copy and PC and Xbox, can't decide which to start but leaning towards Xbox with a month of Uplay + to see how it runs plus check out the cross-progression. My biggest fear is I am going to start this and then get totally sidetracked by Cyberpunk rather than balancing the two as was my original plan.

tragic you seem to be one of the more experienced players in the thread - what version are you playing?

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Just "completed" the first main area (and tutorial). 22 Hours. Definitely lots to do in the game. This is on hard, no compass, no quest objective. Time to check out new areas!

How can you tell when you've finished an area? I don't have the game in front of me at the moment but I don't remember seeing a completion % for an area or anything like that.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I have a copy and PC and Xbox, can't decide which to start but leaning towards Xbox with a month of Uplay + to see how it runs plus check out the cross-progression. My biggest fear is I am going to start this and then get totally sidetracked by Cyberpunk rather than balancing the two as was my original plan.

tragic you seem to be one of the more experienced players in the thread - what version are you playing?

PC. i7, 2080ti. No performance problems of any kind (aside from 1 crash - game just closed out of the blue).

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
How can you tell when you've finished an area? I don't have the game in front of me at the moment but I don't remember seeing a completion % for an area or anything like that.

I say "completed" because I don't really know if it's a true 100% of those 2 areas. I scanned everything I could. There's one thing I can't seem to get to right now, but otherwise, I don't see anything left.

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm playing on PC and have had 3 crashes so far. Have a 9900k and RTX 3080. Game just closes and asks to send a crash report. Coming off the back of AC: Valhalla and Watchdogs Legion it's pretty annoying as I had no issues in those games.

Also Ubisoft Connect has been more than worth the money this last month. I didn't even know this game existed until yesterday. I seen it was on the Epic store for £50 then noticed the dev was Ubisoft so hopped on Connect and there it was ready to download. Ya fucking dancer lol.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
You can wring 50-100+ hours out of any game if you play it that way.

Very true. I've been using the Eye to scan for objectives so I'm not just aimlessly wandering around. I don't think the game actually needs the compass. The quest-log shows up on the map, so I turned it off on the HUD because it's pretty redundant (you know what you are going after). Basically I just look for an objective, be it chest, vault, fresco, nav puzzle, and go do it. There's quite a lot of stuff to do.

I could probably just steamroll the mainline quest (enemies aren't very hard at the moment, even on Hard difficulty), but doing all the side stuff is really quite fun.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
Great game! Ubisoft Quebec delivers again. The only issue so far is the voice of female Fenyx, it's very grating. This is balanced however by Elias Toufexis, Adam Jensen himself, voicing Prometheus. Can't wait to play more!

momerath

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone solved the bonus chest in the "Taking Cerberos for a Walk" vault? This is the first time I've been fully stumped by one of these.

I can see where the chest is, and I can see where there's a pressure pad to open the gate for it, but the whole area is extremely high up, and I have honestly no idea how to get up there.

SirNick

Aug 26, 2020
Where can you access the preorder and gold edition goodies? I can't locate this stuff anywhere. Already reached the Halls of Gods.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Has anyone solved the bonus chest in the "Taking Cerberos for a Walk" vault? This is the first time I've been fully stumped by one of these.

I can see where the chest is, and I can see where there's a pressure pad to open the gate for it, but the whole area is extremely high up, and I have honestly no idea how to get up there.

I JUST got to this Vault. I literally started the load in, then came over here to read for a split second.

I'll let you know in a sec! =)

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Anyone finding it impossible on Switch to hit that third moving target in the area where you first get the bow?

Not sure what gives but it just won't register thr hit the target like, doesn't come down below the door

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX

OK. I figured "A" way out... I don't know if it's THE way. Feels like a BOTW "lol this works?!" kinda thing.

Still need help?

Baybob

Oct 4, 2019
no didn't get the red to turn blue, I'll fast travel back over there

Edit: wow it was right in front of my face the entire time.
Yeah, I walked around there for like half an hour pulling my hair out looking for the exact same thing until I decided to try it. I originally thought there was like a red matching red one to find... So I know the feeling.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I was planning on checking Valhalla out soon, but since it's apparently still riddled with bugs, I'm gonna wait on it. This any better? On PC, specifically. Minor bugs here and there are perfectly fine by me, just don't want to run into something gamebreaking.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I was planning on checking Valhalla out soon, but since it's apparently still riddled with bugs, I'm gonna wait on it. This any better? On PC, specifically. Minor bugs here and there are perfectly fine by me, just don't want to run into something gamebreaking.

I've had one crash in 23-24 hours. Other than that, perfectly fine!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've had one crash in 23-24 hours. Other than that, perfectly fine!

Cool, sounds promising. Been hankering for an open-world game to kill time with and since Days Gone didn't really click and this is on the Ubisoft+ thing, I think I'll give this a try soon.

Deleted member 21665

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Little tip on PC version..if you dislike farsight as much as me just waggle the mouse as fast as possible left/right and mash the reveal button (default "E").

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I tried this very briefly yesterday on my PS5 just to see what its like as I'll be playing it when I'm done with Miles.

The game does not seem 60fps even in performance mode? Like when I'm rotating the area in the start where you get the sword, there seems to be slight framerate hitches and stutters? Disappointing as the game doesn't look that great either just a slightly cleaner looking version of a last gen game. Wasn't impressed by the HDR either compared to Demons or Miles Morales

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I tried this very briefly yesterday on my PS5 just to see what its like as I'll be playing it when I'm done with Miles.

The game does not seem 60fps even in performance mode? Like when I'm rotating the area in the start where you get the sword, there seems to be slight framerate hitches and stutters? Disappointing as the game doesn't look that great either just a slightly cleaner looking version of a last gen game. Wasn't impressed by the HDR either compared to Demons or Miles Morales
Believe that's a known issue for the PS5 version of the game.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Do you not like the way HGIG looks? I run this game with HGIG on Luminance at 800 and exposure at 0 and while it looked dull and washed out on the first island/prologue it looks amazing on the main island.

How are you finding the HUD in HDR? I'm using the same settings on my LG CX and while the game itself looks great, the HUD looks washed out/grey. Even the logo after finishing the first island clearly looked wrong when I assume it was supposed to be white.

As a test, I lowered the exposure to -2 and the HUD looks correct, although the game obviously looked terrible, so is it just a weird bug with how the exposure levels work with the HUD? At times it can be pretty distracting when it's really dim, including the subtitles. This is just for the HUD in game, not the pause menu or anything as that looks fine.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
5 hours in, it's a really fun game so far, except the Achilles vault. If you're going to have physics based timed puzzles in your game, I would expect the physics works 100%.

Rage quit the vault after 20 minutes, because when I get where I'm supposed to be in time, the goddamn ball doesn't even manage to get there half the time and I need to go back and hope this time around the physics doesn't fuck it up.
That's not fun.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Does going to the vantage point still call out everything like reviews say even with the options you're using?

Going to the vantage point doesn't mark anything. You have to manually use your special vision to find things and then "reveal" them. The only thing the vantage point does is reveal that area of the island (removes the clouds so you can see the terrain).

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
Really enjoying this.

I love how... gamey it feels. Just rock solid mechanics and a compelling over world.

I also find the dialogue endearing and appreciate how they give you Ancient Greek lore as you approach different arenas of the world etc.