• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Nintendo Life even complained about the game being too similar to BotW and listed it as a negative point. What the hell? That's good thing, BotW is literally one of the best games ever made. I wish more games copied it.

Sometimes their bias is really annoying.

Yeah it does. Haven't encountered any resolution drop. The game is truly magical.

I feel a lot of people have dinged it because it's like BOTW, which is a bit unfair. The game stands on it's own. For me, it has better combat, no weapon breaks, no rain slip while climbing, a more robust/full environment, and a different presentation (the silly/comical banter)... among other things.

I'm not saying it's a better game than BOTW, but I am saying that currently, I like it more than BOTW. I'll see how I feel once I finish it... which is a ways off given how large the game feels.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah this is probably going to wind up as a sleeper hit.

I'm not at all bothered by the dialog between Zeus and Prometheus, either.

I think as much as Ubisoft learned from Breath of the Wild for Immortals: Fenyx Rising, I think Nintendo could also in-turn also learn some things from Fenyx Rising, notably the improved combat and special abilities being better integrated into combat more.

Things like the Bombs worked well enough, but Stasis and Magnesis felt fiddy in combat situations. I think integrating to controller short cuts with the shoulder buttons or triggers would have felt a bit more seamless.

Also there was a TON of Monster materials and gemstones you could gather in BOTW, I was hoping at one point you could eventually go to the Goron Village and meet a Blacksmith and use some of the crafting materials to repair or possibly reinforce some the weapons you can find. Just the same you used a lot of the things you picked up at the Fairy Fountains to improve your armors.

Why not take a page from A Link to the Past and be able to just drop your sword into the Fairy Pond and the Fairy returns the sword back to you but with the option to repair it / improve it AT A COST.

I look forward to playing Fenyx even more. It's definitely a surprise for me and I'll also be greatly looking forward to BOTW2.

Jun 17, 2018
If I didn't have so much to play right now I'd pick this up without a doubt. This seems like the kind of sleeper hit Darksiders was. I watched the ACG review and it looks right up my street.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I love it so much.

I just met some really fast kid who stole my bracers, and I can only imagine who he is(He has to be Hermes, right?)

Its almost everything I've wanted out of BotW. I think the only gripe I have like 2 hours in is that there's no recipes. Maybe. I don't know, I started it before work.

I'm really excited to see what this game has to offer.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Nintendo Life even complained about the game being too similar to BotW and listed it as a negative point. What the hell? That's good thing, BotW is literally one of the best games ever made. I wish more games copied it.

Sometimes their bias is really annoying.

Yeah it does. Haven't encountered any resolution drop. The game is truly magical.

Thank you!

Oct 28, 2017
I do not understand the Lyre puzzles. When I went to the big lyre, there was nothing to do. I even went to a smaller one and heard the tune but I am confused.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Any place have a discount on the PC version?
Haven't seen it on sale but you could do like a few of did and just sign up for "Ubisoft plus" and play it for 15 bucks. Obviously your preference of owning games may differ from mine. I did the same for Fallen Order with EA play and kind of forced me to actually play and finish the game before the month ended.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
EobG1zxXEAIaWBx.jpg

Look at this impressive statue I found.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
The more I play, the more I love it. I just found a random tartarus - underworld mission; and even though challenging it was as always so satisfactory. I hope more people give this game a chance.
Also, I am sure BOTW as great as it is, also took ideas from other games and It's all good! It is what the industry and all industries should be about; learning from one another and improving. This game at times feel like BOTW, and Fable or KOA and it all works really well. At the end, it is its own thing and it's good; and I am glad developers are taking chances of proposing new IPs.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only just finished the prologue, but so far I'm glad I took a chance on this. I love how smooth it runs and how colorful it is. Kind of makes me appreciate the silent protagonist thing Link has going for him in BotW though.

Subxero

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Is anyone getting a "something went wrong" error when they redeemed the gold edition code on Xbox Series X?

It seemed like a issue I would have seen something about. My Brother had the same issue with his last night.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Can someone finish this fast, or it's a 60h game as per Ubi? Still have AC Valhalla waiting but after its XsX downgrade I'm a bit angry...

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Went ahead and just bought this on my Switch. Excited to check it out. BotW is my favorite game of all time and I have no expectation that this will match it, but excited to dig into something a bit similiar before bed each night.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Will have to wait a bit to check this out...currently playing through GOT in 60FPS on PS5, have AC Valhalla behind that...these games are some decent time investment, but since BOTW was so amazing, this even being similar and well made makes it pretty much a must play for me.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have to say this game really looks fucking great on PC. I am continually impressed by how good it looks and HDR really puts the cherry on top...

Zularti

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to snag it and I really enjoy it. Honestly I thought the writing would be a turn off but it's not. I always think it's silly to have the greek gods act stoic and cool considering what they do haha.

Idk it just works well for me glad I picked it up.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone finish this fast, or it's a 60h game as per Ubi? Still have AC Valhalla waiting but after its XsX downgrade I'm a bit angry...

I believe, like BOTW, you could go straight to the last boss straight away if you wanted to. What you do and how much time you spend in between is down to the player.

Others have said 20-30hrs but I'm far too early to say.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
After playing Legion then Valhalla and now this game I really hate how Ubisoft seem to make the controls more complicated. Im still not used to dodge using Square button (on PS5).
They also love to include the pointer in menu selection which is to me a big issue.
Otherwise the game looks fun and easy

Deleted member 84949

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
I have heard that the PS5 version doesn't run well. Anyone have that version?
It technically runs at a locked 60. Problem is, that there is a framepacing/vsync issue, that introduces constant micro stutter. Its playable for sure but depending on how sensitive you are to that kind of stuff you might want to wait for a patch. I stopped playing until its fixed. Looove the game otherwise.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
After playing Legion then Valhalla and now this game I really hate how Ubisoft seem to make the controls more complicated. Im still not used to dodge using Square button (on PS5).
They also love to include the pointer in menu selection which is to me a big issue.
Otherwise the game looks fun and easy

Yeah, I've spent hours between this and Valhalla jumping back into the menus to make more "normal" control setups. A big part of the problem are these hack-n-slashy games trying to emulate Dark Souks and put attacks on the shoulder buttons. I desperately wish this would stop being a thing.

EDIT: Did this game just make a reference to 90s TV psychic Miss Cleo?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
It technically runs at a locked 60. Problem is, that there is a framepacing/vsync issue, that introduces constant micro stutter. Its playable for sure but depending on how sensitive you are to that kind of stuff you might want to wait for a patch. I stopped playing until its fixed. Looove the game otherwise.

Popped in here to see if that had been fixed. Sad to see it hasn't. I really want to buy this game.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have towns or cities? Or is it just some buildings here and there throughout the world?

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
I've been loving this game but I've got this bug where I can no longer hear zeus and prometheus and it has made this 10 times more enjoyable.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Does anyone have HDR looking right? I have a CX, and Series X calibrated like the main thread here. Not sure what to put the in game settings on though HDR luminance on 2000 and exposure on .5 like I have Valhalla on PS5, just looks terrible.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I think I noticed what you are talking about. I'm on an 8700k with a 3080, 4k, maxed out and getting around 70-90 fps depending on what's happening (at least so far in The first two hours)

They don't seem terrible but a blemish on otherwise decent performance. I tried setting the input to Xbox controller only, and are using the Microsoft adaptor, as I heard that caused problems on Valhalla,but doesn't seem to make a difference here.

These microstutters are really bugging me, I've been trying to see if there is anything I can do to fix them.

Can you do me a favor- teleport to the hall of the gods, then stand on the circular blue tiles near the weights. Look at the weights and walk left and right. Do you consistently see one of these microstutters as you do this?

I'm starting to think that these microstutters happen as you cross over streaming boundaries. When it happens I can usually walk back and forth over the area and it always causes a stutter when I step over the same spot.

They also seem to never happen in shrine dungeons

mantrid

Jul 15, 2020
Is this going to be an empty vessel? The short lived feel of BoTW with no actual depth?

Needs to be given a month or so to find out methinks?

Anyone did beta, how was endgame? how was it after a few months play?

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Does anyone have HDR looking right? I have a CX, and Series X calibrated like the main thread here. Not sure what to put the in game settings on though HDR luminance on 2000 and exposure on .5 like I have Valhalla on PS5, just looks terrible.

Alot of people are saying that the beginning isle is very dull looking and the HDR looks really good once you get past that.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Turn off HDR on your PS5 for Valhalla. It looked a lot better on the series X when I did that.

Doesn't make the game any less boring, though.

edit, sorry misread

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So, it's now the 5th in Japan, and I still can't play the game. Ubi Connect still says it's Coming Soon. Launching from Epic Game Store results in a pop up for the key activation, but the game doesn't launch. I talked to Ubi Support, and they can't find a solution. The forums seem to have multiple people with the exact same problem with no solution.

Pretty close to just refunding this. This is so serious bullshit. I bought the game 2 days ago and I haven't been able to play it.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Is this going to be an empty vessel? The short lived feel of BoTW with no actual depth?

Needs to be given a month or so to find out methinks?

Anyone did beta, how was endgame? how was it after a few months play?

Almost 20 hours in. The combat is way more in depth. As for being creative with item combinations and such, there's nothing really like that in Immortals. It's more about combat, exploration, and puzzles. End game is just collecting everything and doing everything, so it seems. I think after 40-50 hours, I'd be pretty happy with that, but everyone wants different things.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
How's the PS5 performance? I'm playing Valhalla and it's just not very good (performance mode). Wondering if this fares better.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017

Do you not like the way HGIG looks? I run this game with HGIG on Luminance at 800 and exposure at 0 and while it looked dull and washed out on the first island/prologue it looks amazing on the main island.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Do you not like the way HGIG looks? I run this game with HGIG on Luminance at 800 and exposure at 0 and while it looked dull and washed out on the first island/prologue it looks amazing on the main island.

I don't mind it! I'm pretty sure I just fucked up the values to begin with though. I'm going to try putting it back down to 800 and exposure at 0 like you did and see how that works for me. Thank you!

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Alot of people are saying that the beginning isle is very dull looking and the HDR looks really good once you get past that.

This has been my experience so far. I was going nuts playing through the intro island last night because it looked so weird and washed out, but when I started on the main island today, it looked so much better. The game looks really great at certain points.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind it! I'm pretty sure I just fucked up the values to begin with though. I'm going to try putting it back down to 800 and exposure at 0 like you did and see how that works for me. Thank you!

I'd suggest setting your ps5 up with HGIG on, doing the hdr calibration as vincent said on his youtube channel and setting the game to either 800 and 0 or 850 and 0.

If you want to do his one past barely visible for steps 1 and 2 of hdr in the ps5 setup is up to you.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
This has been my experience so far. I was going nuts playing through the intro island last night because it looked so weird and washed out, but when I started on the main island today, it looked so much better. The game looks really great at certain points.

what do you have your in game HDR settings as?

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
I'd suggest setting your ps5 up with HGIG on, doing the hdr calibration as vincent said on his youtube channel and setting the game to either 800 and 0 or 850 and 0.

If you want to do his one past barely visible for steps 1 and 2 of hdr in the ps5 setup is up to you.

i got this one on Series X as my PS5 is full lol. But I have my Series X and CX setup per Vincent with HGIG. About to fire it up and set luminance and exposure like that though! I've had it on 1000/2000 and then like .5, so it should be a good change.

Oct 14, 2019
Is the bow meant to have this absolutely horrible implementation on the PS5 Dualsense? The left trigger rattles excessively every time you fire your bow.

Surely that's a glitch? If not, it's the worst implementation I've felt yet.

While we are on that, the Far Side implementation is also pretty bad and irritating.

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft definitely deserves some praise for the Switch version here.
-Day 1 port of graphically intensive open world games that most other publishers would shrug their shoulders at and not even consider doing a Switch port.
-They managed to fit the game on a 16GB cart without any bullshit required downloads.
-Good gyro and HD rumble support
-Even thought it's not native 720P in handheld, it's far and I mean far less blurry than something like Doom or Wolfenstein and the realtime cutscenes look even clearer.
-No missing content and cross platform save support like the other versions.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Just found a secret in a vault that required some additional exploration and thinking... and I'm still in the first area (almost full clear of first area at this point). Had thought I cleared it then realized it wasn't 100%'ed when I left. Had to go back and look around... figured it out. Good feeling! I hope they get trickier, too.

So far, this is the jam!